• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for posting this, there's a real possibility that despite his public utterances Kirk has already decided to leave this team. Yes they will tag him again if necessary, but as I've written about on numerous other threads the smart tag (again if it come to that) is the Non Exclusive tag. The only difference will be in losing him this year vs next year, albeit that loss comes with considerable compensation this year and likely none at all next year. (2018 tag number $34million)

Agreed, but this is why if they do Tag Kirk, they will use the Exclusive rights tag. TO allow him to negotiate with other teams, leaves the chance that he gets an offer we could match, but wont really want to match.

I will say if the Niners are really going to give us two Number ones... I would be thrilled except that the QB class is underwhelming and I know we would likely draft one of them any way.

I'm excited too guys, I think this is where we all started talking about whether Watson or Trubisky would go at 17. And would we bring in a FA or just throw those guys in the fire. I'm sure this topic will be revisited once we get more info. The redskins public is kinda just being left hanging on a cliff in several areas regarding the coaches and players.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I could care less about the numbers that Kirk gets. The ONLY number that I actually care about is 13% which is the usual percentage of cap that QB's get and seemingly one that the organization is not willing to go too far beyond in negotiations. This is IMHO the ONLY reason that he has not been signed long term already. It is also why I have been pressing concerns about preparing to move on without him. Too many poster here seemed to have locked into this being the only recourse that the team has or that another indicator that in 2018 we lose Kirk after another tag this year. Some have even gone as far as writing that they are finished with this team if they let Kirk walk.

I'm not sure what all of this tells you, but to me at minimum apprehension among the natives, at the far end great fear. As you know worse case scenario must be considered and prepared for. This is not to say that anyone wants it to happen, just make others aware that it could happen and why.

BTW: after reading the last few posts here, I want to welcome those posters to our concerns.
i think he comes in at 24 mil per year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited too guys, I think this is where we all started talking about whether Watson or Trubisky would go at 17. And would we bring in a FA or just throw those guys in the fire. I'm sure this topic will be revisited once we get more info. The redskins public is kinda just being left hanging on a cliff in several areas regarding the coaches and players.

Based on what we saw from guys like Wilson, Wentz and Prescott... do you really think Danny will get a shiny new toy and NOT have it on the field. If we draft a QB in the first round, he starts from day one. Colt would again be the backup. And I seriously think Trubisky would be the let down in the owners eyes. He is a first round draft equivalent of Cousins for all intents. And i do believe that Cousins real draw back in the eyes of the owner at least is that he isnt exciting enough and doesnt make those eye popping off script plays like some of the more mobile QBs.

Side Nugget I kind of realized listening to a sports show on the way home. Had cousins won the Giants game, but we proceeded to lose to the Packers in the wild card round, people would have then been saying well he is just another Andy Dalton and we should be looking to get a better QB and he isnt worth the money.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for posting this, there's a real possibility that despite his public utterances Kirk has already decided to leave this team. Yes they will tag him again if necessary, but as I've written about on numerous other threads the smart tag (again if it come to that) is the Non Exclusive tag. The only difference will be in losing him this year vs next year, albeit that loss comes with considerable compensation this year and likely none at all next year. (2018 tag number $34million)

IF you are right and Kirk doesnt want to be here, you can kiss any idea of two first round picks for him goodbye. It will be another Champ Bailey situation where he talks to another team, and based on him not wanting to be here the other team will negotiate Something less than two first rounders to take a player that doesnt want to be here off our hands.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you are right and Kirk doesnt want to be here, you can kiss any idea of two first round picks for him goodbye. It will be another Champ Bailey situation where he talks to another team, and based on him not wanting to be here the other team will negotiate Something less than two first rounders to take a player that doesnt want to be here off our hands.

It's all supposition at this point and maybe they are purposefully being deliberate about announcing an agreement. You have to admit that Snyder, being the communication mogul that he is, likely is reading and monitoring as many fan posts and activity levels as he can tolerate click bait being what it is now days.

To your point about my supposition, I believe that even if Kirk wants out, there's a way to play their hand and get the compensation previously talked about. (I still think they will resign him though) I hope that you're wrong about the Champ Bailey reference, we actually got reamed on that one.

