• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone post Kipers Mock 1.0

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to look long and hard at upgrading the position behind the center

I think thats as talented a roster as there is in the NFL, and all of their playmakers are "Field Stretchers" and yet they have a QB that would be known as the "Anti-Field Stretcher"
Problem is the QB class is pretty garbage. I'd take a shot with Watson mainly because I think his strengths align with Reid's, but I am not liking this class much at all. Being better than Goff as a prospect is like being the tallest midget.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is the QB class is pretty garbage. I'd take a shot with Watson mainly because I think his strengths align with Reid's, but I am not liking this class much at all. Being better than Goff as a prospect is like being the tallest midget.

Definitely, i cant imagine they would invest in a Watson in ROund one, even if I would

Are you completely Anti-Romo as a one year flyer?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, i cant imagine they would invest in a Watson in ROund one, even if I would

Are you completely Anti-Romo as a one year flyer?
With who is coming up the pike in this offseason, next offseason, and the offseason after that. It makes more sense to just bite the bullet on starting a young QB after next season (first guy to say Foles gets slapped) imo. I don't see a realistic pathway where Alex is not the starter next year without blowing large holes (Alex has a not insignificant |DM hit himself) in the defense to the point where it is quite obviously not championship caliber. Lose-lose situation to trade for Romo unfortunately.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its an average QB class. Probably 3 starters in this draft.

I like Kizer. I've seen (physically) poor man's Cam Newton strapped to him as a label though no one compares to Cam on that level.

Watson throws guys open and has some elusiveness. He definitely doesn't have the pro game down, though. Textbook 2nd round QB that should sneak into rd1. Tons of upside imo but he missed a good number of throws in college.

Mahomes is getting way overrated by some people. He might be 6'2" but looks smaller than that. He has bad mechanics on almost literally every throw which causes massive accuracy problems. Comes from a system that doesnt project to the NFL at all. Has a cannon for an arm but when you're undersized that might not stick around forever. His cannon was also inconsistent...he missed many TDs in college with WRs who get behind the defense and he couldn't throw them open deeper. Watched him against Oklahoma, West Virginia and Baylor and he made mistakes on at least half of his throws.

UNC QB has lots of potential. It seems like people are picking Trubisky apart now which is good. Perfect QB for the Chiefs.

Kiper picking a WR is a bit odd. If Maclin is healthy then the Chiefs actually have a really good WR corp imo. Conley is developing well. Hill is a freak though a bit limited. Lots of upside in Hill getting better, though. Kelce is basically a WR threat. Ware is a good catching RB.

Smith has two issues: no deep ball and folds under pressure. He was 7.2 YPA last year but 6.8 for his career. The thing the Chiefs have to realize is that there is no upside in Alex Smith. His playoff games against Houston, New England and Pitt ARE his prime and in those games he is averaging 200 yards a game right around 60% passing. Unless the Chiefs get an elite defense any time soon, they'll need to move on with a QB of the future.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want as many QBs taken before the Packers pick as possible :suds:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the Broncos pick in Bolles. Really love his game and especially just his ability to destroy people in the trenches which is what the Broncos need. At the same time some of the players he has going after Bolles are ones I have rated much higher. I would much rather have Ramczyk if we go OL and Malik McDowell or OJ Howard really above any of those guys.
The CBS mock had us taking Ramczyk. I don't watch enough college football to know who's better, but I do think addressing the offensive line is a must.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS mock had us taking Ramczyk. I don't watch enough college football to know who's better, but I do think addressing the offensive line is a must.
I've heard chatter thare isn't a single lineman with a 1st round grade, but Ramczyk is consistently listed as the best one from what I have been seeing. A couple guard prospects that might turn out nice, but it's a pretty barren looking OL class outside of that in my opinion. Only guy who has a shot at OT is Cam Robinson (RT) and his off the field may knock him down a few pegs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hair thinks Barnett (TN DE) will last to the late 20s to the Falcons, and CBS has the guy ranked 11th on their big board....somebody is way off!

I've seen this kid a few times...no way he lasts that long.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hair thinks Barnett (TN DE) will last to the late 20s to the Falcons, and CBS has the guy ranked 11th on their big board....somebody is way off!

I've seen this kid a few times...no way he lasts that long.
Yeah, if Barnett is going into the 20's, some drugs are involved.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper picking a WR is a bit odd. If Maclin is healthy then the Chiefs actually have a really good WR corp imo. Conley is developing well. Hill is a freak though a bit limited. Lots of upside in Hill getting better, though. Kelce is basically a WR threat. Ware is a good catching RB.

Smith has two issues: no deep ball and folds under pressure. He was 7.2 YPA last year but 6.8 for his career. The thing the Chiefs have to realize is that there is no upside in Alex Smith. His playoff games against Houston, New England and Pitt ARE his prime and in those games he is averaging 200 yards a game right around 60% passing. Unless the Chiefs get an elite defense any time soon, they'll need to move on with a QB of the future.
I think the Chiefs could definitely use another receiver, but I think they have more pressing needs. Maclin is pretty overrated as far as receivers go, he's a low 1/high 2 receiver at best. For his career averages he's basically a 70/900/7 guy. That's decent but not great. Plus he's battled injuries and has only played 16 games twice in 8 years.

