• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's complete BS, and it is pretty normal for gunners. Holding is when it prevents the guy from getting to where he's trying to go. Calling what I saw in the video is a joke, he slowed the guy down for a step or maybe two and then he was back on his horse and trying to down the punt.

I know what you mean though, he threw the flag near Knox in the style of Father Pat in Semi-Pro, just confused at what happened and deciding that it had to be a penalty because he didn't understand what just happened.

I can only assume that guy had an early flight home, and wasn't interested in allowing the Bears the chance to onside and send the game into OT. That is absolutely chicken-shit officiating.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope Chris Harris can go this week...our safeties have been torched the last two weeks. I like the combination of Harris and Wright. Wright is young, and makes some mental errors now and then, but he has the range and speed needed to play FS IMO.
I like the acquisition of Merriweather, but I think the starting rotation should be Wright and Harris, (Merriweather is more suited for SS)...maybe spell Harris with Merriweather some, till the hammy fully heals, to get him some playing time. Ya hafta wonder if they'll re-sign Harris after the year, considering the aforementioned acquisition?

Front 4 needs to step it up. Melton, Peppers, Izzy need to play better.

Offensively, our line is putrid. The only bright spot is out with a "serious" knee injury. (Thanks Halas Hall, for the full disclosure...pfft!) Webb is horrible. Williams seems to be improving, but nowhere close to living up to his draft spot and contract. Garza is adequate. Omiyale is fucking terrible.

I am a defensive guy by heart, and have let Jerry Angelo slide thus far due to this, but his failures on the offense, outweigh his successes on the D. He finally breaks the bank on a legit QB, and then spends the next 3 years DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to protect him and surround him with legitimate targets!?! We have 7th round talent protecting him, and fast, short-guys, who can't catch at WR. (Hey Knox, it's kinda embarrassing to watch you cradle-catch every ball thrown yer way...you are an NFL receiver, catch the ball with yer fn HANDS!!!)

Ugh...this cold's getting to me.

Must-win game, against a spunky Carolina team. Another game against former players that know our system all too well. Go Bears

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One quarter into this game and it is obvious that we need Chris Harris back. Every big play that Carolina has is a result of Meriweather screwing up. Harris, like Mike Brown in the past, is the guy that makes our secondary work. Without him, we go from one of the best teams in the NFC to being completely average.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Hester, You are ridiculous!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a hold there, but as much as it isn't called against Peppers, I'll take it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 24-20 Bears at the half, and the offense has only scored 10 of those points. Carolina has 299 yards in the half. Most of it has come against the Jennings-Meriweather combo, which for some reason is still covering Steve Smith. Cam Newton is looking like a great pro. I wasn't sold after the first couple games, but i'm convinced now. He is already better than half the starters in the league. The Bears are in major danger of losing this game, and if Chris Harris can't come back, losing any hope for this season. I hope that isn't the case, because a healthy Bears team can compete with anyone.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....I am not ready to hit the panic-button just yet on this Defense. ( I can't believe I'm even typing it?!) Yes, they gave up a ton of yards yesterday, but let's give Carolina a little more credit then the pundits are giving them. Cam Newton is for real, and we are not the first team with a good D he has shredded. (see Green Bay) That said, the front four is a bit of a disappointment. Newton was not so much as brushed up against yesterday...absolutely ZERO pressure. The times they did get to him, they missed him (arm-tackles are not going to bring that boy down, that's for sure)

Steve Smith musta had an evil step-dad that was a Bears fan or something? That boy is straight-up a Bear-killer. When he's 50, he's gonna somehow un-retire and suit up one more time just to drop 200 yards on us. Unreal.

Monday nite scares me. Big game. Shame on Dallas and Tony Romo btw. The art of managing a game has been lost. 24 point lead with 10 to go in the 3rd, and Dallas is chucking it all over the place, snapping the ball with 20 seconds still on the playclock, etc. They deserved to lose, due to their combination of arrogance and ignorance. Had the managed the clock and game better, it probably would've been mathematically impossible for Detroit to come back. It's ok to punt when yer up by 24. Asinine. Detroit earned it, but Dallas gift-wrapped it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a hold there, but as much as it isn't called against Peppers, I'll take it.

No kidding...they showed a slow-mo replay of the Tackle just clotheslining/tackling Peppers, (no flag) but neither announcers even so much as mentioned it. They just spoke of the "pressure" that Pep applied on the play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player should be allowed a little leeway with the celebration rule, when an NFL record is set. The flag on Hester hurt us and IMO was lame. That said, my first thought when he did the 3rd flip was, "don't break your neck, ya dumbass!", so call it a stupidity flag.

Same goes for Marion Barber with his 3/4 flip. Straight off the injury-report, first game out, and doing that? Stupid shit yo.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear killer: In three career games against the Bears, Panthers receiver Steve Smith now has 36 receptions for 568 yards and two touchdowns. The 5-9, 185-pounder caught eight passes for 181 yards Sunday after having two monster outings versus the Bears in 2005, one in the regular season and one in the playoffs.