One other note, you were absolutely right about the % of cap being 23 million or so. I was using the NFL announced cap number (168 million) and forgot about the rollover monies and such. For that I stand corrected. Thank you!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all supposition at this point and maybe they are purposefully being deliberate about announcing an agreement. You have to admit that Snyder, being the communication mogul that he is, likely is reading and monitoring as many fan posts and activity levels as he can tolerate click bait being what it is now days.

To your point about my supposition, I believe that even if Kirk wants out, there's a way to play their hand and get the compensation previously talked about. (I still think they will resign him though) I hope that you're wrong about the Champ Bailey reference, we actually got reamed on that one.

One other note, you were absolutely right about the % of cap being 23 million or so. I was using the NFL announced cap number (168 million) and forgot about the rollover monies and such. For that I stand corrected. Thank you!

Got to admit, IM so tired of the whole Battered lover syndrome I see in this fan base (and the owner) over the RG3 failure. I almost hope they do what some of these guys here and on other sites are quietly hoping for. Let Kirk go to the Niners. But I think we end up giving them Kirk AND our #17 for the #2 over all and a 3rd rounder. Then drafting Watson. Because as much as some people aint going to admit it, they want a mobile QB in DC again.

The train wreck fan in me wants to see it happen just to watch the spin factor, excuse making and calls for Grudens head while they wonder... how come it worked for Dallas and Seattle, but once again we end up screwed.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now I guess I should have qualified that better and said find me some one who said Cousins was elite that wasnt throwing it out there for shock value. But fair enough it was said.

So onto the real issues though.

Its rather a known fact that Kirk didnt get much help from the defense. But I guess its the nature of the beast, teams win games, QB's lose games. But to sit here and deny that the TEAM needs more help on defense when 90% of the rational world will tell you, the Redskins need more help and talent on defense... well thats just asinine.

Just as to say, well the offense had an overall average of 4.5 yards per game so they dont need to improve the ground game is again asinine when we had more than a couple of games where they didnt even have 50 yards rushing in the game.

What makes you think G said it for shock value? I don't see that as the case. He was serious, so was reptec. And if that's what they think, that's what they think. I just happen to disagree. That wasn't the only thing that led me to saying some thought KC was elite. kbso and others believe Kirk made other players better. Do you believe that? If so I see that as anothetr trait of an elite player.

Where have I ever denied that the defense didn't need an upgrade? I haven't...ever. Of course the defense needs an upgrade. I just don't complain about the defense in every other post I make. While the other posts I make talk about how posters must want to cut Kirk Cousins and trade 3 draft picks. For a bag of nickels and rotten oranges. Because I'm overly butthurt that another poster has a different opinion about Kirk that's not as favorable as my opinion of KC.

Far as the running game goes. Whatever my opinion is of it, and its more favorable than most. I have always said that it to needs an upgrade in 2 specific areas. Goal line and short yardage. The problems as I see it in the running game are threefold. Playcalling, there was too much hero ball called by McVay imo. While it was still early in the season an article claimed Kirk was on pace to throw over 700 passes. That's insane and other than the Pitt game. The Skins imo didn't play another game all year that called for the type of pace from Kirk. Blocking, I imagine one of those games where the Skins had less than 50 yards rushing was against Carolina. Kelley seemed to get hit in the backfield or at the LOS on close to most of his carries in that game. It also seems that in short yardage and goal line, Too many times pressure came from the backside. RBs themselves. Thompson imo is ideally suited for his role. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a couple more touches in fact. Kelley while displaying great ball protection, I'm not quite sold that he's a feature back in a RBBC. Didn't see enough to form an opinion one way or the other on Brown and I see Matt Jones as a Stephen Jackson w/o the production type. Even with that size he's gonna end up hurt or injured too much.

As for his Salary, Kirk doesnt NEED $22M or more, but thats what its going to take to keep him because thats where the market for a starting QB is these days. But I swear on the money thing some of you guys sound like really old men with the whole "back in my day, these young whipper snappers would have gladly taken what the company offered and and not worried about what others were making."