I agree with you about Smith, though. He's maxed out and unless the Chiefs get a 2015 Broncos defense, they aren't winning the Super Bowl with him. If I'm running the Chiefs I go all in for Romo. If they can bring in Romo for next year and keep mostly the same roster otherwise I think they're the favorites in the AFC. If they can't get Romo, I'd take a qb high, give him a year to sit and learn while Smith starts in 2017, then move on from Smith and give the team to the young guy in 2018.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard chatter thare isn't a single lineman with a 1st round grade, but Ramczyk is consistently listed as the best one from what I have been seeing. A couple guard prospects that might turn out nice, but it's a pretty barren looking OL class outside of that in my opinion. Only guy who has a shot at OT is Cam Robinson (RT) and his off the field may knock him down a few pegs.
I too have heard that the draft is thin in OL prospects. Maybe that means a trade down, or maybe that means addressing another area of need instead of reaching for an offensive lineman. Still, I think I would be ok with taking a lineman from Wisconsin, they seem to do well generally.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As another Packer fan, it's not that I wouldn't want McCaffrey, it's that I wouldn't want him in the first round. If he fell to us in later rounds, I'd probably be fine with it.

I kinda expect Ted Thompson to trade out of the first round anyway - and I'd probably be perfectly fine with that.

We will trade you a ol not named Fant, Ifiadi or Britt for that 1st straight up.

As for the picks. Im not a huge Shead fan. I feel he got exposed so much that i"m suprised he didn't get hypothermia. True that could be because teams where afraid to pick on Sherman or what. Im ok with us taking the CB from Clemson in the 1st

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cam Robinson looked like crap in the NC game. This is why Im shocked the 2 guys from ND stayed in college both would of been 1st rd picks or early 2nd rd picks.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list it means Pats win the SB:suds:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I do not want McCaffrey.

I'm fine with 6.0 YPC from Ty Montgomery that can also return kicks and is already the best receiver out of the backfield in the NFL.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will trade you a ol not named Fant, Ifiadi or Britt for that 1st straight up.

I would be very surprised if GB traded their pick for a player. It's usually a trade down for more picks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the picks. Im not a huge Shead fan. I feel he got exposed so much that i"m suprised he didn't get hypothermia. True that could be because teams where afraid to pick on Sherman or what. Im ok with us taking the CB from Clemson in the 1st
Lol I will give that a hard pass. Trading for someone on your OL isnt a good deal for a first round pick. I am not opposed to trading out of the first if the 3-5 players I would be interested in at that pick are gone or several are still available.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper is a hump. I don't pay attention to him anymore. He use to be good.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its an average QB class. Probably 3 starters in this draft.

I see a lot of mediocrity and projection in places it doesn't belong- looking at you Allen and Mahomes; lesser extent Kizer. Perhaps garbage would be a strong term for it, but what good does it do them to just replace Smith with a QB of similar quality? So it moves them from the ~6th best team in the playoffs or so to 5th? Seems like we're spinning the wheels hoping we get snakeeyes if that's the case. Most teams are, but if there's going to be handwringing about just being in the middle class of playoff teams I'd like a bigger swing. I recognize that isn't neccessarily possible to find a tier 1 prospect in the 20's, but a tier 2 guy who could grow I'd prefer. Kaaya, Watson, and Kizer I think will be starters within 2 years. The rest I am not so sure can be of starting caliber. Kaaya I am pretty convinced is a mediocre QB readymade for an already good team ala Andy Dalton; but with some clear flaws as a QB that need to be insulated.

Watson throws guys open and has some elusiveness. He definitely doesn't have the pro game down, though. Textbook 2nd round QB that should sneak in,to rd1. Tons of upside imo but he missed a good number of throws in college.

Agreed, he gets picked apart being the presumptive QB1 after last year kind of like Bridgewater was, but if scouts overthink it I'd be willing to take a chance being towards the bottom of the 1st given the value of the 5th year option. A lot of his strengths would fit Reid's offense which is the most important thing for me first and foremost.

Mahomes is getting way overrated by some people. He might be 6'2" but looks smaller than that. He has bad mechanics on almost literally every throw which causes massive accuracy problems. Comes from a system that doesnt project to the NFL at all. Has a cannon for an arm but when you're undersized that might not stick around forever. His cannon was also inconsistent...he missed many TDs in college with WRs who get behind the defense and he couldn't throw them open deeper. Watched him against Oklahoma, West Virginia and Baylor and he made mistakes on at least half of his throws.

Yeah, I don't get the hype at all. Teams need to watch Blake Bortles tape over and over to see what drafting Mahomes early looks like. The tools just don't match the process of being a QB here. Very overrated prospect.

UNC QB has lots of potential. It seems like people are picking Trubisky apart now which is good. Perfect QB for the Chiefs.
Trubisky and Watson would be my two preferences. The rest of the QB's in this class would leave me wondering if they're out of the league by the end of their 1st contract outside of Kaaya, and I am not a fan of his as far as potential goes.

I don't hate Corey Davis the prospect to be clear, I am just not convinced it's the best player, nor the best player for the Chiefs. Would prefer a RB, DL, or ILB to a WR to be quite frank. WR is a position I'd let play out another year to see if development takes its course. If not, this can be revisited next draft.

Good news is I don't think they're very far off from being an elite defense again with a bounceback from Howard and an upgrade at DL and ILB, and a full season of Houston on one edge, the run D could get noticeably better in short order. But, the QB remains flummoxing if the goal is to maximize the potential of the team- a SB victory- and move beyond the playoff middle class.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with 6.0 YPC from Ty Montgomery that can also return kicks and is already the best receiver out of the backfield in the NFL.

I'm not sold that Ty is a long term answer at RB. I don't really see him getting 15+ carries a game with any kind of regularity. He might be best suited to be a 3rd down back and flex weapon.