• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point made has been countered with physics that cannot be debated and the fact the QB lowered himself and was as responsible.
How can you say points I made were countered by physics while you are saying you didn't read past an emoticon? :L

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are simply too stupid to realize my team plays the winner for the championship.
Good luck.

I'll be cheering for your team. Not because of what happened yesterday, but because hard not to cheer on Burrow.

Can't say he got a raw deal here, as Haskins was damn good last season. Good for the transfer portal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wasn't one of them. You and ATF were going at it with the duck fan last night and I was not on his side of that. Now today you 'launch' into me as if I was part of that. I wasn't.

The rule is bad. The QB was moving his head before impact. The defender had his head down at that point and wouldn't have been able to see that movement. The contact was incidental in that aspect. As in, no one thinks he was trying to be dirty and actually targeting him. The only point I made was even with all of that true, it's going to be called targeting most of the time. Yes, only when it's a QB or defenseless RB/WR.

I also said it was bullshit Lawrence was right back in after only sitting out one play. If it was really targeting and helmet to helmet he should have gone through the protocol and should have been out until he passed it. You can't complete that in one play.
I accuse of others of not owning their gaffes so I'll own mine. No deflection. No ignoring your comments.

My apologies.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if we can reel @dtgold88 back in:
Both of those calls are based on rules I don't care for and really haven't read anyone that is in favor of both as fully written/implemented. We used to know what a catch was before the current rules and targeting gets too many players thrown out that weren't actually intentionally targeting a head/neck area.

Good so far?

As I said last night, I thought at the time that 'catch' was really a catch and the fumble/TD should have stood. I was surprised it was reversed and still don't believe it should have been. Again though, the language and complexity of the catch rule leaves these bad rulings far too often as results.

And left it at OSU has a lot to look at for that loss that has nothing to do with either of those ref involved plays. On both sides of the ball.

The refs are a storyline way too often in modern football at both college and pro levels. It isn't going away. You still have to play through injuries and bad calls and win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suckeye fans are the ones keeping this going. The sooner they admit they lost due to their own mistakes, and not due to the refs, the sooner this thread dies.
Pretty much every OSU fan here has said despite the ref mistakes OSU had a chance to win the game.

If you have trouble with comprehension just ask.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accuse of others of not owning their gaffes so I'll own mine. No deflection. No ignoring your comments.

My apologies.
lol, all good. I figured as soon as you went at me that you had me confused with the duck. I mean if you are going to confuse me with anyone, don't make it a lowly duck.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could anyone argue it? We all know 2 feet down is a completion. He would have gotten 2-3 down.
I GUARANTEE that if this play happened in the end zone as the clock fell to triple zeroes, NO ONE would accept it as a TD to lose the game. NO ONE.

On top of that, how it was called by the replay officials is exactly how it’s being called for the last decade or so.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day: Replay calls against OSU 'hard to swallow'
Day spoke about those calls in the wake of the loss. At least as much as he can without getting in trouble. Olave admitted it was his fault on the last play. He was supposed to break a post and thought the play turned to a scramble and broke away.

No matter what you think about those calls there isn't anyone that wouldn't find swallowing that loss very difficult if it was their team with all that was on the line.

The program is in solid shape and every reason to believe OSU bounces back and is again a solid team next year with lofty goals.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak still has more playoff wins than Wentz and has never missed a game. Soon he’ll have more money

boom, suck it buckeyes

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has potential to reach Wisconsin/Arizona State levels from back in the day. :yes: