• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bd07 -

Hanie definitely should be #2.
[Martz is a moron - wait, that's a good thing for GB!]:boxing:

btw the only page that gets HEAVY use is the Steelers - They're posting psychos! [I mean in a good way, MISK]

I dunno if he's a moron, but he is definitely a prideful, stubborn ass. Dude's got a ring, so what can ya say?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know, is that I have been clamoring for Kahill Bell from the first day I saw him run. He is an explosive, downhill runner, that should have been the No. 2 back from day one. They never shoulda brought Chester in, especially at that price, and I dunno the specifics of the Barber deal, but Bell would do just as well for probably half the price.

I don't know why the coaching staff does not have confidence in him. He catches the ball well out of the backfield? He's a good blocker? And, I have yet to see him put the ball on the ground? I hope he makes the 53-man at least this year.

On defense...if Major Wright stays healthy, I believe he will be our best safety since the early years of Mike Brown. I have yet to see him miss a tackle, moreover, I have yet to see an opposing ballcarrier fall forward against one of his tackles. Let's all hope the kid is getting better conditioning this year and stays on the field.

Once Wooton returns, I think our D-line will be the best its been since the Super Bowl run. Especially the depth. They are as deep as they've ever been. I think Okoye is gonna shine in Navy Blue and Orange.

Keep your eye on Joshua Moore's depth chart ascension this year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the second preseason game was tonight. Though the score wasn't very nice (it is 34-6 Giants as I type), I thought there was a lot to like about this game.

- The offensive line looked really good today. The first string only gave up one sack in the first half after giving up four last week. J'Marcus had his troubles as expected, but the guards looked much better than they did a week ago. Perhaps most encouraging, Gabe Carimi dominated Justin Tuck. He is looking like he could be a Pro Bowler this year, and I think he is already the best guy on our line by a wide margin.

- Cutler looked pretty good today. He hit Hester in stride on a 45 yard throw and had a couple of nice flicks.

- With Briggs out, the other two linebackers looked good once again. The same goes for Tim Jennings at that CB spot

For the bad,

- We really struggled on special teams. The coverage unit, normally a major strength, did not look good at all. We also let a guy go untouched to block a punt. This needs to stop before we become like the Chargers last year.

- The backup D-Line and Linebackers looked horrible and got killed throughout the second half.

- I know we love Caleb Hanie after the NFC Championship, but he did not look very good tonight. I am probably in the minority, but i'm not convinced he is a viable long term option if Cutler goes down.

Still, I feel pretty good after tonight. The score doesn't really matter as much as how the contributors looked, and I thought they looked good.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter the score of the preseason games (like tonight), there's always some good you can take from it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smart and UTV. I agree with you both. Preseason is stupid and zero indication of anything except that real-deal is almost here. The starters held their own, and the O-line looked much better. Carimi did have 2 False starts, one on 3rd and short on the opening drive, but all-in-all, he looks to as good as advertised. Webb played much better, but I'm still not completely convinced with him at LT, or the line in general, the way the starting rotation currently is. If our o-line can just give Cutler a decent pocket for a few seconds, he is the MAN! It's not just our line tho...the combination of that, and our receivers not getting off the block fast enough killed Cutler last year.

That leads me to the Devin Hester, WR experiment. This is his last chance. He better have a breakout year, cuz I'm tired of good receivers getting the roster-bounce because he's a lock at No. 1 (not a fan of politics in sports) Earl Bennett should be on the field on every passing play, and I'm not so sure Knox shouldn't be ahead of Devin as well. Bennett catches EVERYTHING. He is a stud, and needs to be on the field. I am hoping that Roy Williams is just not a fan of preseason, and will turn it up a notch come the regular season. He better play well, or Chicago fans will destroy him. Bear fans can't stand this ass-clown and his stupid "first down" arm-gesture he does, from his days with Detroit. Twice a year, we listened to him talk shit, while his teams went basically winless. I have been curious to see how he'd fit into the Bears locker room, with guys like Urlacher and Pep there to make him tow the line? Hopefully it'll work out, but I'd first start with making sure he actually makes the catch, before he jumps up and does his little "first down routine"....if I were him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...one more thing.

THE BEARS HAVE TO GET BETTER IN THE REDZONE (on offense)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh...right after I was praising Major Wright for being a solid tackler, he gets busted my Brandon Jacobs.

All-in-all, I thought the starting D did alright.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears' brass looking pretty dumb right now in the media.

Win, and no one will care.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bear_down, do you have any idea why they aren't putting Earl Bennett as the #1 WR? It is clear to everyone that he is performing the best right now. It seems like every time he is targeted he makes the tough catch. Am I missing something obvious, or are Lovie, Martz and co. that stubborn?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bear_down, do you have any idea why they aren't putting Earl Bennett as the #1 WR? It is clear to everyone that he is performing the best right now. It seems like every time he is targeted he makes the tough catch. Am I missing something obvious, or are Lovie, Martz and co. that stubborn?

I dunno if its Lovie and Martz, as much as it is Jerry Angelo. Bennett is by far the most reliable receiver we have, but just as it has since converting him (Hester) to WR, the politics of that move have dictated who sees the field. Hester is automatically the No. 1 receiver because of the huge contract he holds. (He is the highest paid WR on the roster) He is certainly not the best receiver on the team though. As stated in a previous post, I'll give him this year, but in my mind, he has to hit at least 60 receptions to warrant him bouncing guys like Bennett and Knox from seeing more reps.

I worry more about the acquisition of Roy Williams, and him being handed the No. 2 position. That's just one more spot taken away from what was, some up and coming receivers (Bennett and Knox particularly).

I think the Bears will focus on running the ball more efficiently this year. Our o-line is ginormous, and they SHOULD be plowing folks. I think they could be a pleasant surprise this year. If they can grind it out on the ground with Forte, Barber...hell even Bell, I think with the D that they have, they will surprise alot of folks. That's the recipe to beating Green Bay. Punish em' with the run. Keep ol' Devil-eyes on the sideline.

All I know, is bring on opening day....I'm ready!

GO BEARS!!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lance Briggs a lot, but this is really frustrating to me. You signed the deal knowing full well that it was front loaded. You took the money when it was higher than higher market, so to demand more when it went below market value is really frustrating to me.

At the same time, I believe that Lance is of the "don't hate the player, hate the game" attitude. He consideres this part of the profession, but I do believe him when he says he will still give 100%. I expect this to boil over, and for Lance to continue to play like his Pro Bowl self. People can say he is a punk, and he might be, but he is always trying to maximize his talent.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lance Briggs a lot, but this is really frustrating to me. You signed the deal knowing full well that it was front loaded. You took the money when it was higher than higher market, so to demand more when it went below market value is really frustrating to me.

At the same time, I believe that Lance is of the "don't hate the player, hate the game" attitude. He consideres this part of the profession, but I do believe him when he says he will still give 100%. I expect this to boil over, and for Lance to continue to play like his Pro Bowl self. People can say he is a punk, and he might be, but he is always trying to maximize his talent.

I hear ya...Briggs is arguably our best player, and I've never seen him doggin' it before and I don't think that will change. I just think the timing sucks, and to request a trade is childish and a distraction to the team. I imagine the Bears would have re-structured and extended him at the end of the season anyway? That, coupled with the fact that he has already accepted 2/3rds of the money from his current contract, having only played for half of its duration?!...that bugs. I get the game/player crap, but I don't have to like it or agree with it. Asking for a raise is one thing...ya gotta do that, or you'll never get one...but stomping your feet and demanding a trade a week before the season kicks off is just asinine.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unbelievably frustrating.

Drew Rosenhaus is a moron. Between him, and Goodell turning the game into soccer, this beloved game is a shell of its former self.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One encouraging thing from the preseason....I have not heard Chris Williams' name called one time. That's not a good thing for a skill-position player, or a defender, but it's music to my ears when its an o-lineman. Especially one who has bordered on being a colossal bust thus far.I think he may have finally settled in at Left Guard. Not the franchise LT we envisioned when they drafted him, but in the starting lineup, and contributing in a positive manner. I think this year's O-line is gonna be the best we've had since 06', possibly even better. They are definitely BIGGER!? If Webb can step it up, and lock down the LT position, this o-line will be like moving a mountain. They are massive, and surprisingly athletic? Gabe Carimi will be a fan favorite, a perennial Pro-Bowler, and a stalwart on our line for YEARS to come. Kid is a stud. Now if Martz can just run the ball and not fall back to his pass-happy ways. (tho, I don't think we brought in Marion Barber to WATCH the games. I have a feeling, our run game could be dominant this year.

Everyone expects the Bears to just fall off the face of the Earth this year.

They aren't going anywhere. It will be a dogfight to the end, and contrary to popular opinion, the Bears will be right in the thick of it.

The season draws near, and I for one, cannot wait.

BEARDOWN!!!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more, Beardown. Chris Williams appears to be ready to make the step to solid NFL starter. With the exception of three false starts, Carimi has been unbelievable. Roberto Garza is more than good enough at Center. If Webb and Louis can be only acceptable, this offensive line will be average. Obviously, average would be a tremendous improvement.

I also agree with you about this team. I would take our defense over anybody's besides Pittsburgh. They are clutch, force turnovers, and have the potential to shut down their opponents. We have the best kicker in the league and the best punt returner in the league. People can pan our offense, but they have shown the ability to put up big points on great teams. They are more than good enough. More than anything, though, I just really like the attitude of this team.

I've said it before that I think the coaching staff (and in particular Lovie and Babich as DCs) are the only reason this team has not been the pre-eminent NFC power over the last few years. With Marinelli as the DC, I am expecting an 11-12 win season. I think we are the best NFC team with the exception of the Packers. I'm looking forward to another great season of proving the nay-sayers wrong.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I really like the signing of Meriweather. He may have issues, but this team needed depth at safety. We got that, and we got it with a player who fits the playmaking mentality of this defense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I really like the signing of Meriweather. He may have issues, but this team needed depth at safety. We got that, and we got it with a player who fits the playmaking mentality of this defense.

Feels like theft...this was a "no lose" situation. Signed a Pro Bowl safety for one year and next to nothing in $....adds depth, maybe even cracks the starting lineup? If he sucks...he's gone next year...no loss. Maybe the best move of this offseason, pound for pound.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our defensive front 4 could be wicked-good this year. Izzy just gets better. His work-ethic is second to none. Pep is Pep. But MELTON is going to have a break-out season, and our depth is as deep as its been in awhile. Toeina is underrated, and Adams is great against the run. Melton will be the key tho...he's gotta step up and be like Tommie Harris in 05'.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT. WAS. AWESOME.

Melton, Pep, Urlacher....dominant.

Woulda only given up 6 points, if Martz wouldn't have gotten cutesy there late in the 3rd.

I will watch every ESPN NFL program this week just so I know what it sounds like when a bunch of crow is eaten.