At the end of the day its been shown that Aside from some really retarded number (upwards of $100M guaranteed) Kirks contract would not hinder this team from being able to improve in other areas. And before you blow a heart valve, Im not saying Kirk should get $100M guaranteed. Im just giving you a number where we would have to get in order for it to kill the teams ability to do anything else.

As far as what Kirk Needs, he needs to continue to improve, he isnt flawless... But he is a probably damn sight better than any QB available to us this coming off season. Because for all the trade talk, Green Bay aint giving us Rogers.

Yes, far as paying Kirk goes. While what you may be true far as paying Kirk not hurting the Skins cap-wise. Overpaying someone will imo come out in some negative way. As I see it. The Skins need at least 2 NFL already proven players. A NG or DT, someone who has shown he can eat up space in the middle and force multiple OL to have to block him on just about every play. And a leader type player which is typically a LB type. These players are going to want to be paid, deserve to be paid. I see it as the more money paid to Kirk means less money to acquire these type players. Its time to 86 the basement bargain hunting mentality and acquire some players who are more than stop gaps and career back up on the defensive side of the ball.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think G said it for shock value? I don't see that as the case. He was serious, so was reptec. And if that's what they think, that's what they think. I just happen to disagree. That wasn't the only thing that led me to saying some thought KC was elite. kbso and others believe Kirk made other players better. Do you believe that? If so I see that as anothetr trait of an elite player.

Where have I ever denied that the defense didn't need an upgrade? I haven't...ever. Of course the defense needs an upgrade. I just don't complain about the defense in every other post I make. While the other posts I make talk about how posters must want to cut Kirk Cousins and trade 3 draft picks. For a bag of nickels and rotten oranges. Because I'm overly butthurt that another poster has a different opinion about Kirk that's not as favorable as my opinion of KC.

Far as the running game goes. Whatever my opinion is of it, and its more favorable than most. I have always said that it to needs an upgrade in 2 specific areas. Goal line and short yardage. The problems as I see it in the running game are threefold. Playcalling, there was too much hero ball called by McVay imo. While it was still early in the season an article claimed Kirk was on pace to throw over 700 passes. That's insane and other than the Pitt game. The Skins imo didn't play another game all year that called for the type of pace from Kirk. Blocking, I imagine one of those games where the Skins had less than 50 yards rushing was against Carolina. Kelley seemed to get hit in the backfield or at the LOS on close to most of his carries in that game. It also seems that in short yardage and goal line, Too many times pressure came from the backside. RBs themselves. Thompson imo is ideally suited for his role. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a couple more touches in fact. Kelley while displaying great ball protection, I'm not quite sold that he's a feature back in a RBBC. Didn't see enough to form an opinion one way or the other on Brown and I see Matt Jones as a Stephen Jackson w/o the production type. Even with that size he's gonna end up hurt or injured too much.

Yes, far as paying Kirk goes. While what you may be true far as paying Kirk not hurting the Skins cap-wise. Overpaying someone will imo come out in some negative way. As I see it. The Skins need at least 2 NFL already proven players. A NG or DT, someone who has shown he can eat up space in the middle and force multiple OL to have to block him on just about every play. And a leader type player which is typically a LB type. These players are going to want to be paid, deserve to be paid. I see it as the more money paid to Kirk means less money to acquire these type players. Its time to 86 the basement bargain hunting mentality and acquire some players who are more than stop gaps and career back up on the defensive side of the ball.

OK first a question... Who the fuck is G??

Second... we signed Norman to a $75M dollar contract with $50M Guaranteed. His initial cap cost was $8M, and even with him costing $20M against the cap in 2017, we still have $60M+ in cap space. The big bad cap monster is dead. The Romo deal is THE last cap killer deal on the planet. With Cap dollar roll over, we would have to seriously fuck up for any market level deal to hurt us. And I dont see us giving any one that kind of deal including Kirk.

But as I said in a previous post... at this point Im in watch a train wreck mode. This fan base is so in battered bitch mode over the past QB failures that half of us would rather keep chasing the elite prospect, than remember that the three Super Bowl winning QBs we have had here in OUR life times were not Rogers, Wilson, Prescott types. They were more like Kirk than any one cares to admit.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK first a question... Who the fuck is G??

gkekoa I think is how he spells he SN.

Second... we signed Norman to a $75M dollar contract with $50M Guaranteed. His initial cap cost was $8M, and even with him costing $20M against the cap in 2017, we still have $60M+ in cap space. The big bad cap monster is dead. The Romo deal is THE last cap killer deal on the planet. With Cap dollar roll over, we would have to seriously fuck up for any market level deal to hurt us. And I dont see us giving any one that kind of deal including Kirk.

Perhaps. We'll see. Ragardless though....The Skins FO, no matter if its Scotty Mac or Snyder or Allen or somebody else have played their cards or at least I hope they have. Its time to get a deal done with KC. But if they don't get a deal done. They better have a hellified sumpthin sumpthin in pocket to break out with.

But as I said in a previous post... at this point Im in watch a train wreck mode. This fan base is so in battered bitch mode over the past QB failures that half of us would rather keep chasing the elite prospect, than remember that the three Super Bowl winning QBs we have had here in OUR life times were not Rogers, Wilson, Prescott types. They were more like Kirk than any one cares to admit.

Other than thinking you're rooting for Kirk more than the Skins. Which is something I can understand. The bitch who I love, but can't stand can do that to a man. I really don't know what you mean by the above statement. Maybe I'm trippin, but there seems to be some type pof secret message in the words. Unfortunately it seems that I've misplaced my coach spurrier secret decoder ring and as of right now. I haven't had any luck finding it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than thinking you're rooting for Kirk more than the Skins. Which is something I can understand. The bitch who I love, but can't stand can do that to a man. I really don't know what you mean by the above statement. Maybe I'm trippin, but there seems to be some type pof secret message in the words. Unfortunately it seems that I've misplaced my coach spurrier secret decoder ring and as of right now. I haven't had any luck finding it.

OK I will spell it out. I think this fanbase and the owner in particular cant and WONT accept Kirk because of what they expected and hoped RG3 would become. The only way Kirk gets half the love and respect of the previous guy was to win a Lombardi this year. The team fell short, and all we hear is.. well he isnt an elite QB so he doesnt deserve a long term deal unless its on the cheap. Alot of that has to do with him NOT being what they expected the last guy to be. Now again, I aint just basing this off of what I see on this sight granted. But what Im seeing on alot of Redskins fan sites.

So no its not about Kirk over the team, its about whats best for the team. And i have accepted that a portion of the fanbase, and I suspect the owner, are not really done mourning what we thought we had. And while Kirk isnt the reason the other guy failed. He was the benefactor. So much like some one that got cheated on by the last person, a decent portion of this fanbase (and yes the owner) is more comparing Kirk to what they expected from the last guy instead of accepting what he does or could bring. If he aint Superman, he will never be good enough.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I will spell it out. I think this fanbase and the owner in particular cant and WONT accept Kirk because of what they expected and hoped RG3 would become. The only way Kirk gets half the love and respect of the previous guy was to win a Lombardi this year. The team fell short, and all we hear is.. well he isnt an elite QB so he doesnt deserve a long term deal unless its on the cheap. Alot of that has to do with him NOT being what they expected the last guy to be. Now again, I aint just basing this off of what I see on this sight granted. But what Im seeing on alot of Redskins fan sites.

So no its not about Kirk over the team, its about whats best for the team. And i have accepted that a portion of the fanbase, and I suspect the owner, are not really done mourning what we thought we had. And while Kirk isnt the reason the other guy failed. He was the benefactor. So much like some one that got cheated on by the last person, a decent portion of this fanbase (and yes the owner) is more comparing Kirk to what they expected from the last guy instead of accepting what he does or could bring. If he aint Superman, he will never be good enough.

You're saying that a portion of the Washington Redskins fanbase as well as the team owner. Can't and won't accept Kirk Cousins due to the fact. That they are comparing KC to an RG3, that the real Robert Griffin himself never became. And you think that at least 1 poster to as many as 3 posters who frequent this site. Are among that portion of Skins fans of which you speak?

I'm gonna let this marinate and wait for a response or two. Just to make sure I didn't mis-read or incorrectly comprehend what you're saying.

Wow.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark - again don't portray this as the feelings of the entire fanbase. What you portray only perhaps is true of a very small % of the fanbase. I personally know very few Redskins fans who don't like Cousins & most want him to be the Redskins QB for a very long time. They also are way beyond even thinking about RG3 (& his play w/ the Browns certainly doesn't make any of us long for him).

I don't think that any sane Redskins fan was thinking SB this season. Overall they were also very pleased with the play of Cousins. It was not about him needing to reach this Rodgers like status. It was the fact that in clutch situation he flat out did not come through (regardless of the play of the defense or running game). Nobody - even Cousins - can deny that. However - as I have stated elsewhere - this is definitely something that he can overcome & also something that will be helped by having better players around him.

Your comments about Snyder are also pure speculation. For all that we know he may be in love with the play of Cousins. I have not heard of any reports actually stating that Snyder wants to move on from him. I can understand your take based on past experience, but it has no basis.

I would suggest just riding this out for another month or two. I see no reason why the two sides cannot come to some type of agreement. The opinions of the fans and the media won't decide any of this. This will all be done at Redskins Park & for all that we know they are setting the stage to get this done even as we speak. No reason for any gloom & doom type BS in the meantime.

HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Breed @SoCalWizFan

Guys Im saying that as far as the QB position is concerned, a portion of this fan base does act like they have had their hearts broken. And much like the next person in the life of some one who has had their heart broken, Kirk wont be good enough. Because the owner thought he had an elite QB three years ago. Kirk has to live up to THOSE standards. Think about it for a second.

At the end of the 2014 season the reforendum was... Well no one could win with the lack of talent on this team.

Now two years later... Same team save for these changes...

1. We got worse on Defense
2. We got Worse at RB
3. We did Improve the O-line

The overwhelming sentiment we here is.. .well any average QB could do what Kirk did.

And Socal, its not Gloom and Doom.

Just like some of us have said, well Screw Gus Bradley if we are nothing more than his fall back plan because he really wants to be some place else. IM sure there is a bit of the Screw it Im going to ask for Max dollar from Kirk. If they are saying the only reason we are signing you is because we have no other choice, but we wish we did... why should he give them a home town discount? At the end of the day, even if we do sign him long term, unless he becomes elite the owner and a portion of the fan base will always link him to what they thought we were going to get from the other guy. This is why part of me thinks the team would be better off moving on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark,

Why are you so concerned about the opinions of other fans? Who freaking cares. If they sign Cousins long term & he does well enough & they win fairly often that is all that matters. If a bunch of fans still are not satisfied well screw them.

The other guy is RG3 & basically sucks rt now & almost all of the blame falls on RG3 - nobody else. Therefore - I am confused as to why anyone would use him as a source of comparison. If they do then obviously they don't know much about football. It almost sounds like you would not mind things turning out badly for this team. I hope that is not the case.

In any case - relax - there are still a lot of things ready to unfold & very likely one of them is a long term extension for Cousins. For any fans who might get pissed at the extension - well - there are 31 other teams that might need more fans.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark,

Why are you so concerned about the opinions of other fans? Who freaking cares. If they sign Cousins long term & he does well enough & they win fairly often that is all that matters. If a bunch fans still are not satisfied well screw them.

The other guy is RG3 & basically sucks rt now & almost all of the blame falls on RG3 - nobody else. Therefore - I am confused as to why anyone would use him as a source of comparison. If they do then obviously they don't know much about football. It almost sounds like you would not mind things turning out badly for this team. I hope that is not the case.

In any case - relax - there are still a lot of things ready to unfold & very likely one of them is a long term extension for Cousins. For any fans who might get pissed at the extension - well - there are 31 other teams that might need more fans.

SoCal... We are at a point where the majority of the fanbase SHOULD be in lockstep or close to it on what the team needs going forward. Admittedly it does irk me that even when we shouldnt have a QB controversy, we wouldnt be the Redskins fanbase WITHOUT some form of QB Drama.

