• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! WTF, the Bears released Chris Harris?!!?

With the depth as thin as it is at the position, God only knows how they make that move??? Unbelievable.

I agree. Absolutely terrible move, and it has to be bad for locker room morale. One hamstring injury and any one of those guys could be out of a job.

On a positive note, it does look like Carimi's recovery is on schedule. He's begun to practice again, making me think he'll be back after the bye. Louis has done a decent job at RT, so I really hope the Bears consider putting Carimi at LT and taking Webb out of the lineup.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis has totally exceeded my expectation at RT. So has Spencer for that matter at RG. Carimi's return could actually logjam things a bit. (tho, that's a good logjam to have:-)) I'd hate to see Spencer get demoted, but I fear he will be the odd man out. He has played great the last few weeks, with a handful of KEY blocks on some of Matt's bigger runs.

I think the biggest surprise on the o-line for me this year has been Chris Williams. While he hasn't dominated, he hasn't been getting beat either. I have maybe heard his name called twice all season. That's generally not a bad thing when speaking of an o-lineman, as usually, if you're hearing their name, it's because they are fn up. While he may never live up to his draft status, it appears he may stick around.

I really like the outlook for the remainder of the season. We are a much better team right now, then we were last year at this time, with the exact same record, and having already played the toughest portion of the schedule. I can see the Bears contending once again in the NFC.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats up BD. Forte looking pretty good . this season is unfolding pretty nicely so far. a rough start but as lovie says (UGH) we are into the second quarter of the season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT UP BRIGGSY!!??!!

Nice to see ya! For the record, the BEARDWN on FOX isn't me. I still go read the pages, but am totally banned from there. All 3 of my IP addresses have been banned. Kinda BS...oh well.

Forte's a beast...legitimate MVP candidate if he keeps it up.

Jurko on ESPN is saying Chris Harris may have sealed his own fate, with his own big mouth?? Twittered his way right out of Chicago. Apparently the Bears have alot of faith in some kid I've never heard of off the practice squad? I dunno, the whole thing stinks to me...dude was a 2nd team All-Pro, LAST YEAR!!? Just sayin..

I guess I gotta figure out something else to do this Sunday. Couldn't ask for a better time for the bye tho.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta bolt, but stop by more often...gets kinda lonely here..lol

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i didnt think it was you he says alot of ingenious ides-----------not. No i have been waiting for a alias to show up saying something that mattered i would figure that would be BD07. Yeah i need to get on here a little more often , been working night and day all summer till now. i should have some slow time coming up soon , i usually slow way down in bad weather especially now since i am doing mostly outside work lately.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opened a can of whoop ass yesterday. Peppers is a mutant. Hester is the best returner in the history of the game. Tillman may finally make the Pro Bowl. Long overdue IMO. Bears interior d-linemen brought it yesterday. The stat lines may not show it, but it was their best collective effort of the year. Bigtime win, in a bigtime game.

Jim Schwartz is a punk. Sorry, but I can't help but picture him speaking with an outrageous French accent and smoking cigarettes out of one of those extender/holder deals that Hunter Thompson used. Severe short-man syndrome. I respect what he's done for a hapless organization, but his thuggery seems to have a negative impact on his team...overall....fine-line.

Matt Stafford should have been the one that was ejected btw, not Moore. The refs did a lousy job of keeping things under control.

I have heard and seen all the chatter on ESPN and FOX, and Lions fans are delusional. They all are saying that the Bears were equally dirty, citing the Peppers FF on C. Johnson and Briggs jacking of Pettigrew(I believe?)...One of their TE's? First off, both hits were legal. The penalty on Briggs was bull. It was his shoulder, he didn't leave his feet, and the guy he hit is actually quite a but bigger than Briggs. More pussification of the game IMO. Apparently receivers can go across the middle without fear of being hit now? Peppers' clothesline was also a legal tackle, as it was across the chest....below the head. Nothing more than brute strength, and a great, great play.

Fairley's endzone drive, Suh's helmet-toss and Staffords helmet-tackle are Bush League, cheapshots. PERIOD! Defend em' all ya want, but they are what they are.

