• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C-19 Vaccinations

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With COVID 19, the real issue has always been not overloading our health care system. It's not an especially deadly disease. But it is quite virulent and we have no natural immunity to it. So its spread and it's ability to force people into hospital beds is it's worst feature, especially at the start of it all, when no one had immunity.

That being said, yes. Vaccinated people still can get Covid. But they're(we're) very unlikely to need hospitalization due to COVID.

I'm new here and 100% did not read all of this thread, but if you're pulling a false equivalency card and then comparing COVID to the Spanish Flu or the Black Plague, well, you're not too far off. People also ignored the start of the Spanish Flu because of Fog of WWI, and the Black Plague was also probably also blamed on unrelated things.

So yeah, COVID is similar to those in that a lot of people didn't want to critically think about those things. Look no further than calling it the "Spanish Flu". Why do we know it as that? Because Spain was neutral in WWI, and none of the countries at war wanted to let slip that a shitload of their men were getting sick. So there was a moratorium on talking about that, then the neutral Spanish reported on their people getting sick, and then it was the Spanish Flu. That's the Fog of WWI thing I mentioned in the prior paragraph.

So we are back to that again. We flattened the damn curve, broke the bitch, and said fuck you.

Yeah…not sure where the linguistic history lesson plays but cool.

Apples to apples- disease to disease

aplles to oranges- disease to war

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mention football lately?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is absolutely their reasoning.

“Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”

That is absolutely their reasoning.
There's more than one version (strain) of the Delta variant. Delta and its sisters have been identified as the more virulent of previous iterations and is currently the dominant strain sweeping through this country. Why is it important for me to post this?

Well, because viruses in their nature are intent survivors. Killing their host is the least effective way to replicate, survive and spread. The best way is to jump hosts resulting in a more virulent strain that ultimately replicates against natural immunity, and/or anything introduced to combat it. (Why am I posting this?)

To ultimately get to your concern (a timeline)

What's not known...
are the conditions, (area, age group, etc.) that will ultimately play host to some variant that replicates inside of a body that's fully vaccinated and/or has "natural immunity." (Remember the "people are dirty, uncaring etc. remark")

What's known and provable...

. With a concerted effort, viruses, including this one can be stopped, not destroyed, STOPPED. (reduced to pre-pandemic derivative levels)

.Viruses are determined to survive. Delta is particularly unforgiving.

. Current vaccines work

. Viruses, specifically this one as it's the topic, is also trying to survive in a fully vaccinated host and one that has a natural immunity to it. In simplistic terms, thinks of it as you would one of those automated Robo calls, searching, searching, for that one person who answers thereby confirming a real human that's subject to more calls on an international level.

. The best way to combat all of this is through vaccination and the extrinsic methods outlined previously. Why? because the fewer hosts, with zero reaction, mild symptoms, severe symptoms or those ending in death, the fewer chances there are to replicate, become more virulent and/or ultimately replicate in a manner that renders the vaccines ineffective.

. Viruses are here to stay, (there are millions on earth) there's no cure yet made to combat a viral infection. (that's why you don't see cures for the common cold) Bacterial infections can be "cured" however, just like viruses, the antibiotics used to treat them are so overly used that they are quickly becoming ineffective. In light of the current Covid-19 crisis, I don't want to scare folks more than some already are but, antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest threats to global health, food security, and development today.

I apologize for the simplistic language and staging, but I am concerned about other less inquisitive, more influenceable persons reading this.
(I'm still hoping that @dad deletes this thread)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very new here so no one will give a shit, but after both of my Pfizer vaccines I had mild left arm soreness that was only noticeable when I tested it by waving it around like a madman to see if I had any noticeable side-effects. I did discover a side-effect: when I swung around my vacc'd arm like a madman, it felt sore. When I did day-to-day regular stuff there was no difference.
we welcome all new visitors to our site. So Welcome!

