• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buckeyes Noah Spence plans to sue B1G

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence received a three-game suspension from the Big Ten after testing positive for the drug ecstasy, his father told WHTM-TV in Harrisburg, Pa.

Spence, a sophomore from Harrisburg, was suspended for last week's Discover Orange Bowl after testing positive for a small amount of ecstasy, his father told WHTM-TV. Greg Spence said Noah, a sophomore, didn't intend to take the drug as it had been put into a drink he had been given at a recent party.

Noah Spence was also suspended for the first two games of the 2014 season, against Navy and Virginia Tech.

Greg Spence said the Big Ten originally suspended Noah for a full season before reducing the ban to three games following an appeal. The family made a second appeal, which was denied, and plans to file a lawsuit against the conference, according to the report.

Ohio State said in a statement Jan. 1 that it aided the Spence family in its appeal to the Big Ten.

The NCAA classifies ecstasy as a stimulant on its list of banned substances. There was some question in Spence's case about whether ecstasy is considered a performance-enhancing drug.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith declined to comment when reached by ESPN.com via email Tuesday.

Spence led Ohio State with 8.5 sacks and ranked second on the team with 14.5 tackles for loss. He had 52 total tackles, a forced fumble and four quarterback hurries.

Noah Spence of Ohio State Buckeyes suspended after testing positive for ecstasy - ESPN

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe don't take ecstacy and you won't be suspended. Funny that he is getting a longer suspension than an LSU player for weed.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ecstasy is not a performance-enhancing drug. Absolutely ridiculous.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Jameis Winston at that party? He needs to stop that.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and to test positive at all it either had to be significant amount he took or very very recently, within three days.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not convinced X should be illegal, it's really weak and has a natural way of limiting its use because it plainly doesnt work if it is used within a two week time frame. --- He did get the good shit though if it was liquid x in a drink.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be illegal, I agree. However it is.

You don't think X should be illegal? Surprising.

As far as the lawsuit is concerned... I don't believe Spence at all.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most street drugs should be regulated like alcohol and not illegal. Meth, heroin, and roofies probably should be illegal. I don't want a bunch of stoners filling out prisons. I want violent criminals to spend their full sentence there.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him on proving his drink was spiked. Unless someone was trying to r*pe him, people just dont waste their drugs like that.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most street drugs should be regulated like alcohol and not illegal. Meth, heroin, and roofies probably should be illegal. I don't want a bunch of stoners filling out prisons. I want violent criminals to spend their full sentence there.

My list reads like yours.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and to test positive at all it either had to be significant amount he took or very very recently, within three days.
That's what makes his story "somewhat" believable. Not sure how the testing system works (as far as how often, when etc..etc..) and maybe he didn't know it was banned?? Surely he wouldn't have knowingly taken recently, with a chance of missing your Bowl game....would he?

Article doesn't state when he was notified of the flunked test or when his first appeal was made or heard.... so we really don't know when he tested. Says he was banned for A season, not THE season...so it have to had happen after the season started.

If a player does test positive and appeals....does it vary on how long until the appeal is heard by the committee? Could he have played or allowed to continue to play in games before the appeals process is exhausted?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are an athlete, I would recommend three things:

1. Get a vasectomy when you leave for college and get it reversed when you retire.
2. Get all supplements and medications from the team doctors and only the team doctors.
3. Mix your own drinks and always bring your own to parties.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes his story "somewhat" believable. Not sure how the testing system works (as far as how often, when etc..etc..) and maybe he didn't know it was banned?? Surely he wouldn't have knowingly taken recently, with a chance of missing your Bowl game....would he?

Article doesn't state when he was notified of the flunked test or when his first appeal was made or heard.... so we really don't know when he tested. Says he was banned for A season, not THE season...so it have to had happen after the season started.

If a player does test positive and appeals....does it vary on how long until the appeal is heard by the committee? Could he have played or allowed to continue to play in games before the appeals process is exhausted?

I wouldn't assume he knew shit about how drug tests work and duration periods. - Most people don't. - I've got pothead friends who still think chugging vinegar or popping Goldenseal works, neither does. Time is your one friend and enemy and the only way to 'beat' one is substitution.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think innocent by reason of stupidity is a valid defense