• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buckeyes Noah Spence plans to sue B1G

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes his story "somewhat" believable. Not sure how the testing system works (as far as how often, when etc..etc..) and maybe he didn't know it was banned?? Surely he wouldn't have knowingly taken recently, with a chance of missing your Bowl game....would he?

Article doesn't state when he was notified of the flunked test or when his first appeal was made or heard.... so we really don't know when he tested. Says he was banned for A season, not THE season...so it have to had happen after the season started.

If a player does test positive and appeals....does it vary on how long until the appeal is heard by the committee? Could he have played or allowed to continue to play in games before the appeals process is exhausted?

They stated that the drug test was part of the Big Ten championship game, so it had to have been after that.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I did it and screw you!" - Would be the defense that would make me support him.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ecstasy is not a performance-enhancing drug. Absolutely ridiculous.

:agree::nod:

but, consider this, they (well ncaa) also think that tattoos make you faster and stronger.

It hurt not having spence out there though......... and Roby............and Bryant...........sigh.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to him on proving his drink was spiked. Unless someone was trying to r*pe him, people just dont waste their drugs like that.

I'm sure it was a Clemson plant at that party that spiked his drink. guaranteed. bank on it.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stated that the drug test was part of the Big Ten championship game, so it had to have been after that.
Which makes it somewhat believable that it could have been slipped to him. Why take it knowingly with such big games coming up...unless he didn't know it was banned?

Either way, it's going to hard to prove it was slipped to you.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes it somewhat believable that it could have been slipped to him. Why take it knowingly with such big games coming up...unless he didn't know it was banned?

Either way, it's going to hard to prove it was slipped to you.

Or he didn't know that they were going to be tested.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High grade X isn't all that dangerous (except for people with underlying health issues) but cheap club versions can be very dangerous. Mostly because most people don't know the strength of what they are getting and it tends to be cut with crap like Meth. My biggest problem with X is that it is a club drug and I don't like public use of drugs including alcohol. It leads to irresponsible behavior like driving home impaired. Do it at your home or at least a friends home. Not judging you if you go out drinking my any means. I'm just speaking of my own personal convictions. Many of these drugs wouldn't have been illegal if people would have used them responsibly years ago. Some is due to ignorance also but mostly people did dumb shit while taking them that drew attention to them.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop hanging out w/criminals and your drink won't get spiked. Why do some of these guys always choose to hang out w/the most worthless people in society?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take random drinks then.

What is he sueing for? Monetary gain? Does he expect Ohio state should be allowed to replay the orange bowl so he can play in it?

Stupid lawsuit is stupid.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take random drinks then.

What is he sueing for? Monetary gain? Does he expect Ohio state should be allowed to replay the orange bowl so he can play in it?

Stupid lawsuit is stupid.

My guess would be he would be suing for defamation, because NFL scouts and teams generally look down on drug-addled prospects. If he was wrongly accused, suing to reclaim his reputation could mean millions.

Again, that's just a guess.