• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco and the 7 Dwarves

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is retiring after this season so he and Jason can go into the HOF together. He already mentioned something about retirement earlier this season.
I think he has a decision to make. I personally think their podcast benefits tremendously from having at least one of them still playing in the NFL. Travis is also a competitive person and I dont think he walks away from the sport on top. I think we walks away when the door shuts. Mahomes and Reid wont want him to leave. That said, there is a zero percent chance he stays with Taylor Swift and plays for multiple years. Maybe he works around that for another season max.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say the field for now because a lot of shit could happen. But San Fran really has looked like the best team in football most of the year. As for the Ravens, I don't put a lot of stock in past failures because this team is a lot more complete than those ones were and Lamar is a better actual QB than he was in 2019. But we will see. I'm not selling any team short right now, despite some having very visible flaws and weaknesses. And Purdy still has to do it. Not saying he won't here or that he will either but we have to see it.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wondering who the Lions will play in the superbowl.

Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
effort is everything.

lol

Also true.

OTOH, when your team sucks for the better part of two decades, you dont really have a skin in the game (pun intended).

This allows you to share your opinions without agenda - or at least without much of one in any case…

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As far as the Christmas night game between the Ravens and 9ers I'll attempt to give as unbiased of a perspective from a 9ers fan as I can.

I don't think the 9ers defense played bad against the Ravens as pretty much every Ravens TD came from a short field and when they were forced to drive it the length of the field the 9ers Defense generally fared fairly well.

The 4 INTs are the focal point of Purdy's performance and deservedly so but it's not like they weren't able to move the ball in the first half and drives were just killed by the 3 INTs. When it comes to the INTs I thought the 1st one was his only legit bad play on his part and the other 3 were just a mixture of Raven's defenders making plays mixed in with bad luck. Like hitting the QB as he's throwing is making a play but where that ball ends up landing is just luck.

Even though Patrick Queen will tell you that the 9ers offense has tells and Purdy is a spot thrower it's not the reason the Ravens' defense gives the 9ers offense trouble. It's not like the Ravens have the only defense that can identify the weaknesses in the 9ers offense and really any offense and most pass plays are throws thrown to spots as that's why every offense works on timing because every QB wants to hit their receiver on time at a certain spot.

Where the Ravens' defense gives the 9ers' offense trouble is they are talented at Safety and Linebacker which are two areas where Shanahan likes to exploit mismatches. The reason why this is an issue isn't a QB issue but an offensive line issue because it means the QB needs to hold on to the ball longer to allow guys to work themselves open and the offensive line can't hold up long enough to give the QB time to let guys get open. It's not the only reason but it's one of the biggest reason why they struggle to come back in the 4th quarter because they just struggle to hold up when it's obvious you need chunk passing plays.

That's why in the event of a Ravens-49ers rematch in the Super Bowl I'd still give the edge to the Ravens though I do think it'd be closer and if the 9ers do win the game I would say it's because they lost to the Ravens on Christmas and were able to gain valuable experience from it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kelce seems to have lost it.

Or Swift has his soul in a pendant in her chamber.

Somebody else today called her a succubus.

There is a South Park reference for just about everything.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff. The Eagles lost last night and that has a ton of value in this analysis. If we want to get down to the real, I like the Niners over the Ravens because I’ve seen Purdy and the Niners have playoff success. All I’ve seen from the Lamar Ravens in the playoffs is failure. I guess we will see. It’s completely logical to just anoint a team whose playoff history with their QB is 1-3 with most of those losses coming to lesser regular season teams. I can’t believe that I wouldn’t do such a thing. It must have something to do with the Eagles/Tampa game last night.
Just out of curiosity….if you’re really convinced the Niners will win the SB, then why did you pick the Ravens in the pool thread?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Christmas night game between the Ravens and 9ers I'll attempt to give as unbiased of a perspective from a 9ers fan as I can.