Those numbers are absurd.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stat is unbelievable....

Hester has scored 15 touchdowns on 303 returns, while the individual whose record he eclipsed, Brian Mitchell, had 13 TDs on 1,070 returns.

Devin Hester...you ARE ridiculous!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P Al Davis...truly a legend and an NFL icon not soon-to-be forgotten.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done.

I hope Frank Omiyale and J'Marcus Webb die of internal bleeding. Funny...other than the center, the Tackles are supposed to be the most important players on the line....Webb and Omiyale are LITERALLY the worst players on our line. Webb is a 7th round pick, who plays like it. Omiyale's only offseason intent, was to make the team and collect a benchers-paycheck. What a waste of a million dollars. This o-line has somehow managed to be WAAAAY worse than last year, which was blatantly the worst in the league. I will state the following with the utmost conviction.....IF ANYBODY STILL THINKS JAY CUTLER IS THE PROBLEM, YOU ARE LEGALLY RETARDED, AND BLIND. This poor kid is unbelievable, considering the fare-free turnstile that is our O-line. His performance tonight was other-worldly. HE IS NOT THE PROBLEM, AND EVERY TWO-BIT, MAINSTREAM MEDIA, CIRCLE-JERK NEEDS TO DETACH FORM HIS BALLSACK....RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!! Our line is the worst in the league, and its a bloody miracle that Cutler's still standing at this point.

The most disappointing thing about this loss (other than it virtually ends our season in October) is that I felt we were controlling things, EVEN when we were down 14-10. The game was playing right into our hands....the 88 yard ran by Habib Best makes me sick to my stomach. The "leading with the helmet" call on Urlacher was total BS, and IMO, possibly the turning point in the game.

The run defense (or lack thereof) kills me.

They played Faith No More multiple times tonight on the broadcast...great band..a fav even.......but I felt somehow, personally mocked...my faith in this team is dwindling fast.

Lastly...for all the clamoring for Chris Harris..(myself included) his play left alot to be desired. He looked awful. Period.

frustrated Bears fan :frusty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more.

I'll give Harris the benefit of the doubt, because he did not look 100% (and by that I don't mean only that he played bad; He looked like a guy with a hamstring injury). Meriwether is a joke. He runs parallel to players and then wonders why he gets beat by both faster players and players that shift. He can't tackle with the rules that limit his aggressive head-first play (the only thing he was good at in the first place). The sad part is that they are both better than Steltz, who is always late coming over. This team needs some good safety depth, and they need it bad.

You pretty much said it about the O-Line. Whenever people talk about Webb, they talk about how he is athleticc and will develop over time. Athletic players don't go in the seventh round, even out of West Texas A&M. He's never going to be good. Omiyale is a below average guard forced into playing tackle. That isn't a good combo. Garza's aging and clearly getting worse. Williams had some rough moments. Basically, this O-Line is a disgrace. I honestly can't blamme Tice, because I feel like our guys are improving. The problem is even fair improvement isn't going to make the worst player in the league a starter.

Urlacher and Tillman looked their ages today. Rough outing for both. Peppers was injured and didn't do much when he came back. The D-Line has been virtually silent after the Atlanta game. Outside of Briggs, this defense looks to be going downhill fast.

This was a really tough game, but even considering that, we should have won. If they stop one of the two long TDs and/or make the 4th down conversion (or kick the FG instead) we probably win. We are 2-3, but our losses are to teams ranked #1, #2, and #4 in most power rankings. None of the games were that hopeless, either. This team is still capable of making the playoffs, but there needs to be more urgency. After the Vikings, we have four tough games coming up, but those are followed by four easy ones. If we can regain our cool and go 3-2 over the next five (a fairly modest goal), there is no reason we can't be 9-5 heading into the games at Green Bay and Minnesota to close out the year. Not all hope is lost, but this team better wake-up fast.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done.

I hope Frank Omiyale and J'Marcus Webb die of internal bleeding. Funny...other than the center, the Tackles are supposed to be the most important players on the line....Webb and Omiyale are LITERALLY the worst players on our line. Webb is a 7th round pick, who plays like it. Omiyale's only offseason intent, was to make the team and collect a benchers-paycheck. What a waste of a million dollars. This o-line has somehow managed to be WAAAAY worse than last year, which was blatantly the worst in the league. I will state the following with the utmost conviction.....IF ANYBODY STILL THINKS JAY CUTLER IS THE PROBLEM, YOU ARE LEGALLY RETARDED, AND BLIND. This poor kid is unbelievable, considering the fare-free turnstile that is our O-line. His performance tonight was other-worldly. HE IS NOT THE PROBLEM, AND EVERY TWO-BIT, MAINSTREAM MEDIA, CIRCLE-JERK NEEDS TO DETACH FORM HIS BALLSACK....RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!! Our line is the worst in the league, and its a bloody miracle that Cutler's still standing at this point.

