• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye, Bye Peralta...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez... Cody Martin really hasn't pitched that well. Tacoma has a couple of relievers having good years I wish they could find a way to put one of those guys on the 40 man.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jeez... Cody Martin really hasn't pitched that well. Tacoma has a couple of relievers having good years I wish they could find a way to put one of those guys on the 40 man.

I thought the same thing. Is Diaz on the 40 man roster?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Martin always on the 40-man or was he just put on there when Peralta was DFA'd? I ask because if he was already on it, releasing or getting someone else to take Peralta would then open up a spot on the 40-man, who could then be called up. I honestly pay way more attention to the players on the 25-man than to the players on the 40-man.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather watch a young kid with potential stink it up in the pen rather than watch a 40 year old stink it up in the pen... I like this move...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing. Is Diaz on the 40 man roster?
Not yet he isn't. But since he appears to be on the fast track to the bullpen would't be surprised to see him added sooner rather than later. Also I think he is eligible for rule 5 in offseason so he will need to be added.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Martin always on the 40-man or was he just put on there when Peralta was DFA'd? I ask because if he was already on it, releasing or getting someone else to take Peralta would then open up a spot on the 40-man, who could then be called up. I honestly pay way more attention to the players on the 25-man than to the players on the 40-man.
Yeah he was on the 40 man which is likely the only reason he was the call just because of simplicity.

So far the pitchers on the 40 man roster that are playing in Tacoma are:
Jonathan Aro- Having a nice season ERA 1.26 through 28.2 innings
Guaipe
David Rollins

As of a few days ago Paxton and Martin where also on the 40 and the only extra starters on the 40 man.

Jackson only has 2 players on the 40 man they are both position players.

I think you are right it should open up a spot on the 40 man roster and there have been some good performances for relievers in Tacoma so far this season which is why I am surprised they went with Martin.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather watch a young kid with potential stink it up in the pen rather than watch a 40 year old stink it up in the pen... I like this move...
I agree, Peralta always felt like a place holder for something better or the injured guys to come back. His role got expanded more than it should have because the bullpen injuries continued to pile up and take longer than expected.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet he isn't. But since he appears to be on the fast track to the bullpen would't be surprised to see him added sooner rather than later. Also I think he is eligible for rule 5 in offseason so he will need to be added.

I could be reading this wrong, but if we cur Peralta we could have added Diaz to the 40 man w/o any problem, correct? Maybe they thought he wasn't ready, but as a pen arm all you need is to throw strikes and MPH helps which he has. What do I know?...no comments please...LOL.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be reading this wrong, but if we cur Peralta we could have added Diaz to the 40 man w/o any problem, correct? Maybe they thought he wasn't ready, but as a pen arm all you need is to throw strikes and MPH helps which he has. What do I know?...no comments please...LOL.
As far as I know that is correct... and they still could.