• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY6 Bowl Projections: Post Week 2

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened this week?
Oregon's big win over Ohio State vaults them into the playoff conversation, and probably means they can survive a close loss.
Ohio State's loss knocks them out of the CFP conversation for now, but they could still run the table and get some help along the way. Iowa is now projected as the BigTen champ.
Notre Dame looked bad for the second week in a row. I added another loss for them, but even 10-2 may be generous considering how awful they've looked.
Texas A&M survived vs. Colorado, and has a very manageable schedule to stay highly ranked by season's end.
Texas' loss opens the door for another BigXII team to make the Sugar Bowl (BigXII autobid). After Oklahoma, it's tough to predict who will emerge from the wreckage as the #2.

Cotton Bowl - (1) Alabama (13-0) vs. (4) Clemson (12-1)
Orange Bowl - (2) Oklahoma (12-1) vs. (3) Oregon (12-1)

Fiesta Bowl - Cincinatti (13-0) vs. Ohio State (11-2)
Peach Bowl - Notre Dame (10-2) vs. Florida (10-2)
Sugar Bowl - Texas A&M (10-2) vs. Kansas State (10-2)
Rose Bowl - Iowa (12-1) vs. UCLA (11-2)

A few reminders:
Rose Bowl: Big Ten vs. Pac-12
Sugar Bowl: SEC vs. Big 12

The G5 spot is rotated between the Cotton, Peach, and Fiesta Bowls. Since the Cotton is a semifinal game, and the Peach hosted the G5 team last year, it is logical that it will be the Fiesta hosting the G5 team this season.

As always, feel free to post your own NY6 projections below.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon needs to go on the road and beat Stanford, UCLA and Utah, first, before they can write themselves into the end of season relevant bowl games.

#1, assuming Clemson won't lose again is hilarious.
#2, assuming Bama won't lose against is interesting.
#3, assuming Oklahoma will only lose 1 game is intersting,
#4, assuming your Webfoots will only lost 1 game and that one loss won't hurt them is interesting, lol

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon needs to go on the road and beat Stanford, UCLA and Utah, first, before they can write themselves into the end of season relevant bowl games.

#1, assuming Clemson won't lose again is hilarious.
#2, assuming Bama won't lose against is interesting.
#3, assuming Oklahoma will only lose 1 game is intersting,
#4, assuming your Webfoots will only lost 1 game and that one loss won't hurt them is interesting, lol

#1 Who's the toughest team left on their schedule?
#2 It's possible they lose, but they appear to be on a different level.
#3 It's possible they lose multiple games, but it's not like there's a bunch of worldbeaters on their schedule
#4 Outside of UCLA, there aren't a bunch of scary looking teams in the PAC-12. One loss would be devastating if there are a bunch of undefeated teams. Oregon has the best win of the CFB season, so they will get the benefit of the doubt when comparing 1-loss teams with similar resumes.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Who's the toughest team left on their schedule?
#2 It's possible they lose, but they appear to be on a different level.
#3 It's possible they lose multiple games, but it's not like there's a bunch of worldbeaters on their schedule
#4 Outside of UCLA, there aren't a bunch of scary looking teams in the PAC-12. One loss would be devastating if there are a bunch of undefeated teams. Oregon has the best win of the CFB season, so they will get the benefit of the doubt when comparing 1-loss teams with similar resumes.

Hey, I'm kind of cheering for your webfoots. #1, if you keep Ohio St from getting in, I like that, lol.
If you keep out an SEC team, that is AWESOME!!!

If I had to choose between UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal or Wassau, I'd pick Oregon everyday, lol.

I kind of like UW, but not sure why? Hated UW fans when I lived out in Seattle. I might be a closet Oregon fan? lol Need time to figure it out.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm kind of cheering for your webfoots. #1, if you keep Ohio St from getting in, I like that, lol.
If you keep out an SEC team, that is AWESOME!!!

If I had to choose between UCLA, USC, Stanford, Cal or Wassau, I'd pick Oregon everyday, lol.

I kind of like UW, but not sure why? Hated UW fans when I lived out in Seattle. I might be a closet Oregon fan? lol Need time to figure it out.

You can critique Oregon and that's fine. But you need to be able to back up your assertions.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pointed out to me that I forgot Georgia:

Cotton Bowl - (1) Alabama (13-0) vs. (4) Georgia (12-1)
Orange Bowl - (2) Oklahoma (12-1) vs. (3) Oregon (12-1)

Fiesta Bowl - Cincinatti (13-0) vs. Ohio State (11-2)
Peach Bowl - Clemson (12-1) vs. Florida (10-2)
Sugar Bowl - Texas A&M (10-2) vs. Kansas State (10-2)
Rose Bowl - Iowa (12-1) vs. UCLA (11-2)

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotton Bowl - (1) Alabama (13-0) vs. (4) Georgia (12-1)
Orange Bowl - (2) Oklahoma (12-1) vs. (3) Cincinnati (13-0)

The rest TBD.