The most disappointing thing about this loss (other than it virtually ends our season in October) is that I felt we were controlling things, EVEN when we were down 14-10. The game was playing right into our hands....the 88 yard ran by Habib Best makes me sick to my stomach. The "leading with the helmet" call on Urlacher was total BS, and IMO, possibly the turning point in the game.

The run defense (or lack thereof) kills me.

They played Faith No More multiple times tonight on the broadcast...great band..a fav even.......but I felt somehow, personally mocked...my faith in this team is dwindling fast.

Lastly...for all the clamoring for Chris Harris..(myself included) his play left alot to be desired. He looked awful. Period.

frustrated Bears fan :frusty:

Couldn't agree more about the Cutler comment. All I've ever heard coming out of Chicago is how he sucks. The guy was fucking fantastic for your team tonight. He had no protection, he was running for his life every play and taking a hit on every other play...completing passes, and avoiding sacks. He was really pissing me off lol. Without him, this game would have been a blowout.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! What a difference a week makes. It's hard to believe they can look so dysfunctional one week, and pretty solid the next. Lovie musta put some serious smack down this week. Give credit where credit is due, Conte and Wright played alright...not sure I'm convinced they can have the same success against a better team, but baby-steps. This is unreal, but it looks as though there a very real possibility that the team may trade Chris Harris?! This is shocking.

Glad to see they benched Omiyale. The combo of Spencer and Louis was muuuuch better on the right side of the line. I will say this tho...for all the flack the o-line has taken, they seem fine in the running game? Forte is having a career year. Dude's a beast, and is a top 5 back in this league IMO. Bears' management is showing their stupidity. They will pay much more for him now then they would've at the beginning of the season. Knowing their tight asses, they'll probably trade him:(

Lastly, the Defense looked better all around. And how about the Rookie Stephen Paea? Get this kid on the field. He made his impact immediately, and seemed to be a force up the middle all game. By far the most pressure we've applied since week 1. Peppers is a mutant btw.

Big game overseas next week. I can't say this with more conviction, but seriously fuck the London games. It totally screws the home team, and frankly, the Brits can choke on a crisp and some warm soda for all I care. Important game nonetheless. 4-3 heading into the bye, and they're sitting exactly where they were last year at this time. (Of course GB and Detroit weren't 3 games ahead, but I digress) gotta beat the Bucs, who should be without the services of Blount...tho Graham certainly seemed plenty serviceable yesterday.

Well...I needed a convincing win yesterday, and got it. My head/heart/and vocal chords needed it.

The Bears have ended the last 2 Viking QB's. You're welcome Vikes fans;-)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Bennett was full-participation at practice today.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Bears won this week and looked every bit of a Super Bowl contender for three quarters. We had a ton of pressure from the D-Line, great linebacker play, and an opportunistic secondary. The offensive line looked as good as they had all year, and Forte looked like a total beast. Then, the wheels fell off towards the end. The secondary was struggling because Freeman had all day to throw. The result was that we had to sweat out a game that should have been a blowout. Luckily, Moore made the play and we are now 4-3.

Going into the bye week, this team is very much alive. We are tied for the last playoff spot right now, and Detroit (the team in the first Wild Card) may very well be approaching free fall mode. With the easy part of the schedule coming up, this team is in a great position. If we can get wins over Detroit and Philly, this team would be a heavy favorite to be the #5 seed. Unfortunately, it looks like that is the best we can hope for, due to the way Green Bay has looked.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game never should have been that close. With 11 minutes to play and the offense getting the ball with a 20-5 lead, why are we throwing on 1st and 2nd down to start that series?? This was almost Dallas-like from a few weeks ago against Detroit. Hell, if they ran 3 times for no gain and punted, they would've have been better off...takes a few minutes off the clock....Tampa wouldn't have had the time to even come close to making it a game, down 2 scores. If nothing else, at least ya make em' earn it!? Make em' go 70 to 80 yards, instead of handing them the ball at our 30. Bad coaching there IMO.

I thought the turning point of the game was the Briggs interception tho, and the TOTALLY BOGUS Illegal Block. That was a TERRIBLE call. Jennings hits him right as Briggs intercepts it. It was merely a DB finishing the play. Making the hit that he's supposed to make. Huge loss of momentum there, on a putrid call. What makes it even worse, is that the ref waited until he had sprung it, to throw the flag. Weak.

I wonder what ridiculous story will be this week's highlight? After listening to a week's worth of "pundits" discuss Cutler cursing during a game, I imagine it could be almost anything?? What a joke. Adam Schefter went so far as to call him "insubordinate" and "disrespectful", and that the team should fine him. LMFAO stfu dude...maybe they should break for tea at halftime too....my God man...what has become of this game? This country, for that matter??

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! WTF, the Bears released Chris Harris?!!?

With the depth as thin as it is at the position, God only knows how they make that move??? Unbelievable.