• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it seems like the Celtics have been knocking on the door for a long time now... (the C's have made appearances in 3 out of the last 4 ECF's)... and, usually, teams only get a window that lasts so long before they miss their chance and have to change directions...

But not these young Celtics... out of the 15 players currently on our roster, 8 guys are 24 years old or less... and, of course, the main guys on our team... (Tatum and Brown)... are 22 and 24 respectively.

This team is built for the long haul... and we're kinda blessed to have this prolonged period of high competitiveness, a period that's hopefully only just beginning.

All that said... damn, y'all... we're young for a top competitor. There are gonna be times this year where we're gonna have to lean on our young depth... and they're probably gonna be times this year that we take some lumps because of our young depth. The regular season may very well be a roller coaster.

Here are my annual strengths and weaknesses for the Boston Celtics:

Strengths
  • Multiple go-to scoring options
  • Defensive versatility
  • the Starting 5
Weaknesses
  • Inexperience (especially in terms of depth)
  • Outside shooting
  • Bench scoring
For a team at the top like us, all that matters is the post-season. We gotta get our young bench trained up in a hurry... turn them into either positive members of the rotation or positive trade assets that Ainge can couple with the trade exception(s) and work magic with. This much we know for sure, the kids are gonna get opportunities what with Kemba, Romeo Langford and now even Tristan Thompson being injured. It'll be both frightening and fun to see what we got.

Last thing: no need to be restless or frustrated... even though we keep getting close and coming up short. We're in for the long haul... let's enjoy the ride. ;)

Let's have another great season, gentlemen. :usa2:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope that eventhough the Cs are so young they have learned from their play off experiences and don't sg#t there pants again during this years play offs

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m already frustrated.

they need to run some of that youth into a vet or two. Even if it hurts them later.

you can’t afford everyone anyway

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m already frustrated.

they need to run some of that youth into a vet or two. Even if it hurts them later.

They are missing that true playoff vet with experience

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m already frustrated.

1607540901579.png

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how many times have brown and Tatum played in the playoffs?

Walker now has gone 2 or 3 times.

Thompson has played there quite a bit.

it’s the bench where they are light on that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about Tristan Thompson? 78 games and 65 starts. Just kidding. But I think he's a good addition. He can defend and rebound.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how many times have brown and Tatum played in the playoffs?

Walker now has gone 2 or 3 times.

Thompson has played there quite a bit.

it’s the bench where they are light on that.

Sorry. Did not say bench... Thank you for correcting me. Posting and working not a good combo

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Did not say bench... Thank you for correcting me. Posting and working not a good combo

All good bro. Wasn’t calling you out. Just was curious what you mean. Like yes they don’t have a guy who has played in the playoffs for 10 years, but plenty woth 3-5 years of playoff experience. I figured that was enough

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good bro. Wasn’t calling you out. Just was curious what you mean. Like yes they don’t have a guy who has played in the playoffs for 10 years, but plenty woth 3-5 years of playoff experience. I figured that was enough

Didn't think you were. The Celtics now have a team with play off experience eventhough they are still very very young. Initially since they were do young it screwed thrn in the playoffs. Now it shouldn't but not having a play off experienced bench or at least 1 it still will harm them

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These yutes have a boatload of playoff experience now. The lesson better be to spread the rock all game and not ISO the last 5 min

you hear me Jayson ?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These yutes have a boatload of playoff experience now. The lesson better be to spread the rock all game and not ISO the last 5 min

you hear me Jayson ?
Yup. This cost them the Miami series

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you hear me Jayson ?
Jayson has been making strides... but you're absolutely right... there is still too much fanciness in his game... too often, he gets cute and wants to make 5 fancy dribbles that aren't productive... or he predetermines to set up for some low % turn-around shot...

... JT just needs to be more concise. No wasted movements.

I'd love it if Tatum watched a ton of film on Kawhi Leonard and modelled his game more like that going forward. One thing I'm always impressed with when I watch Kawhi is his economy of movement. Leonard just gets to his spots and does damage... no fuss.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson has been making strides... but you're absolutely right... there is still too much fanciness in his game... too often, he gets cute and wants to make 5 fancy dribbles that aren't productive... or he predetermines to set up for some low % turn-around shot...

I'd love it if Tatum watched a ton of film on Kawhi Leonard and modelled his game more like that going forward. One thing I'm always impressed with when I watch Kawhi is his economy of movement. Leonard just gets to his spots and does damage... no fuss.

yes. I recall noticing that when he played UConn. So effective.

then again, so did Derrick Williams...

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s a spot on assessment

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Celtics need to get back to that boring ass style of basketball that they are known for. lol
We never wanted a title by borrowing LBJ