• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l.gif

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it is halftime in the Bears-Saints game. The Saints are up 16-10. Our secondary has gotten shredded a couple of times (most notably on a long TD pass), but that isn't that stunning considering Chris Harris is out. The rest of the defense has looked good. The offensive line has had trouble adjusting to the blitz, but Martz seems to wake up to the holes at the end of the half. The wide receivers also need to hang on to all of the catchable calls. Two drives have ended by missing catchable balls.

Let's see how the second half goes. This game is definitely winnable.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears lost the game 30-13. They had their chances early in the second, and were probably the best team for the first 35 minutes. Then the wheels came off. The O-Line gave up 5 sacks in the last few minutes, and the wide receivers dropped several passes on the rare occasions where they got open. Despite the number of Saints points, the defense played decently well. The secondary had a few bad moments, but wasn't terrible.

Basically, the problems that this team has are the same that we have had for four years. We have no O-Line and our receivers suck. You would've thought Angelo and Lovie could have fixed these issues by now. It really is the difference between Super Bowl and 9-7.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said it smart...Bennett goes down and our WR's are no more. Hester is a non-factor, and once again, is nowhere near a true No. 1. Hopefully Roy Williams isn't gone for long...tho he's not what he was, he still gives Cutler a target he can see.

Carimi going down hurt. The line was never the same after that.

The two glaring weaknesses on our team were highlighted today when those two went down.

I have one question tho...now, I know we were thin at safety, but how in the hell is Chris Conte on the field on that 79 yard bomb?! 3rd and 12 and our rookie 4th string safety is on the field!? You know Brees noticed that. Now add to that, that Steltz was the one who filled in when major Wright went down??? I'm confused. I'm all for rotating players on the defensive line, but believe the safeties should stay put, unless injury forces otherwise. Nobody was hurt, Merriweather and Wright should be on the field on that play. PERIOD. Conte is NOT ready for primetime.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one question tho...now, I know we were thin at safety, but how in the hell is Chris Conte on the field on that 79 yard bomb?! 3rd and 12 and our rookie 4th string safety is on the field!? You know Brees noticed that. Now add to that, that Steltz was the one who filled in when major Wright went down??? I'm confused. I'm all for rotating players on the defensive line, but believe the safeties should stay put, unless injury forces otherwise. Nobody was hurt, Merriweather and Wright should be on the field on that play. PERIOD. Conte is NOT ready for primetime.

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. Conte is at best the fifth best safety on this team. He had no business being on the field, and it showed. Even after the blown coverage, both Wright and him had a good opportunity to make the tackle and they couldn't. That and the Cutler fumble were the two turning points of this game.

Speaking of the Cutler fumble, Kellen Davis needs to block better. He was getting killed all day, and there is really no excuse for it. Olsen was never a great blocking TE, but he would not have let that happen. Basically, this team has to get healthy and address the issues. Even in a 30-13 loss, a lot of the team played great. We just need to fix our blocking and our receiving.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question. I was wondering the same thing. Conte is at best the fifth best safety on this team. He had no business being on the field, and it showed. Even after the blown coverage, both Wright and him had a good opportunity to make the tackle and they couldn't. That and the Cutler fumble were the two turning points of this game.

Speaking of the Cutler fumble, Kellen Davis needs to block better. He was getting killed all day, and there is really no excuse for it. Olsen was never a great blocking TE, but he would not have let that happen. Basically, this team has to get healthy and address the issues. Even in a 30-13 loss, a lot of the team played great. We just need to fix our blocking and our receiving.

You'd think these things would have been address by now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! WTF was that at the end of the game!? Nice phantom holding on the Knox's return. Initially called on Corey Graham (21), then once they realized that there wasn't a Packer within 15 yards of him, they changed it to No. 29............which of course, we do not have a 29 on the roster. That was some serious BS. Same with the no-call on Woodson on the bomb. Our 2 biggest plays of the day, and we get screwed by the refs on both.

Knox needs to learn how to catch with his hands.

O-line looked much better today. WR's still sucked.

One last thing...obviously, not a Packers fan, but there have been certain Packer teams that have been wormier than others. Forrest Gregg's team...buncha dirty cheapshot artists, for one. But this Packer team has an aura of arrogance about them. Particularly their coach. It will bite them one of these times. One of those late-game passing plays that are unnecessary....it'll get em'. Just asking for it.

That is all.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, that return at the end of the game, may have been the single best play I have ever seen in an NFL game.

I'm certain I've never seen 10 players from one team completely fooled.

Dave Toub is a genius. That was brilliant. In fact, it was so brilliant, it confused the refs into throwing a flag. It's like on Semi-Pro when they do the Alley-Oop the first time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Packer to even notice was the punter.

Shoulda counted.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an unbelievable play.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys were robbed on that play. I can't believe they flagged #21 (circled in yellow) for a hold on the Packer player I circled in red... I see where they did it in the video, he got behind him and #21 pulled down his left shoulder pad enough to make him lose balance for a step about 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage... and then he broke free to get exactly where he wanted to go... to sit at the goal line and hopefully field the punt near the 5 yard line. You can even see in this still I took, that the official who threw the flag, didn't even decide to throw it until it became clear that the Packers were confused and Knox was going to have a big return.

PR.png

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the video, and watch WHERE the official throws the flag...he is throwing AT Johnny Knox!? As if to mark where he caught it, or as if he THOUGHT Knox had done something illegal!?

This is where I get the Semi-Pro reference, cuz it is TOTALLY along those lines. The ref threw the flag out of sheer confusion...like a knee-jerk reaction from being dumbfounded.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
threelittlebirds,

I see where yer saying on the video, but that's seems pretty normal for gunners.

I also see what yer saying about the ref waiting to throw it...thats what made it seem like he was throwing it at Knox.

Pretty chicken-shit officiating either way.