• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C-19 Vaccinations

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not taking it that way so show me whats flawed . you mentioned over all number of 320 million and the fact that you have a 99.987 % chance of getting it and surviving or not getting it at all that is true backed by the math

same with the cases 35 mil cases to deaths (613,00 again about 98 % that is the basic math and my statement holds , you have almost no chance of getting it and giving it to someone who will die

nothing misleading about that

and i have said getting the vaccine the opposite is true , you have almost no chance of getting a deadly immediate side affect

i also stated that the masks arent effective , i stated the real science i know because i work with these things

my information comes from the manufactures, the CDC and the WHO

that is the best information we have

what is the issue is anything that challenges the narrative is labeled misinformation

last year i said something would have to go horribly wrong for us not to have a season . how much blowback did i get from that "misinformation " and i was right we had a season

i will say this , no team will have to forfeit a game or lose pay checks

the NFL will never have a team forfielt a playoff game or a superbowl , wont happen

almost all of these coivid list things are contact tracings , i doubt this team will have a season long covid issue either . its hitting now so either they get it and get immunity or they will be vaxed up

we are not the only team having this issue

i see no scenario where 40 plus players are in covid protocols that would force a forfiet , you have 16 PS players to call up and you can sign players to fill a roster spot

we did this last year without any vaccines
I'll respond to the rest of this later.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude…you tried to mock me when I posted a CDC conversation based on the CDC website. So you must think the CDC is full of shit.

Now you play the…it isn’t the CDC’s fault card.

I don’t blame the CDC for any of this except their inconsistency and arrogance.

First of all, I didnt “try “ to mock you. I out-and-out did mock you. Made myself laugh and everything.

Second of all, your use of the word “fault” is interesting.

Covid dont care about assigning blame. Covid infects the stupid and the smart just the same. The difference is the smart dont die from it as much as the stupid do.

Finally, I question if you understand the meaning of the phrase “NOVEL coronavirus.” When something is “novel,” it means “new.” “Unknown.”
“Unseen before.”

Sometimes in life, gekoka, “novel” problems arise. I’m sure you can think back to a time when you were confronted with a “novel” problem while flying, or in any relationship you have ever had with any other living thing, or even in terms of a new sickness or pain.

Did you always make the best, most consistent choices then?

You did not.
Now imagine you are confronted with the same difficult situation - a “NOVEL” virus that is infecting and killing people all around the world. Would you expect the governing body that is trying to handle the “NOVEL” virus to get everything right, 100% of the time?

If you said, “yes!” then you are a hypocrite.

Perhaps the “arrogance” you attribute to the CDC is misplaced, and/or a poor interpretation of actual events.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking this down...

99.987 % of getting it and not dying from it. Think about this logically, if there were uniformity in death to infection rates, you would be correct. Unfortunately there's no uniform nature to who gets it and whom ultimately dies from it. As the virus spreads and infects/re-infects more those number will change positively or negatively accordingly. There are more factors involved in that death rate including "where deaths are taking place. Here's an example.

View attachment 276534
See, zero uniformity in number of deaths by location. Percentages fluctuate as infections, casualties change daily.
doesnt matter nor does it change my statement

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I didnt “try “ to mock you. I out-and-out did mock you. Made myself laugh and everything.

Second of all, your use of the word “fault” is interesting.

Covid dont care about assigning blame. Covid infects the stupid and the smart just the same. The difference is the smart dont die from it as much as the stupid do.

Finally, I question if you understand the meaning of the phrase “NOVEL coronavirus.” When something is “novel,” it means “new.” “Unknown.”
“Unseen before.”

Sometimes in life, gekoka, “novel” problems arise. I’m sure you can think back to a time when you were confronted with a “novel” problem while flying, or in any relationship you have ever had with any other living thing, or even in terms of a new sickness or pain.

Did you always make the best, most consistent choices then?

You did not.
Now imagine you are confronted with the same difficult situation - a “NOVEL” virus that is infecting and killing people all around the world. Would you expect the governing body that is trying to handle the “NOVEL” virus to get everything right, 100% of the time?

If you said, “yes!” then you are a hypocrite.

Perhaps the “arrogance” you attribute to the CDC is misplaced, and/or a poor interpretation of actual events.

All you really did was make yourself look stupid because I was quoting the CDC. You apparently still suck their cocks on everything except what I sourced to you. Then they are full of shit.

Democrats care about assigning blame…virus of the unvaccinated…Republicans are anti-vaxxers.

Are you calling POC stupid? COVID has killed a higher proportion of people of color. You racist.

I know the word novel…that is the only reason COVID seems so bad. It started at 5% death rate, dropped to about 2%, and wouldn’t you know it is down to about .5. My God…the carnage.

So let me understand this because I agree with you. Fauci and the CDC change their minds and opinions because it is a novel virus. Trump changes his tune and he was evil all along And should have known?

The people that deserve blame…The Chinese government, the Wuhan lab, and Dr. Fauci for funding ”gain of function.”

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that above comment is one that should be in a PM , not open here . It talks about politics . Republicans, democrats , Trump cross way into politics , so let’s stay away from that or I will have to shut down and lock up the thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see the uninformed actually get informed, come to their senses, and get vaccinated.

Sure, others will whine “coercion!!!” but maybe instead of anything nefarious, it was simply a matter of players removing their heads from the sand, recognizing that they are members of a team led by a immunocompromised coach, and doing something for the greater good.
My only reason to comment about this was how I viewed as being part of a team, a new culture and looking after your HC. Good post.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only reason to comment about this was how I viewed as being part of a team, a new culture and looking after your HC. Good post.

I completely agree. It is a good article.

