• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calvin will be 30 years old week 3.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Rob just turn you guys against Megatron? A team this close should never trade its best player. The idea is to try and win it with him in the next couple years, not start over. I get the money thing and all but they are fine with the cap now. This is an all time great we are talking about here.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where a team like N.E or Seattle would jump all over that trade and win another Super bowl. Sports writers eould eat this team alive if they did that.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people on this board have been bitching for years that we need another guy by Calvin, he can't do it himself. Now 2 years removed from a record setting season we want to dump him? Because he's turning 30? He's still going to command doubles and triples. Still has game changing speed. Still has freakish athletic ability. Also he may see the error in signing a deal that big and take a pay cut before those huge cap hits come up. I wouldn't trade him yet. Not saying I never would, but not yet.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against Calvin. I would have preferred to keep Suh over Calvin, but I'm not against him.

This is where a team like N.E or Seattle would jump all over that trade and win another Super bowl. Sports writers eould eat this team alive if they did that.

BOOM! This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to hammer into the heads of the Mayhew fan club. Mayhew has had Calvin and Suh for 5 years TOGETHER. And NOTHING to show for it.

Put Calvin or Suh (God, imagine BOTH) on the Pats or Seahawks, and they win the SB EASY.

But not the Lions. Not with the junk Mayhew surrounded these guys with.

2nd place is the glass ceiling in Mayhewville.

In Boston or Seattle Calvin would have multiple SBs.

Lionstop, congrats on your GREATEST post ever. :suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against Calvin. I would have preferred to keep Suh over Calvin, but I'm not against him.

I can say with certainty -- I would rather have Suh than Calvin too, but only if he were to be paid like a DT. My opinion is a bit biased though, as I'd rather see a stacked defense than a stacked offense.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I no longer think CJ is their best player.

But I do think the Lions need to treat CJ with respect. If for no other reason other players have a high regard for him and you never want the opinion of possible FA that you don't take care of your guys.

If and I doubt it seriously a team would make a good offer for CJ by all means move on but don't try to low ball a restructure deal or give him away.

The best course of action in my opinion is eat the remaining years and then decide if he wants to play for a home team discount of be a FA.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I no longer think CJ is their best player.

But I do think the Lions need to treat CJ with respect. If for no other reason other players have a high regard for him and you never want the opinion of possible FA that you don't take care of your guys.

If and I doubt it seriously a team would make a good offer for CJ by all means move on but don't try to low ball a restructure deal or give him away.

The best course of action in my opinion is eat the remaining years and then decide if he wants to play for a home team discount of be a FA.

I agree with all of this. Truth is, unless he asks to be traded, the Lions are stuck with him for the entire contract. Moving Calvin to try and keep Suh was probably never a realistic option for Mayhew, unfortunately.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this. Truth is, unless he asks to be traded, the Lions are stuck with him for the entire contract. Moving Calvin to try and keep Suh was probably never a realistic option for Mayhew, unfortunately.

I doubt any team would have helped the Lions keep Suh with a move for CJ. He is coming off a couple injury plagued seasons. I would have seen a Ngata type trade at best.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rob, it does help when you have "The Hood" running the show.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Rob just turn you guys against Megatron? A team this close should never trade its best player. The idea is to try and win it with him in the next couple years, not start over. I get the money thing and all but they are fine with the cap now. This is an all time great we are talking about here.

Nope. Stupidest idea of all time.

Megatron is too valuable of a blocker for Caldwell's run game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Stupidest idea of all time.

Megatron is too valuable of a blocker for Caldwell's run game.

Caldwell will invent the first ever Play-Action Run play. Fake a bomb to Megatron, then hand off to Bell for HB dive.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell will invent the first ever Play-Action Run play. Fake a bomb to Megatron, then hand off to Bell for HB dive.

Now you're just being silly. When is Stafford ever going to have time to fake a bomb to Megatron?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is only 4.5 mill in dead money in 2017 and none on the last two years. They are not stuck. Even the biggest of homers could not possibly want to pay 17 and 18 million to him. I am sure I am wrong on the homer part. As now most would want to. See what production they get from him the next years and then see how they feel?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Rob just turn you guys against Megatron
If anything were ever to turn me against CJ (Ive never called him
MegaTron and never will.) it'd be his 24mil salary that's coming up. But that's just money, and only a few G's of it are mine anyway. So the odds are slim to none there.

But he plays on the wrong side of the ball for me to think he'll ever be the most important player on his team. (Without Suh though.... maybe he can be, I dont see any "most important" type players left over there.)Plus, he can't throw catch AND throw it.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure he wont see that 24 and next off-season, I bet he restructures to relieve some cap so that the team can go hard in FA and resign some guys. Ngata and company will be just fine....its like....Suh wont really be missed. Lol. Now if it were Watt..that'd be a whole different story...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ has one or two good seasons left. im not opposed to trading him while he still has value.I would also be ok with him finishing his career as a lion though.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will still throw the ball plenty. We were in the top 25% in the league for attempts last year. We wont be a run dominated offense this year for sure.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did just fine passing the ball last year when Calvin wasn't in the line up last year. That being with Ewrong too stupid to be any help and Fuller still learning the position. Well Ewrong better know what the hell he is doing this year and Fuller should also be better. I'm not even opposed to a possible deal (if the $ is right) with Crabtree, who is still out there.

So indulge me for a minute..............the Lions trade CJ to the Jets. They make it a bit of a strange deal where we give them our 3rd in exchange for their 2nd and 4th (maybe even a 2016 conditional pick). So you have 23, 38, and 54. Let's also assume you do sign Crabtree. Tate, Crabtree, Fuller/Broyles, and Ewrong is a receiving corp that I'm happy to role with if we can improve the o-line and get a quality RB.

What would you do with those picks to make the team better even without CJ. Do you really think it cant be done?