• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco and the 7 Dwarves

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to think. The Packers looked like world beaters, although maybe Dallas was too highly rated. Regardless, I think the Packers are the hottest team in the playoffs and may give the 49ers a scare.

I'm waiting for Lamar to show up in the playoffs. This should be his year, and he looks freaky good this year, but I don't have confidence in him yet. I still wouldn't pick against him though.

The Bills are intriguing as I think they often underachieve. Maybe this year will be different.

I'm just glad the Lion's got the playoff monkey off their back. I think they should beat the Bucs, but I picked against the Bucs in the Philly game, so what do I know! (right @DJ). I think the best Detroit can hope for is the NFC championship game. I hope I'm wrong.

My heart wants a Lions vs Bills SB, but head tells me it will be a Baltimore vs 49ers rematch from SB past.

All credit to GB as they whooped Dallas ass, but we've seen Dallas too many times just look horrible in all facets of the game.

Those completely bad games they gave us told me Dallas was not winning the SB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC looks pretty mediocre for sure. I think Detroit has a puncher's chance to beat the Niners but that's probably it.

I don't see Detroit beating the Niners. Goff under pressure is a very bad thing. Barring another Purdy injury, the Niners road looks pretty clean. The AFC should go through the Ravens, but the Chiefs and Bills are always dangerous yet inconsistent (and the Texans, but I think they're too young yet).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All credit to GB as they whooped Dallas ass, but we've seen Dallas too many times just look horrible in all facets of the game.

Those completely bad games they gave us told me Dallas was not winning the SB.
It is interesting to see their rollercoaster year. Losing to Arizona early made me think they were fools gold this year. Then they just started killing teams and looked unstoppable at home.

I really got a close look at them in the Detroit game, and felt like they wouldn't make it out of the NFC. I never thought they would lose to the Packers though...not get steamrolled at least. That kind of beating, at home in the playoffs, makes me think it might be time for a rebuild. Although there is no way Jerry will do that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to see their rollercoaster year. Losing to Arizona early made me think they were fools gold this year. Then they just started killing teams and looked unstoppable at home.

I really got a close look at them in the Detroit game, and felt like they wouldn't make it out of the NFC. I never thought they would lose to the Packers though...not get steamrolled at least. That kind of beating, at home in the playoffs, makes me think it might be time for a rebuild. Although there is no way Jerry will do that.

...and in the end, Jerry is the problem IMO

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Detroit beating the Niners. Goff under pressure is a very bad thing. Barring another Purdy injury, the Niners road looks pretty clean. The AFC should go through the Ravens, but the Chiefs and Bills are always dangerous yet inconsistent (and the Texans, but I think they're too young yet).

I agree. The Lions may stand a punchers chance if they had them in Detroit, but even then, I think Detroit is still a few key players away from being at the level that the 49ers are at right now.

I'd love to see that game happen though! Although, I'd much rather the Packers continue their miracle season and take them out for us.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll be honest, losing to the Packers hurt, I thought that was a good matchup, Detriot was gonna be tough, but I saw no way Dallas gets past SF. We just are mismatched there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Lions may stand a punchers chance if they had them in Detroit, but even then, I think Detroit is still a few key players away from being at the level that the 49ers are at right now.

I'd love to see that game happen though! Although, I'd much rather the Packers continue their miracle season and take them out for us.

Should be the favored outcome this weekend. The Bays have surprised though...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and in the end, Jerry is the problem IMO
Too much blame on Jerry. Yes he's the constant item, but the team is talented, they are just too soft when they get punched in the mouth.

That softness is the reason I wanted Saleh as the Head Coach.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 seeds have looked like really, really heavy favorites for a few weeks now imo.

That said, we do actually have some great matchups this week. GB vs SF and KC vs BUF are kinda what we expect at this point, isnt it? Love and Stroud emerging is also pretty exciting. The Texans playcalling has been on fire and historically Baltimore has had some issues getting figured out in the playoffs so that could potentially be a great game. Packers having a defense (Barry who?) totally changes their team. KC and Buf are both mistake prone but if they keep that in check both are potentially SB caliber teams. Lions coaching staff will probably all be coaches here shortly so this is possibly a peak year for them.

I do think we are looking at Niners getting to the Super Bowl but I wouldn't be shocked if whoever survives the AFC gauntlet is more than worthy to beat them.

One thing about Houston is that they were playing KC and Dallas tough at the end of the year with basically a backup QB. Their pass rush is better this year and they have a QB.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be the favored outcome this weekend. The Bays have surprised though...
Yeah, the Lions got a good draw, even if it happened because of a controversial ending in Dallas. It worked out for the best, and hopefully they can match the game they played in Tampa earlier in the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try, I really thought the Eagles were that team (and so did you at first). Jinx threads don't work unless you really believe it.

We know you got the Ravens winning. So do I frankly, Ravens over Niners
The Niners are without a doubt the best team in football.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even SF showed a little Dr Jeckyll v. Mr Hyde tendencies this season.

They are the most complete team in football this season. But they need to show up and play a good game to win. And that isnt a guarantee.

Most of their weak performances were without Trent Williams and Deebo (other than the Ravens game).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even SF showed a little Dr Jeckyll v. Mr Hyde tendencies this season.

They are the most complete team in football this season. But they need to show up and play a good game to win. And that isnt a guarantee.
In terms of DVOA rankings, the Ravens are 4th in offense and 1st in Defense. Niners are 1st in offense and 4th in defense. They're both pretty darn complete when healthy.