It doesn’t make you a bad teammate to inject a poison into your body for their sake. If you are uncomfortable with it, that is your choice.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem…if people do t come to the conclusion you have, you think they are wrong…wait…you know they are wrong.

I have come to the same conclusion as you on much of this…it doesn’t make us right.
Everybody has a right to their opinion, but nobody has a right to be wrong in their facts.

You (generic you) are entitled to your own views, but you (generic) are not entitled to your own facts.

People are entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that above comment is one that should be in a PM , not open here . It talks about politics . Republicans, democrats , Trump cross way into politics , so let’s stay away from that or I will have to shut down and lock up the thread
C'mon politics!:D:D:D:rolleyes2:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody has a right to their opinion, but nobody has a right to be wrong in their facts.

You (generic you) are entitled to your own views, but you (generic) are not entitled to your own facts.

People are entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts.

I agree. You said coming to the wrong conclusion. Conclusions are based on facts…hopefully.

100% agree.

100% agree.

I really do love talking to you buddy. I hope you know that…even when we butt heads.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt matter nor does it change my statement
I know you feel that way but the statement is out of context. This is the point that I'm trying convey and why your numbers aren't wrong, just used in a context that endangers lives.

Once again, pandemics do not spread evenly nor all at once. National numbers are an overall snapshot, not an actual telling of what's happening in places where the virus is hitting hardest or where there are fewer incidences.

Imagine a genuine "Hotspot" in which that locality is producing more deaths than anywhere else in the state. Using your 99.987% someone will inevitably dismiss their chances of getting the virus. This has been done all over the country and what we're seeing now as incidences of the virus rise, is a result of that sort of information being taken as uniformly true.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You said coming to the wrong conclusion. Conclusions are based on facts…hopefully.

100% agree.

100% agree.

I really do love talking to you buddy. I hope you know that…even when we butt heads.
Exactly!!

Good!!

Good!

I haven't changed my mind, our conversations would be epic and likely to drag on for a lifetime (or whatever we have left) and butting heads truly is the fun part, how boring is agreement on everything! Thanks man!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!!

Good!!

Good!

I haven't changed my mind, our conversations would be epic and likely to drag on for a lifetime (or whatever we have left) and butting heads truly is the fun part, how boring is agreement on everything! Thanks man!

Exactly…diversity of thought makes life more entertaining.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you feel that way but the statement is out of context. This is the point that I'm trying convey and why your numbers aren't wrong, just used in a context that endangers lives.

Once again, pandemics do not spread evenly nor all at once. National numbers are an overall snapshot, not an actual telling of what's happening in places where the virus is hitting hardest or where there are fewer incidences.

Imagine a genuine "Hotspot" in which that locality is producing more deaths than anywhere else in the state. Using your 99.987% someone will inevitably dismiss their chances of getting the virus. This has been done all over the country and what we're seeing now as incidences of the virus rise, is a result of that sort of information being taken as uniformly true.

The context would also work the other way then correct.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The context would also work the other way then correct.
It absolutely cannot!!

Viewed from a national perspective @dad's numbers are correct. Viruses don't strike uniformly nationally. You absolutely have to look at the "hotspots" because that is where it's happening in real time.

Don't worry Missourians, while unvaccinated cases hit the highest in the country where you are, national stats say that 99.987% of you won't get it or die from it!! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember when NYC had the highest incidence and the highest death rate, well that's how it works!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely cannot!!

Viewed from a national perspective @dad's numbers are correct. Viruses don't strike uniformly nationally. You absolutely have to look at the "hotspots" because that is where it's happening in real time.

Don't worry Missourians, while unvaccinated cases hit the highest in the country where you are, national stats say that 99.987% of you won't get it or die from it!! :pound: :pound: :pound:

I thought you stated the numbers do not reflect reality because a place like NY when it was full insanity had a higher death rate which drives the numbers up.

Then the opposite would also be true. Places that have a low load, keep the death rate down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the opposite would also be true. Places that have a low load, keep the death rate down.
Nationally yes, and that is why you cannot apply a national stat to a generalized place where the virus is wreaking havoc. Take a place like Ward county North Dakota, low population, one of their "hotspots," current report... In Ward County, there were 0 newly reported COVID-19 cases and 0 newly reported COVID-19 deaths on Aug 02, 2021. This lowers the national number as you suggest, but the more relevant point is that it has no bearing on places where there are active spikes in cases. (the numbers change)

If you truly want to confuse and endanger, spout the national numbers as if they applied to generalized locations. This is my point of contention because it's absolutely incorrect to suggest the the national number (99.987% chance to not get it or die from it) applies to "hotspots."

BTW: this is a very aggressive virus, nowhere is safe, where it's ok today, it may not be tomorrow. Nature of the beast.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationally yes, and that is why you cannot apply a national stat to a generalized place where the virus is wreaking havoc. Take a place like Ward county North Dakota, low population, one of their "hotspots," current report... In Ward County, there were 0 newly reported COVID-19 cases and 0 newly reported COVID-19 deaths on Aug 02, 2021. This lowers the national number as you suggest, but the more relevant point is that it has no bearing on places where there are active spikes in cases. (the numbers change)

If you truly want to confuse and endanger, spout the national numbers as if they applied to generalized locations. This is my point of contention because it's absolutely incorrect to suggest the the national number (99.987% chance to not get it or die from it) applies to "hotspots."

BTW: this is a very aggressive virus, nowhere is safe, where it's ok today, it may not be tomorrow. Nature of the beast.

No I get it. You have to localize this and look at the time frame.

You can’t apply the dumb ass in NY to the death rate. You can’t compare early response tonow. The death rate has dropped dramatically to about .4% over the last month, nationally.