• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago bears official page

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp reports say Wooton destroyed Carimi repeatedly during 7 on 7's.

Kid is a rookie tho, and I actually think Wooton looks like a young Peppers.

Bears are frustrating tho...I think I read in the Sun times or one of those...guy wrote, referring to Cutler and the o-line.... "million dollar investment, ten dollar security" for said investment....that says it all, and its totally true. Problem is, when they ante up for o-linemen, they always seem to end up, busts. (see Chris Williams)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost...if that was you, thank you, thank you, thank you....looks awesome!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Nice job UT,
The Bears are somebody now.. ;-)
Where the hell has Briggs been ?
He was stoping in every now and again for a while.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job UT,
The Bears are somebody now.. ;-)
Where the hell has Briggs been ?
He was stoping in every now and again for a while.

That damn FOX just pulls ya back in....must be the perceived notoriety??

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching now, but missed the start. Sounds like the o-line was a bit shaky at first, but looked ok going into half. Hopefully it was just shakin the rust off.

Hanie's a gamer.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The starting offensive line wasn't that bad. They gave up three sacks to Merriman in a row, which was a horrible sequence, but two of those happened because Hanie held the ball too long. The third was Webb's fault, and he was the only offensive lineman who looked out of sorts. I really think the Bears should move Carimi over to LT. I've seen what he can do as a Badgers fan. He dominated three first round picks last year, and he looked good tonight. He may not be that athletic, but he'll protect the blind side better than Webb.

The biggest plus tonight was Major Wright. He was a huge question mark coming in, and he played awesome at free safety. At that third LB slot, both Iwuh and Roach looked good. I was really relieved that we looked solid at those two slots.

The bad news today was that Corey "Brett Favre Killer" Wootton, who was really starting to develop, got hurt. Let's hope that it isn't bad. Also, the second string o-line looked terrible, leading to nine total sacks today.

Still, this defense looked really good today. If our offense can play C+ football, which all signs seem to be pointing to, there is no reason we can't be 11-5 or better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen No. 91 move that fast since 05'.

I think Amobi Okoye may be our best pickup of the offseason. He looked remarkably quick, and he is but a young pup...whole career's ahead of him.

I think the D-line is looking great. If Okoye can play like that week in and week out, with Pep and Izzy bookending him, and Melton continues to improve?....they will be tough.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart,

I have never questioned Major Wright's ability...he's been the most talented safety an the roster since he arrived. It's his sustainability that I've questioned...can he stay healthy. If he does, he has pro-bowl talent.

I think the No.2 cornerback spot, will be an interesting competition this year. Tillman's a lock at No. 1, but between Jennings, Bowman and little-known Joshua Moore, (who I wouldn't count out) it's wide open.

Bowman may have got a bit concussed last nite, but he still has all the tools to be an elite corner....I just don't know if he'll ever take that step. His sustainability is in question too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I guess I'd have to agree about Carimi moving to LT....Webb is a Tice-favorite. He is a big bastard, and is supposedly the best athlete on the line, but athleticism comes second on the line...intelligence comes first IMO.

Webb, too often looks lost.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess I'll talk to myself.....

I would like to state, that, I for one, do not like Mike Martz. I think he is terribly overrated, and is a stubborn ass. For the life of me, I cannot figure what he has against Caleb Hanie?? First, the bullshit last year, with fn Todd Collins, now he's publicly criticizing Hanie's play in the fucking PRESEASON opener, and giving Enderle 2nd team reps this week in practice!? Are you TRYING to piss him off?

After his performance in the NFC Championship game, he should be the unquestioned No. 2....but this much I guarantee...if Cutler were to go down for an extended period of time, I guarantee the Bears would rush out and sign a veteran. Total garbage, if you ask me. Caleb's a gamer, and could be a starter for at least a dozen teams.

P.S. Show Forte the money already, ya cheap bastards.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bd07 -

Hanie definitely should be #2.
[Martz is a moron - wait, that's a good thing for GB!]:boxing:

btw the only page that gets HEAVY use is the Steelers - They're posting psychos! [I mean in a good way, MISK]