• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFB, Amateur sport?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the petroleum companies formed the National Petroleum Association of America (NPAA), and that association dictated that all new petroleum engineers had to work for 30k and room and board for a couple of years while the industry raked in billions, you and the federal government would be dropping the metaphorical hammer on such an unamerican, unfair, illegal, laughable monopoly.
For some reason, because it's the status quo, you dunces support the N(C)AA and support not letting the principals negotiate for compensation.

Apparently someone is unfamiliar with the apprenticeship program that comes with most professional degrees...engineers, doctors, lawyers, accountants....You don't just get a degree and say hey, I'm an engineer! There is state licensing, professional exams, work experience and a whole host of other things that go into it. So, I guess all of those jobs are unfair, illegal, un-American and laughable.

Oh...and I do want fries with that...

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently someone is unfamiliar with the apprenticeship program that comes with most professional degrees...engineers, doctors, lawyers, accountants....You don't just get a degree and say hey, I'm an engineer! There is state licensing, professional exams, work experience and a whole host of other things that go into it. So, I guess all of those jobs are unfair, illegal, un-American and laughable.

Oh...and I do want fries with that...
Cfb players are not apprentices. They are the actual principals doing the thing.
We already went over this and it’s obvious.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cfb players are not apprentices. They are the actual principals doing the thing.

I hate to break the news to you, but I think they are way more of an apprentice than any Engineer grad I know. Engineer apprentices do engineering work every day. If only a very small percentage are ever going to ply the trade professionally, you are not even an apprentice.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break the news to you, but I think they are way more of an apprentice than any Engineer grad I know. Engineer apprentices do engineering work every day. If only a very small percentage are ever going to ply the trade professionally, you are not even an apprentice.
THEY ARE playing in a professional trade. There is nothing amateur about it except you idiots insisting on using that word to describe them. You can’t be this dumb.

“It’s a multi multi billion dollar industry where many are making millions.”
YOU: “ but but but they iz ‘amuhtoorz’!”

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and they agreed to a large compensation package. They are free to leave without notice at any time they think they got a better opportunity.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and they agreed to a large compensation package. They are free to leave without notice at any time they think they got a better opportunity.
”they can leave” is not an argument in favor of an industrial monopoly. in what world do you even write that sentiment down??

“Hey petrol engineers, we’re going to give you 30k and an apartment stipend to work for us. All the petrol companies got together and decided. If you don’t like it, you can just leave and go do a different career.”
YOU: “yup. Sounds legit.”

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And an engineering apprenticeship is still a paid gig and some are worth more than others.

”they can leave” is not an argument in favor of an industrial monopoly. min what world do you even write that sentiment down??[/QUOTE]
A world with both rules and freedom.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freedom to sell your labor and skill and talent and rules for a free market (not a monopoly) is what MY side is arguing for. You’re arguing for a monopoly and indentured servitude.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freedom to sell your labor and skill and talent is what MY side is arguing for. You’re arguing for a monopoly and indentured servitude.
No, you are so far off base here. I agreed to a specific employment package when I accepted my last job. Do you really think my employer should be bound to continue my employment if I open a side business that both competes with them AND distracts from my original commitment of time and effort?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are so far off base here. I agreed to a specific employment package when I accepted my last job. Do you really think my employer should be bound to continue my employment if I open a side business that both competes with them AND distracts from my original commitment of time and effort?
Yes if they have a quasi monopoly. They don’t get to own you outright. it’s why nfl-ers can meet with other teams. It’s why mlb-ers can enter arbitration. Etc etc.
IF there’s going to be a quasi monopoly, then the principals HAVE TO be able to negotiate for compensation.
What pro-monopoly sentiment are you arguing for?
The best thing to have is a completely free market. Where that can’t happen, we ensure that principals have as many free market rights as possible... not as few... and especially not none.
This is simple stuff.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes if they have a quasi monopoly. They don’t get to own you outright. it’s why nfl-ers can meet with other teams. It’s why mlb-ers can enter arbitration. Etc etc.
IF there’s going to be a quasi monopoly, then the principals HAVE TO be able to negotiate for compensation.
What pro-monopoly sentiment are you arguing for?
The best thing to have is a completely free market. Where that can’t happen, we ensure that principals have as many free market rights as possible... not as few... and especially not none.
This is simple stuff.
So no rules or laws can apply to anything? Fuck OSHA and pedophiles have rights to pursue happiness too?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no rules or laws can apply to anything? Fuck OSHA and pedophiles have rights to pursue happiness too?
Wow. This is the intellect people around you have to deal with?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey retard, you are lost, this isnt the PF get the fuck out of here lil ****.
--------
Translate your statement into English.....wait never mind I shouldn't bother braindead posters like you because you don't deserve any response. My bad.