You make a very good point about immediate side effects, thank you! I had the same experiences with Pfizer and a slight stuffiness in the nose.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Math understood is universal, use of math in misleading ways isn't!

What's happening is exactly what I previously posted, not what I think, what I know!

For example according to you, we should use 100% of the total population (320M) as basis upon which infection rate and resulting deaths are calculated. ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!! Only the infected for that basis. In every posting there's no mention of spread and/or infection rate. Perhaps this is where you're getting it twisted. They are called "Hotspots" for a reason. Take a look at this graph.

View attachment 276475

It proves factually that there is a SPREAD, meaning new and re-infections across the country. As a result, no one can tell you definitively that thus and such is true nationally. National numbers are used in the industry and are read within the context of the accompanying report. When the public gets them, they're taken at face value bereft of the report and ultimately viewed as confusing when mistakenly compared to other numbers put into the public.

Mask and vaccinations actually work, uninformed messaging related to masks/vaccinations are counterproductive. There's also absolute evidence to support this. How people use masks, the materials associated with them and their effectiveness/ineffectiveness is key here. Social distancing plays a key role as well. I recommend the N-95 mask as it destroys every argument related to micron filtration. Given the unavailability of N-95 masks at the time the experts offered alternatives covering measures rather than offering nothing. It is rare to see anyone using the N-95's today and even rarer to see masking and distancing in tandem. Why did this come to be? Well, the messaging was correct but the sale became "masks" or face coverings which were more readily available. Few heard them say that the N-95's were best. Few cared if that was best for them.

We have zero numbers on vaccinated people who have gotten it and what that personal viral load could be, meaning, how likely it is to be spread by this group. Why, because, vaccinated people aren't being tested at least not uniformly.

Total deaths in:

WWII= 420,000,

Korea=54,260, revised to 36,914 in 1994,

Vietnam = 58,220,

Iran/Iraq = 7,057

Afghanistan =2,372

Coronavirus = 618,392

(There's a point to posting these comparisons)
First go back and read what I said . 2nd go back and look at the post about infections and the numbers along with the correction

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to agree with you but the CDC is pretty fucking stupid these days.

”Active immunity is long-lasting, and sometimes life-long.”

Whatever.

Let us know when you are dealing with a novel, deadly global-scale pandemic so we can judge you by your miscalculations, missteps, and corrections based on empirical evidence.

Heaviest is the head that wears the crown, mothrafracker.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.

Let us know when you are dealing with a novel, deadly global-scale pandemic so we can judge you by your miscalculations, missteps, and corrections based on empirical evidence.

I stopped listening to the CDC when they said BLM protests were not “super spreader events”, but anti lockdown protests and trump rallies were. That tells me they care more about the politics than they do the science.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait, Payne said he was no Covid positive?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more than one version (strain) of the Delta variant. Delta and its sisters have been identified as the more virulent of previous iterations and is currently the dominant strain sweeping through this country. Why is it important for me to post this?

Well, because viruses in their nature are intent survivors. Killing their host is the least effective way to replicate, survive and spread. The best way is to jump hosts resulting in a more virulent strain that ultimately replicates against natural immunity, and/or anything introduced to combat it. (Why am I posting this?)

To ultimately get to your concern (a timeline)

What's not known...
are the conditions, (area, age group, etc.) that will ultimately play host to some variant that replicates inside of a body that's fully vaccinated and/or has "natural immunity." (Remember the "people are dirty, uncaring etc. remark")

What's known and provable...

. With a concerted effort, viruses, including this one can be stopped, not destroyed, STOPPED. (reduced to pre-pandemic derivative levels)

.Viruses are determined to survive. Delta is particularly unforgiving.

. Current vaccines work

. Viruses, specifically this one as it's the topic, is also trying to survive in a fully vaccinated host and one that has a natural immunity to it. In simplistic terms, thinks of it as you would one of those automated Robo calls, searching, searching, for that one person who answers thereby confirming a real human that's subject to more calls on an international level.

