• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Careers up to age 32 season

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entire body of work on tHoop is laughable. You tard hard man look at you. :L Jordan won an MVP in his 4th year 1987-88. He came into the league with Bird and Magic dominating the MVP during the regular season. To say MJ wasn't competing is laughable.

Once again you are pretty stupid like this entire thread. Has Lebron had the 80s Celtics in the East? The late 80's Pistons? Point of the entire post is look at the competition MJ faced coming into the league, which is why he didn't have a cake walk for multiple "finals appearances" like Lebron has had

He lost to those teams, all the time, so whats really the point of talking about how tough he had it

Great, Lebron may or may not lost to those teams also

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. The Pistons were nothing. After back-to-back titles, dominating the NBA Finals. The Lakers were nothing. That's why Jordan won. Meanwhile, Lebron's East is stacked.

right? :tsk:

Jordan lost to the Celtics during their greatness, than lost to the Pistons during their greatness

FACTS - He started to dominate the East against the back end of the Bad Boys Pistons, and very flawed Knicks and Pacers teams

Simply the truth

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Starks the 2nd best scorer during much of the Jordan years, on the Knicks

Who was 2nd best during the Reggie Miller years, Rik Smits?

I could name 50 players minimum in todays game with more ability than John Starks and Rik Smits

We like to revise history, thats what we do in every sport in order to diminish the greatness of any current player

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost to those teams, all the time, so whats really the point of talking about how tough he had it

Great, Lebron may or may not lost to those teams also

Jordan and the Bulls took the Pistons further than the 89 showtime Lakers did in the finals. The actually won 2 games. Went 7 games in the ECF in 1990. Then all the sudden the Pistons were weak, the Knicks were weak and the Pacers were weak..

:lol:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan and the Bulls took the Pistons further than the 89 showtime Lakers did in the finals. The actually won 2 games. Went 7 games in the ECF in 1990. Then all the sudden the Pistons were weak, the Knicks were weak and the Pacers were weak..

:lol:

Watch the 30/30 on the Pistons.....After the Bulls beat them, the team was broken up, they knew it was end...Jordan absolutely caught that team towards the end of their run

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could name 50 players minimum in todays game with more ability than John Starks and Rik Smits

Go for it.

In todays NBA they would both make the top 25-30

But you can name 50 better player so go for it...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entire body of work on tHoop is laughable. You tard hard man look at you. :L Jordan won an MVP in his 4th year 1987-88. He came into the league with Bird and Magic dominating the MVP during the regular season. To say MJ wasn't competing is laughable.

When you don't have an argument, start with the insults. So you think that Michael Jordan could have won an MVP in his rookie season? Or his 2nd season when the Bulls were 38-44? YOU implied that Bird took MVPs away from Jordan. That is demonstrably false.

Once again you are pretty stupid like this entire thread. Has Lebron had the 80s Celtics in the East? The late 80's Pistons? Point of the entire post is look at the competition MJ faced coming into the league, which is why he didn't have a cake walk for multiple "finals appearances" like Lebron has had

What does this have to do with MVPs? MVPs are league wide.

You want to invalidate Lebron's accomplishments by saying that his competition is weak and you do that by arguing that the East is weak. He still needs to play the Western teams. And he won 3 of those championsips, the same number that Jordan won at the same age. He still competes with players in the West for MVPs and All-NBA titles. Why don't they count?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for it.

In todays NBA they would both make the top 25-30

But you can name 50 so go for it...

Jesus Christ, you really dont remember John Starks

He wouldnt make the Warriors roster

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the 30/30 on the Pistons.....After the Bulls beat them, the team was broken up, they knew it was end...Jordan absolutely caught that team towards the end of their run

:L I've watched the 30/30 Bad boys man.. Watched the games too. The Pistons finally got dethroned. Plain and simple. To suggest Jordan competition was weak, but say nothing about how weak the East is now is pretty hilarous

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The year after they lost to the Bulls in the conference finals, they lost in the first round of the playoffs. They year after that they had a losing record.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I've watched the 30/30 Bad boys man.. Watched the games too. The Pistons finally got dethroned. Plain and simple. To suggest Jordan competition was weak, but say nothing about how weak the East is now is pretty hilarous

The East now is laughably bad, would never state otherwise

Jordans' comp back than was far more difficult

Just not the gap you describe it as.......This Cavs team would have a very good chance at beating that Knicks team, beating those Pacers teams, and beating the version of that Pistons team

Thats all im saying, and I know you dis-agree

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, you really dont remember John Starks

He wouldnt make the Warriors roster

:L

Who said anything about joining the Warriors?!?

You said you could name 50 players better than Starks in the current NBA.

I called you on it. So either admit you're full of shit or put your money where your mouth is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year after they lost to the Bulls in the conference finals, they lost in the first round of the playoffs. They year after that they had a losing record.

I didnt even know that, but that basically sums it up

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. The Pistons were nothing. After back-to-back titles, dominating the NBA Finals. The Lakers were nothing. That's why Jordan won. Meanwhile, Lebron's East is stacked.

right? :tsk:

Why are you mentioning the Lakers and then saying that Lebron faced a weak Eastern conference?

You are doing a bang up job of conflating comparisons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I called you on it. So either admit you're full of shit or put your money where your mouth is.

I don't know if he would be one of the 50 best players this season but he wouldn't be one of the top 15 SGs in the league.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you don't have an argument, start with the insults. So you think that Michael Jordan could have won an MVP in his rookie season? Or his 2nd season when the Bulls were 38-44? YOU implied that Bird took MVPs away from Jordan. That is demonstrably false.

What does this have to do with MVPs? MVPs are league wide.

You want to invalidate Lebron's accomplishments by saying that his competition is weak and you do that by arguing that the East is weak. He still needs to play the Western teams. And he won 3 of those championsips, the same number that Jordan won at the same age. He still competes with players in the West for MVPs and All-NBA titles. Why don't they count?

No moron. I said look at who Jordan had to compete against coming into the league. 2 of the top 10 players of all time that were dominating bball. Sure Jordan was competing, but he wasn't going to do anything against the Celtics or beat Bird in those first few years. So for the 25th time, the point is look at the competition Jordan had coming into the league vs what Lebron has had in the East.

Not my fault you can't read. But man are you dense.

You keep pimping Lebron's "finals appearances" which is why I had to break all of this down for you. The level of competion in the Eastern conference now vs then isn't even close.

What team in the east the past 8 years could have actually won a NBA title? Jordan was facing teams in the East that could actually get it done.

I don't even know why I try with you. It's getting retarded

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont wanna waste the time, but if i could name 8 guys on the Warriors for sure, Im sure I could get to 50

Starks was a lightning rod player, as streaky as they come, had some great moments, Jordan and Reggie got into his head all the time....He shot 1-19 against the Rockets in the deciding game in the Finals......Guy was the definition of feast or famine, there are tons of players in this league better and far more consistent than John Starls

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you mentioning the Lakers and then saying that Lebron faced a weak Eastern conference?

You are doing a bang up job of conflating comparisons.

Sarcasm man. Seriously? My goodness you are special