• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone post Kipers Mock 1.0

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold that Ty is a long term answer at RB. I don't really see him getting 15+ carries a game with any kind of regularity. He might be best suited to be a 3rd down back and flex weapon.
I agree. His blocking is also lacking in the extreme but that can be taught. This is why I believe we will bring Lacy back assuming he doesnt overvalue his worth.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold that Ty is a long term answer at RB. I don't really see him getting 15+ carries a game with any kind of regularity. He might be best suited to be a 3rd down back and flex weapon.

The question is do we require a prototypical 20+ carry RB? Right now that doesn't appear to be a requirement in this offense. If they do believe it is a requirement then would use a high draft choice to replace Lacy? The NFL contantly changes and perhaps gone are the days of the prototypical RB. Instead we have a player built like a RB but can play the WR spot as well as take carries and go in between the tackles.

IMO we should pick up a veteran CB since Shields will most likely be gone. They CB from Houston Bouye comes to mind. Resign Cook at the TE spot. Resign Lang to solidify the O-line. In the draft I think they should go for an OLB, CB, DE, OG, RB, S and maybe another OLB

Clay Matthews and Peppers need replacements. We need insurance at the CB spot if Rollins and Randall continue to struggle. We need some depth at the Safety position and D-line and perhaps a underrated RB from a small school or something. OG will be able to replace Don Barclay the worst offensive linemen in the NFL.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. His blocking is also lacking in the extreme but that can be taught. This is why I believe we will bring Lacy back assuming he doesnt overvalue his worth.

I agree, Ty has been a liability in the blocking area. IDK if any team would want Lacy. An injury prone RB that can't keep his weight below 260 lbs and it's mostly fat. The dude would have to cut to at least 225 lbs at just 5'11. He can't be trusted and has proven he can't be trusted for 2 consecutive years now. You could give him a prove it year but I think his time is up.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is do we require a prototypical 20+ carry RB? Right now that doesn't appear to be a requirement in this offense.

This team has always been more successful with the ball in Rodgers' hands. I don't think that should change. Pass to set up the run is when Rodgers and McCarthy are at their best. However, when we get out to a 21-3 lead, it sure would be nice to be able to pound the rock. When we're at 2nd or 3rd & 1 or 2, it sure would be nice to slam between the tackles for that yard.

15 carries per game would be a nice number. Ty has hit that once: against the Bears.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Chiefs could definitely use another receiver, but I think they have more pressing needs. Maclin is pretty overrated as far as receivers go, he's a low 1/high 2 receiver at best. For his career averages he's basically a 70/900/7 guy. That's decent but not great. Plus he's battled injuries and has only played 16 games twice in 8 years.

I agree with you about Smith, though. He's maxed out and unless the Chiefs get a 2015 Broncos defense, they aren't winning the Super Bowl with him. If I'm running the Chiefs I go all in for Romo. If they can bring in Romo for next year and keep mostly the same roster otherwise I think they're the favorites in the AFC. If they can't get Romo, I'd take a qb high, give him a year to sit and learn while Smith starts in 2017, then move on from Smith and give the team to the young guy in 2018.
I figured most people saw Maclin as a low 1/high 2 receiver, to be honest. I don't know if overrated is quite the right word. Unreliable is probably the word I would use and that shows up in 2016. In terms of buy low, sell high value, Maclin is at his lowest value right now. 2015 he caught everything and that was unsustainable. This year he was bad. The WR is very similar to the OLB need as Houston is unreliable. I think the Chiefs should roll with what they've got unless an elite talent drops.

Alex Smith will be the QB next year but the Chiefs have to worry about when the regression is going to start hitting on him. A post prime Alex Smith could completely tank a season if they have no one developing behind him.

Chiefs needs imo:

Urgent: Nose Tackle
Need: QB, ILB
Good to have: RB, DE, OLB
If the value is there: G, WR, Blocking TE

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its an average QB class. Probably 3 starters in this draft.

I like Kizer. I've seen (physically) poor man's Cam Newton strapped to him as a label though no one compares to Cam on that level.

Watson throws guys open and has some elusiveness. He definitely doesn't have the pro game down, though. Textbook 2nd round QB that should sneak into rd1. Tons of upside imo but he missed a good number of throws in college.

Mahomes is getting way overrated by some people. He might be 6'2" but looks smaller than that. He has bad mechanics on almost literally every throw which causes massive accuracy problems. Comes from a system that doesnt project to the NFL at all. Has a cannon for an arm but when you're undersized that might not stick around forever. His cannon was also inconsistent...he missed many TDs in college with WRs who get behind the defense and he couldn't throw them open deeper. Watched him against Oklahoma, West Virginia and Baylor and he made mistakes on at least half of his throws.

UNC QB has lots of potential. It seems like people are picking Trubisky apart now which is good. Perfect QB for the Chiefs.

Kiper picking a WR is a bit odd. If Maclin is healthy then the Chiefs actually have a really good WR corp imo. Conley is developing well. Hill is a freak though a bit limited. Lots of upside in Hill getting better, though. Kelce is basically a WR threat. Ware is a good catching RB.

Smith has two issues: no deep ball and folds under pressure. He was 7.2 YPA last year but 6.8 for his career. The thing the Chiefs have to realize is that there is no upside in Alex Smith. His playoff games against Houston, New England and Pitt ARE his prime and in those games he is averaging 200 yards a game right around 60% passing. Unless the Chiefs get an elite defense any time soon, they'll need to move on with a QB of the future.

