• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just going to ignore what both of us just posted as the rules and try and say it wasn't a fumble despite the rules saying it was?

Let me ask you this: If the Clemson player was in the end zone and possessed the ball without bobbling it, and took three steps before going out of bounds, is it not a TD? Of course it is.

Stop being an idiot.

I posted the current rules. It was not a catch by the letter of the law, as replay confirmed.

In your theoretical example, does the Clemson player lose the ball before completing the process of the catch?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have updated language that disproves his language?

be a better troll.

I quoted the exact section and article from the updated rulebook. You're free to verify it yourself...although that would mean admitting you are wrong, so I suppose you'll continue to deflect and blame the refs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, someone affiliated with Ohio State is upset about officiating in a game they lost?! I'm shocked!
He grew up in and went to Colorado for college football. He has literally 0 ties to OSU whatsoever. How can you be this ignorant?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the current rules. It was not a catch by the letter of the law, as replay confirmed.

In your theoretical example, does the Clemson player lose the ball before completing the process of the catch?
If the Clemson player was in the end zone and possessed the ball without bobbling it, and took three steps before going out of bounds, is it not a TD? Simple question. As it was, where he never bobbled it, held it firm in both hands and took 3-4 steps, is it not a TD?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if the refs didn't do their job.
If the Clemson player was in the end zone and possessed the ball without bobbling it, and took three steps before going out of bounds, is it not a TD? Simple question. As it was, where he never bobbled it, held it firm in both hands and took 3-4 steps, is it not a TD?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson grit caused an OSU WR to run the wrong route?
The last play was an example of how OSU still had a chance to win so they can't really blame the refs or unlucky breaks.

The 'grit' was Clemson overcoming a flurry in the first quarter and frustrating issues of their own to keep it close and come back and march down to take the lead late.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he never loses possession after 3 steps, then its a TD. If he loses possession, then he failed to complete the catch.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, why would I sue you, just because you make mistakes on your comments, like the rest of us?

lol, i didn't make a mistake. i'm saying for you to "sue me" if you have such a problem with my comment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last play was an example of how OSU still had a chance to win so they can't really blame the refs or unlucky breaks.

The 'grit' was Clemson overcoming a flurry in the first quarter and frustrating issues of their own to keep it close and come back and march down to take the lead late.
On that I cannot really disagree. OSU definitely had chances to win, but to argue they clearly got both calls right is absurd.

No different than my thoughts on Saints.....clearly they missed that call, nut NO still could have won.