. The best way to combat all of this is through vaccination and the extrinsic methods outlined previously. Why? because the fewer hosts, with zero reaction, mild symptoms, severe symptoms or those ending in death, the fewer chances there are to replicate, become more virulent and/or ultimately replicate in a manner that renders the vaccines ineffective.

. Viruses are here to stay, (there are millions on earth) there's no cure yet made to combat a viral infection. (that's why you don't see cures for the common cold) Bacterial infections can be "cured" however, just like viruses, the antibiotics used to treat them are so overly used that they are quickly becoming ineffective. In light of the current Covid-19 crisis, I don't want to scare folks more than some already are but, antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest threats to global health, food security, and development today.

I apologize for the simplistic language and staging, but I am concerned about other less inquisitive, more influenceable persons reading this.
(I'm still hoping that @dad deletes this thread)

So they know the vaccine works against the variants? How do they know this?

If they know this, why do t they know about natural immunity? Are they not tracking people?

Because, I stated their reasoning was “they did not know.” That still holds true for Delta.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.

Dude…you tried to mock me when I posted a CDC conversation based on the CDC website. So you must think the CDC is full of shit.

Now you play the…it isn’t the CDC’s fault card.

I don’t blame the CDC for any of this except their inconsistency and arrogance.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First go back and read what I said . 2nd go back and look at the post about infections and the numbers along with the correction
I have read everything that you and others have posted, along with corrections, and have found in many instances that conclusions drawn from flawed premises makes this thread dangerous. In some instances, corrections were proper, in others proper corrections were followed by repeating the previously flawed assertions. BTW: this isn't an attack on you specifically, but an overall general look at what's being posted here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read everything that you and others have posted, along with corrections, and have found in many instances that conclusions drawn from flawed premises makes this thread dangerous. In some instances, corrections were proper, in others proper corrections were followed by repeating the previously flawed assertions. BTW: this isn't an attack on you specifically, but an overall general look at what's being posted here.
not taking it that way so show me whats flawed . you mentioned over all number of 320 million and the fact that you have a 99.987 % chance of getting it and surviving or not getting it at all that is true backed by the math

same with the cases 35 mil cases to deaths (613,00 again about 98 % that is the basic math and my statement holds , you have almost no chance of getting it and giving it to someone who will die

nothing misleading about that

and i have said getting the vaccine the opposite is true , you have almost no chance of getting a deadly immediate side affect

i also stated that the masks arent effective , i stated the real science i know because i work with these things

my information comes from the manufactures, the CDC and the WHO

that is the best information we have

what is the issue is anything that challenges the narrative is labeled misinformation

last year i said something would have to go horribly wrong for us not to have a season . how much blowback did i get from that "misinformation " and i was right we had a season

i will say this , no team will have to forfeit a game or lose pay checks

the NFL will never have a team forfielt a playoff game or a superbowl , wont happen

almost all of these coivid list things are contact tracings , i doubt this team will have a season long covid issue either . its hitting now so either they get it and get immunity or they will be vaxed up

we are not the only team having this issue

i see no scenario where 40 plus players are in covid protocols that would force a forfiet , you have 16 PS players to call up and you can sign players to fill a roster spot

we did this last year without any vaccines

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, the WFT coach wants his players to get vaccinated.

Why do you think that is, skinsdad? Because he wants to coerce them into doing something?
Is he interested in, using your racist term, “star of daviding” them?
people in hell want ice water and signalling out a group of players and putting in special rules to coerce them to take a vaccine they dont want to followed by the press speculating on who is and isnt and blaming them for things that havent happened is star of daviding them

star of david is a jewish symbol ., it was used by the nazi's to identify jews and that happened

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they know the vaccine works against the variants? How do they know this?

If they know this, why do t they know about natural immunity? Are they not tracking people?