I don't think the 9ers defense played bad against the Ravens as pretty much every Ravens TD came from a short field and when they were forced to drive it the length of the field the 9ers Defense generally fared fairly well.

The 4 INTs are the focal point of Purdy's performance and deservedly so but it's not like they weren't able to move the ball in the first half and drives were just killed by the 3 INTs. When it comes to the INTs I thought the 1st one was his only legit bad play on his part and the other 3 were just a mixture of Raven's defenders making plays mixed in with bad luck. Like hitting the QB as he's throwing is making a play but where that ball ends up landing is just luck.

Even though Patrick Queen will tell you that the 9ers offense has tells and Purdy is a spot thrower it's not the reason the Ravens' defense gives the 9ers offense trouble. It's not like the Ravens have the only defense that can identify the weaknesses in the 9ers offense and really any offense and most pass plays are throws thrown to spots as that's why every offense works on timing because every QB wants to hit their receiver on time at a certain spot.

Where the Ravens' defense gives the 9ers' offense trouble is they are talented at Safety and Linebacker which are two areas where Shanahan likes to exploit mismatches. The reason why this is an issue isn't a QB issue but an offensive line issue because it means the QB needs to hold on to the ball longer to allow guys to work themselves open and the offensive line can't hold up long enough to give the QB time to let guys get open. It's not the only reason but it's one of the biggest reason why they struggle to come back in the 4th quarter because they just struggle to hold up when it's obvious you need chunk passing plays.

That's why in the event of a Ravens-49ers rematch in the Super Bowl I'd still give the edge to the Ravens though I do think it'd be closer and if the 9ers do win the game I would say it's because they lost to the Ravens on Christmas and were able to gain valuable experience from it.
From someone who doesn't like the Ravens or the Niners, I watched that game, and the Ravens clobbered the Niners all over the field. It's easy to dump the claim on Purdy, but that was an all levels add kicking. Not a good match up for the Niners. The Niners best hope is that one of the other 3 AFC teams can knock off the Ravens...though the Niners have 2 tough games waiting for them as well

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity….if you’re really convinced the Niners will win the SB, then why did you pick the Ravens in the pool thread?
The assumption everyone else would pick SF

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens destroyed SF when they played on Christmas. I don’t know how you think they aren’t above them.
Meh! What exactly did the Ninets have to play for?
Hadn't they already wrap up the #1 seed on the NFC?
It didn't seem the 49ers care much about playing the AFC north this past season.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh! What exactly did the Ninets have to play for?
Hadn't they already wrap up the #1 seed on the NFC?
It didn't seem the 49ers care much about playing the AFC north this past season.
They clinched the #1 seed the following week.

I'm sure you're right though. They weren't really trying :heh:

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They clinched the #1 seed the following week.

I'm sure you're right though. They weren't really trying :heh:
The Niners also lost to the Browns and the Bengals.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The packers look legit. They might beat the niners this weekend.
I don't think so. I honestly loved the way they dismantled the Cowboys but let's face it, the Cowboys were all sizzle, no steak in that game like they often are come play-off time. San Fran is a much tougher team than Dallas. Both physically and mentally. And Shanahan seems to have Lafleur's number.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I honestly loved the way they dismantled the Cowboys but let's face it, the Cowboys were all sizzle, no steak in that game like they often are come play-off time. San Fran is a much tougher team than Dallas. Both physically and mentally. And Shanahan seems to have Lafleur's number.
I hope so. I definitely favor the 49ers and am wanting them to win, but Love looks legit and defenses haven’t quite figured him out yet.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I definitely favor the 49ers and am wanting them to win, but Love looks legit and defenses haven’t quite figured him out yet.
I like what the offense is doing but I worry that the Niners and CMC will run over that defense. Dallas was so tight in their game and Pollard isn't a top level back. And San Frans run defense is 100 times better than the Cowboys. Aaron Jones isn't likely to average 6 yds a pop.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to play for?
All it takes for the better team to lose is taking ones foot off the gas pedal. Even a little. It happens in sports all to frequently