Bottom line. Bears stomped em' and it admittedly, felt pretty damn good.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the defense played with a chip on their shoulder yesterday. Tillman dominated Calvin all day, jamming up within five yards on almost every play. The D-Line was aggressive, and really showed how one-dimensional Stafford is (that one dimension being "throw the ball up and hope Calvin catches it"). He had to throw short-mid range passes and he didn't know how to handle it. Briggs is a beast. That hit was one of the best hits i've ever seen. He led with the shoulder and just leveled him in a way that would have made Butkus smile. Peppers is just so damn fast that even if you lock him up for 2-3 seconds, he can chase the QB down. Basically, this defense is playing their best ball of the Post-Rivera era and I am loving it. This is the first week since about halfway through 2007 where I can say that I think Lovie Smith deserves to keep his job. Working with Marinelli has finally gotten his style of defense to work, and the results have been great.

The Lions are the dirtiest team in football. Fairley driving Cutler to the ground long after he released it was absurd. Honestly, an unprovoked cheap shot like that should have gotten him ejected. As it stands, he'll lose a large sum of money (probably $25,000+). Suh's helmet toss was dirty, but the play where Cutler was being held up by another lineman and he came over and pushed him 3-4 seconds after the play was done was even worse. He should be expecting an even bigger fine than Fairley. Stafford was a punk who basically tried to break Moore's neck. I'm glad Moore ran after him and made Stafford look the coward we all knew he was. He has more respect from me because of it. The Lions have a lot of potential, but if they play like they did today (and last game, too), they will have a target on their back every week. As this game showed, the Lions aren't the Packers or Patriots ready to push back other teams' best play.

Devin Hester is the man. All this talk of "don't kick to Hester" is fine with me. We can have players (Knox or Bennett) cover the short route. Teams will be forced to kick it out of bounds, which typically winds up being 15 yards or so short of the kicker's potential. Even without Hester touching the ball, he would then lead us to victory in the field position battle.

This team looks like a really good team. With the AFC West then Seattle, this team has no excuse to not go 4-1 over the next 5 to be 10-4 going into the Green Bay game. We can even lose two of those five+MN and pretty much be guaranteed a playoff spot. The O-Line is a concern with Williams out for the year. Hopefully, Carimi will recover quickly from his surgery. The offense should be at least functional, and with our D, functional is good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss of Chris Williams. He was having his best year as a Pro. We'll see if he has the same resolve as Urlacher did with the same injury. One has to wonder if they will try to get Carimi in there when available, and if so, where will he fit? For now at least Edwin Williams needs to step up and make it seem like the ONLY difference is the jersey number. (haha...since they have the same last name...see what I did there? lol...k...I'll be better.

Bears need to keep this winning streak going and dominate this AFC West stretch...particularly the home games, which starts Sunday. The defense needs to replicate last Sunday's performance. Bears are in a great position. Need to finish strong.

GO BEARS!!!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Briggs is having a great season, that dude is a beast..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...that fn sucks about Carimi. 2 quality o-linemen in as many weeks. (Though Carimi's really only played one game) I liked the way he looked.

Fines levied today, and wouldn't ya know it, the Lions received the brunt of it. I would like to not, that neither Briggs nor Peppers were fined. I think the league got it right, even with the Suh hit. Fairly's was worse. Stafford's amount would be the only thing I would question...I get that Moore's was more, but then again, he already suffered an ejection, when pretty boy got to stay in the game.

Speaking of Moore, his absence this week could hurt us more than the o-line absentees.

If the Bears can keep running strong, and the D can keep up the takeaways, the sky's the limit for them.

BTW, Cutler is the man...I can't remember if it was against the Lions or the Eagles now?...but the play where he went to one knee, and spun around and back up to dump it off to the back in the flat, was just awesome. He may be the only QB in the league that can pull that off.

LET'S GO BEARS!!!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per sources, Cutler is out six weeks with a broken thumb in his throwing hand. This is bad, but the team almost certainly makes the playoffs if they win three of five against Oakland, KC, Denver, Seattle, and Minnesota. Even without Cutler, that seems very likely.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Per sources, Cutler is out six weeks with a broken thumb in his throwing hand. This is bad, but the team almost certainly makes the playoffs if they win three of five against Oakland, KC, Denver, Seattle, and Minnesota. Even without Cutler, that seems very likely.

KC without Cassel and Seattle should be wins from defense and Hester teams alone. The others could be wins also, probably not easy without Cutler though.

That really sucks about Cutler, they were getting that o-line on track.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't posted anything about Cutler's injury, but man....it hurts. I feel bad for the kid. After last season's national pasting of him, coupled with the fact that he was having a great season to this point. Not to mention the fact that it happened on a freak play, and not during one of the plethora of sacks and/or hits he's taken over the course of the last couple of seasons, makes it even more annoying?! Hopefully they can get him back by the playoffs, but realistically, it could be well into the playoffs, before he's able to return. We'll see....I certainly hope for a speedy recovery.