Because, I stated their reasoning was “they did not know.” That still holds true for Delta.
Yep, it works against the variant, the current rise is called "the Pandemic of the unvaccinated"

Natural immunity is extremely rare as a percentage of overall population. I use (total) overall population because that's the risk pool. BTW; "natural immunity" isn't as safe as its made out to be against a viral strain that has a natural affinity to survive in one who carries that immunity.

As the virus evolves (mutates) what's known about the new viral strain has to be studied. The best response to reporter's question in an ever changing virus landscape, when asked about a particular variant is "I don't know." We live in a time where there are demands for answers, right now!, from those who study and/or are "experts" in a particular field then call the correct answer "confusing" or "insufficient" related to that demand. This is not the fault of the expert, it is a flaw in both the listener and reporter unsatisfied with such a response.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped listening to the CDC when they said BLM protests were not “super spreader events”, but anti lockdown protests and trump rallies were. That tells me they care more about the politics than they do the science.
Link?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it works against the variant, the current rise is called "the Pandemic of the unvaccinated"

Natural immunity is extremely rare as a percentage of overall population. I use (total) overall population because that's the risk pool. BTW; "natural immunity" isn't as safe as its made out to be against a viral strain that has a natural affinity to survive in one who carries that immunity.

As the virus evolves (mutates) what's known about the new viral strain has to be studied. The best response to reporter's question in an ever changing virus landscape, when asked about a particular variant is "I don't know." We live in a time where there are demands for answers, right now!, from those who study and/or are "experts" in a particular field then call the correct answer "confusing" or "insufficient" related to that demand. This is not the fault of the expert, it is a flaw in both the listener and reporter unsatisfied with such a response.

Yet, there are more and more breakthrough cases…and those are only people with symptoms we know about.

Natural immunity you are speaking of is innate immunity. There is active natural immunity which is straight from the CDC website and it says it is long-lasting.

We also live in a time of coercion, deceit, and political ploys.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the problem…if people do t come to the conclusion you have, you think they are wrong…wait…you know they are wrong.

I have come to the same conclusion as you on much of this…it doesn’t make us right.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not taking it that way so show me whats flawed . you mentioned over all number of 320 million and the fact that you have a 99.987 % chance of getting it and surviving or not getting it at all that is true backed by the math

same with the cases 35 mil cases to deaths (613,00 again about 98 % that is the basic math and my statement holds , you have almost no chance of getting it and giving it to someone who will die

nothing misleading about that

and i have said getting the vaccine the opposite is true , you have almost no chance of getting a deadly immediate side affect

i also stated that the masks arent effective , i stated the real science i know because i work with these things

my information comes from the manufactures, the CDC and the WHO

that is the best information we have

what is the issue is anything that challenges the narrative is labeled misinformation

last year i said something would have to go horribly wrong for us not to have a season . how much blowback did i get from that "misinformation " and i was right we had a season

i will say this , no team will have to forfeit a game or lose pay checks

the NFL will never have a team forfielt a playoff game or a superbowl , wont happen

almost all of these coivid list things are contact tracings , i doubt this team will have a season long covid issue either . its hitting now so either they get it and get immunity or they will be vaxed up

we are not the only team having this issue

i see no scenario where 40 plus players are in covid protocols that would force a forfiet , you have 16 PS players to call up and you can sign players to fill a roster spot

we did this last year without any vaccines
Breaking this down...

99.987 % of getting it and not dying from it. Think about this logically, if there were uniformity in death to infection rates, you would be correct. Unfortunately there's no uniform nature to who gets it and whom ultimately dies from it. As the virus spreads and infects/re-infects more those number will change positively or negatively accordingly. There are more factors involved in that death rate including "where deaths are taking place. Here's an example.

1628016319381.png
See, zero uniformity in number of deaths by location. Percentages fluctuate as infections, casualties change daily.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see the uninformed actually get informed, come to their senses, and get vaccinated.

Sure, others will whine “coercion!!!” but maybe instead of anything nefarious, it was simply a matter of players removing their heads from the sand, recognizing that they are members of a team led by a immunocompromised coach, and doing something for the greater good.