• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Careers up to age 32 season

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he would be one of the 50 best players this season but he wouldn't be one of the top 15 SGs in the league.

Ok, you want to play this game too then?

Name 15 SGs in this league better than Starks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm man. Seriously? My goodness you are special

Your sarcasm wasn't the point. You said "The Lakers were nothing" which was obviously sarcasm and then sarcastically talked about how Lebron's Eastern conference is stacked.

I get that you guys want to pretend that the Western conference somehow isn't relevant but it kinda is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont wanna waste the time, but if i could name 8 guys on the Warriors for sure, Im sure I could get to 50

Ok, make it even easier for you. Name the 8 players better than Starks on the Warriors. If we say Curry, Durant, Klay and Green it makes it even easier. So name another 4 players other than the aforementioned guys.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, you really dont remember John Starks

He wouldnt make the Warriors roster

This is getting redonk. Starks could shoot it good and take it to the rack. Good defender. Sure he was streaky but the man had to guard MJ in alot of wars. Can't imagine the stories he has.

He wasn't great, but he was good. Oh but that's right... The Knicks were awful

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your sarcasm wasn't the point. You said "The Lakers were nothing" which was obviously sarcasm and then sarcastically talked about how Lebron's Eastern conference is stacked.

I get that you guys want to pretend that the Western conference somehow isn't relevant but it kinda is.

Says the man pimping Lebron's "finals appearances" every week on tHoop.

:L

:L :L

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge BB fan but I do know that if Jordan would have made the decision to play with several more of the best in the game at the time instead of sticking with Chicago for the vast majority of his career he....

I am not taking anything away from lebron's game but Jordan is the best I have ever seen other than Dirk Nowitzki. :D

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting redonk. Starks could shoot it good and take it to the rack. Good defender. Sure he was streaky but the man had to guard MJ in alot of wars. Can't imagine the stories he has.

He wasn't great, but he was good. Oh but that's right... The Knicks were awful

Im good with "Good", which was really all i was saying when I said that Knicks team is being overblown....Starks was far and away the second best scoring option on those teams

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted there is more fluidity in today's game between the 2 and 3 but here's a off the top of my head list.

Dwayne Wade
Klay Thompson
Paul George
Demar Derozan
James Harden
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
CJ McCollum
Avery Bradley
Eric Gordon
Zac Lavine
Lou Williams
Denny Green
Devin Booker
Malcolm Brogdon
JR Smith
Manu Ginobli

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im good with "Good", which was really all i was saying when I said that Knicks team is being overblown....Starks was far and away the second best scoring option on those teams

If you have 4 good players and 1 great one AND they play great team defense, you can win alot of games. I never said the Knicks were a great team. Very good? They were a tough fuckin out at times that's for sure. Have to understand that era was way more physical AND alot more good post players back then so scoring in the paint was relevant.

Glad we can finally agree on something ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the man pimping Lebron's "finals appearances" every week on tHoop.

:L

:L :L

I listed 7 different statistical points. You want to focus on the one that revolves around your only argument.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted there is more fluidity in today's game between the 2 and 3 but here's a off the top of my head list.

Dwayne Wade
Klay Thompson
Paul George
Demar Derozan
James Harden
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
CJ McCollum
Avery Bradley
Eric Gordon
Zac Lavine
Lou Williams
Denny Green
Devin Booker
Malcolm Brogdon
JR Smith
Manu Ginobli

And you didnt name a few Celtics swing guys that can be put in the Starks category

If Avery Bradley played on those Knicks teams, he would be a Starks like player IMO

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dwayne Wade
Klay Thompson
Paul George
Demar Derozan
James Harden
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
CJ McCollum
Avery Bradley
Eric Gordon
Zac Lavine
Lou Williams
Denny Green
Devin Booker
Malcolm Brogdon
JR Smith
Manu Ginobli

Scoring wise I agree with most of this list, but defensively most of these guys can't hold a candle to Starks and that was what made the Knicks really good.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 4 good players and 1 great one AND they play great team defense, you can win alot of games. I never said the Knicks were a great team. Very good? They were a tough fuckin out at times that's for sure. Have to understand that era was way more physical AND alot more good post players back then so scoring in the paint was relevant.

Agreed, no problem, this city loved that team, they were blue collar, punch you in the face, dont give a fuck

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed 7 different statistical points. You want to focus on the one that revolves around your only argument.

You pimp those finals appearances more than once. Quit acting like the #1 post was the only time.

And there is no argument bud. You just keep looking more and more stupid

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge BB fan but I do know that if Jordan would have made the decision to play with several more of the best in the game at the time instead of sticking with Chicago for the vast majority of his career he....

I am not taking anything away from lebron's game but Jordan is the best I have ever seen other than Dirk Nowitzki. :D

Free agency was quite different back then. Elite players would need to take a huge pay cut to change teams.

Heck even in today's free agency I'm not sure I would agree with you. He would have been team restricted until his 8 year. He already had a title under his belt and had a Hall of Famer playing along side of him. The remainder of his career was championships and absences from the league(unless you want to count his Wizards time)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And we agree on Pot Brownies

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember Starks well. 2-18 shooting ... including 0 for 11 from 3s ... in the biggest game of his life.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Starks well. 2-18 shooting ... including 0 for 11 from 3s ... in the biggest game of his life.

Which is why he's not classified as a great player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoring wise I agree with most of this list, but defensively most of these guys can't hold a candle to Starks and that was what made the Knicks really good.

Starks was a pretty good player and fit the Knicks squad well. But in 14 seasons he made one All-NBA 2nd team and one all-star team despite playing on one of the better teams.

He was a lifetime 41% shooter and 35% 3 point shooter. You aren't a starting 2 in the league today with those shooting rates.