Moving forward...Hanie is a gamer. Is he Cutler? No. By no means. Cutler is a top 5 QB IMO. Hanie could start for a few teams in the NFL though, and I personally think he's better than, say...Orton. (mobility can make up for alot of shortcomings) I think the Bears will do fine down their final stretch here, but prior to Cutler's injury, I wasn't thinking about just "doing fine". I felt that the Bears were the only team with a legitimate shot to knock off Green Bay.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a NFC Championship rematch of last year, and Cutler returns to upset em' in Lambeau? Guy can dream right?

Even with Hanie, I say the Bears have a legitimate shot to go 4-2 down the final stretch.

Did anybody on the planet think the Bears would get to 11 wins this year? (besides Bears fans?..lol)

Time to get behind Hanie...D up, and run it down opponents throats.

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't posted anything about Cutler's injury, but man....it hurts. I feel bad for the kid. After last season's national pasting of him, coupled with the fact that he was having a great season to this point. Not to mention the fact that it happened on a freak play, and not during one of the plethora of sacks and/or hits he's taken over the course of the last couple of seasons, makes it even more annoying?! Hopefully they can get him back by the playoffs, but realistically, it could be well into the playoffs, before he's able to return. We'll see....I certainly hope for a speedy recovery.

Moving forward...Hanie is a gamer. Is he Cutler? No. By no means. Cutler is a top 5 QB IMO. Hanie could start for a few teams in the NFL though, and I personally think he's better than, say...Orton. (mobility can make up for alot of shortcomings) I think the Bears will do fine down their final stretch here, but prior to Cutler's injury, I wasn't thinking about just "doing fine". I felt that the Bears were the only team with a legitimate shot to knock off Green Bay.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a NFC Championship rematch of last year, and Cutler returns to upset em' in Lambeau? Guy can dream right?

Even with Hanie, I say the Bears have a legitimate shot to go 4-2 down the final stretch.

Did anybody on the planet think the Bears would get to 11 wins this year? (besides Bears fans?..lol)

Time to get behind Hanie...D up, and run it down opponents throats.

That's assuming we make the playoffs...@ 7-4 now I wouldn't say its a sure thing. We were the "last team" in before this week @ 7-3. We HAVE to get to @ minimum 10 wins. Bonus is we get to play the DEN & KC still & have Minne as well. That should be the 3 wins, if we don't fuck it up.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad Mike Martz done forgot his meds again.

The backside screen call inside the 15 yard line was fucking dumb. Straight up dumb. The field is shortened, and a LB can settle, instead of dropping 10 yards deep like you would normally hope on a screen play. Barber and Forte all fucking day, shoulda been the name of the game. I know the game can dictate the playcalling at times, but Forte and Barber were both having goods games, so its not like they stopped the run
per se?? Hanie will settle down...hopefully. O-line struggled a bit too yesterday, but gotta give tons of credit to Lance Louis for stopping that pick 6...that was awesome.

The Raiders Special Teams was their MVP of the game...Lechler all but eliminated Hester, and the fat drunken pollock, Janikowsi never misses. We were outshined on Special Teams....can't say that very often.

Hopefully Hanie will play better at home. D needs to play better too, but given the 3 and outs and Oaklands starting field positions all game, they played alright. I thought the front 4 played really well.

Here's to a better outing against KC.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, just stop it already with the McNubb crap. It ain't happening. JUST SAY NO!! Dude was wildly inaccurate when he was in his prime!? Let alone now, when he's old and even more out of shape than normal? Bloggers sre still talking about it, even tho Lovie has flat-out stated NO!! Thank God.

If the Bears want any shot at the playoffs, tomorrow's game is a must-win. It may not matter much in the grand scheme of things....it's sounding more and more like Cutler won't see the field till' next season, :( but if the Bears D and ST can step it up another notch, and Hanie can improve, then I like their chances against most any team.

On a random tangent.....Let's talk kickers. I sure don't miss Brad Maynard. I know they're just punters, but Podlesh may actually have been our best offseason acquisition?? It sure is nice not to have to be unnerved by punting, for fear that Maynard's gonna shank one 19 yards with little to no pressure on him...and Gould is so reliable, that nobody even noticed how much better he actually is the last 2 years. His leg-strength is waaay better than it was his first few years. He couldn't hit from 50 and above till last year, basically. Now, he is arguably the best kicker in the game, save for maybe that drunk, Pollock out in Oakland.

BEARDOWN!!