I'm with you on A. Smith...I think KC can win 10-12 games with him next year he's consistent enough to do that. He's just not a QB that is going to win many playoff games DIV rd or later. I think the QBs with 1st round grades are going to go earlier than they should, so I'm not expecting Watson or Trubisky to be there in the late 20s.

I think KC is going to be in the BPA mode, with an eye on a ILB. Interesting to see what they do with Berry.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured most people saw Maclin as a low 1/high 2 receiver, to be honest. I don't know if overrated is quite the right word. Unreliable is probably the word I would use and that shows up in 2016. In terms of buy low, sell high value, Maclin is at his lowest value right now. 2015 he caught everything and that was unsustainable. This year he was bad. The WR is very similar to the OLB need as Houston is unreliable. I think the Chiefs should roll with what they've got unless an elite talent drops.

Alex Smith will be the QB next year but the Chiefs have to worry about when the regression is going to start hitting on him. A post prime Alex Smith could completely tank a season if they have no one developing behind him.

Chiefs needs imo:

Urgent: Nose Tackle
Need: QB, ILB
Good to have: RB, DE, OLB
If the value is there: G, WR, Blocking TE
This all seems pretty fair and accurate to me. Good post.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on A. Smith...I think KC can win 10-12 games with him next year he's consistent enough to do that. He's just not a QB that is going to win many playoff games DIV rd or later. I think the QBs with 1st round grades are going to go earlier than they should, so I'm not expecting Watson or Trubisky to be there in the late 20s.

I think KC is going to be in the BPA mode, with an eye on a ILB. Interesting to see what they do with Berry.
IMO they have to bring back Berry. Besides being a great player (which he is), he's the emotional leader of that defense. I think they take a big step back without him next season. Will they have to overpay for him? Probably, but I think he's the type of player you go ahead and overpay for.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Stupid Mock Draft, though most of these early one are stupid. I remember one site had Jimmy Clausen the #1 overall pick.

Bucs would not draft a DE in the First round. Makes no sense. The Bucs leading sack man the previous 2 years is coming back from an Injury. Last Year signed Ayers who was our Heart on D, Draft Spence who is developing nicely. Makes NO SENSE!!!

IMO the Bucs take the best WR available or Jackson, Bucs need another CB and their scheme wants smaller quicker CBs, Every Bucs CB is under 6'0". Also the Bucs return game is Horrid.

Another Possibility is RB, With Martin in Rehab and Bucs able to cut him with no Penalty, if a RB falls to them they could go that route.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers pick...Chris Harris, Mizzou. Two mocks have him going to PIT.

I can see this pick happening. Clearly a need with Jarvis Jones not working out and Harrison nearing 50. We'll have to see what his combine looks like. After the J.Jones flop, PIT has taken a different approach, they want great athletes that they can coach up in the position. Harris seems to fit that mold.

I like the LB, from Vandy, Zac Cunningham. This guy is built like the modern day ILB...athletic and fast. Maybe they bring Timmons back after a soild season, but the price has to be right.

Slot CB, I could see them being high on fairly early...TE, S, DE...depth picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Stupid Mock Draft, though most of these early one are stupid. I remember one site had Jimmy Clausen the #1 overall pick.

Bucs would not draft a DE in the First round. Makes no sense. The Bucs leading sack man the previous 2 years is coming back from an Injury. Last Year signed Ayers who was our Heart on D, Draft Spence who is developing nicely. Makes NO SENSE!!!

IMO the Bucs take the best WR available or Jackson, Bucs need another CB and their scheme wants smaller quicker CBs, Every Bucs CB is under 6'0". Also the Bucs return game is Horrid.

Another Possibility is RB, With Martin in Rehab and Bucs able to cut him with no Penalty, if a RB falls to them they could go that route.
I figured the Bucs #1 need was WR so I tend to agree

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has him in ROund 2

If the Browns can come out with Garrett, Cooke, and Kizer, that would be a nice draft

Well since they had the same baseball front office drafting last year as well as this years, and that worked out great if they were trying to build a baseball team to play football. So you can expect the same philosophy this year, can they hit a curveball?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they have to bring back Berry. Besides being a great player (which he is), he's the emotional leader of that defense. I think they take a big step back without him next season. Will they have to overpay for him? Probably, but I think he's the type of player you go ahead and overpay for.

They tagged him this yr and he had a very good season...I know ATL will be interested in bringing him back home to complete the SS/FS duo Quinn had seeks.

That said, I agree with you...Berry should finish out in KC, but that will be a situation to watch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has him in ROund 2

If the Browns can come out with Garrett, Cooke, and Kizer, that would be a nice draft

Kizer could be the 1st QB off the board...would not surprise me to see the 49ers take him with Shanny likely to take that job...word is he wants to hand pick or be a part of picking the GM or he was staying in ATL.

Else CHI will take him.

That would be ideal for CLE...I would think...Garrett, Mike Williams WR Clemson, and trade back into the 1st and get Watson.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I do not want McCaffrey.

THe draft order is wrong here my guess is the Pack is not drafting in the #29 spot. It most likely is a few spots later so he may be gone by then