Again I dont think anyone is comparing Cousins to Griffin now. But unless he can become what Griffin was thought to be (elite) he will never be good enough for some. To me its still rather troubling that the Coach and GM had to basically corner the owner and convince him that starting Kirk was best for the team.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal... We are at a point where the majority of the fanbase SHOULD be in lockstep or close to it on what the team needs going forward. Admittedly it does irk me that even when we shouldnt have a QB controversy, we wouldnt be the Redskins fanbase WITHOUT some form of QB Drama.

Again I dont think anyone is comparing Cousins to Griffin now. But unless he can become what Griffin was thought to be (elite) he will never be good enough for some. To me its still rather troubling that the Coach and GM had to basically corner the owner and convince him that starting Kirk was best for the team.

Shark,

I agree with SoCalWiz. Forget fans who you believe are comparing KC to a Robert Griffin that never existed. Forget me if you think I'm one.

I also agree with SoCalWiz that Griffin is to blame for his present situation. With a bit of culpability falling on Big Shanny for leaving him in too long in the Sea game. The vast majority of blame though is Griffin's and his refusal to protect himself after he got to the NFL. It took his ass what? 5 years to learn how to half-ass slide and in his first game back after missing an entire season what's his dumb ass do? Tries to run over a DB and injues himself again. While he fooled me for a time, the bottom line is that Griffin was never very smart and doesn't possess a QB's acumen, at least not at the NFL level. Kirk may have some issues with ball protection, but no one can accuse him of being dumb.

If anyone wants that for Cousins, for him to be a dumb ass, fuck em. I do agree with you in part as far as Snyder goes though. He was the one pushing that Griffin start back in 2014 and had not Griffin hurt his triflin ass in the preseason. He would've opened up as our starter for the 2014 season. But if after 2 years of Cuz starting 32 games and Griffin having started 5 and his stats read under 60% comp, 6.0 ypa, with more INTs, 3, than TDs, 2. If Snyder or anyone else is still pining for what fuckin never was. Fuck them to.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark,

I agree with SoCalWiz. Forget fans who you believe are comparing KC to a Robert Griffin that never existed. Forget me if you think I'm one.

I also agree with SoCalWiz that Griffin is to blame for his present situation. With a bit of culpability falling on Big Shanny for leaving him in too long in the Sea game. The vast majority of blame though is Griffin's and his refusal to protect himself after he got to the NFL. It took his ass what? 5 years to learn how to half-ass slide and in his first game back after missing an entire season what's his dumb ass do? Tries to run over a DB and injues himself again. While he fooled me for a time, the bottom line is that Griffin was never very smart and doesn't possess a QB's acumen, at least not at the NFL level. Kirk may have some issues with ball protection, but no one can accuse him of being dumb.

If anyone wants that for Cousins, for him to be a dumb ass, fuck em. I do agree with you in part as far as Snyder goes though. He was the one pushing that Griffin start back in 2014 and had not Griffin hurt his triflin ass in the preseason. He would've opened up as our starter for the 2014 season. But if after 2 years of Cuz starting 32 games and Griffin having started 5 and his stats read under 60% comp, 6.0 ypa, with more INTs, 3, than TDs, 2. Snyder or anyone else is still pining for what fuckin never was. Fuck them to.

Breed... I dont think any fan... even his greatest die hard, wants griffin back. But I do think the owner, and some of the fanbase have a jaded view of Cousins because of what they expected Griffin to become for us. Thats all Im saying. Kind of like some one who got cheated on, that looks at every new person and always expects to get cheated on again.. or the new guy/girl is never quite good enough because they are scared.

And fuck yes I admit we as a fanbase are still scared. Four years ago we though we had an elite Franchise QB. He gets benched, and we end up with ... Kirk Cousins.

So its not about Griffin love, but his effect does still last to a degree.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark,

If anyone wants that for Cousins, for him to be a dumb ass, fuck em. I do agree with you in part as far as Snyder goes though. He was the one pushing that Griffin start back in 2014 and had not Griffin hurt his triflin ass in the preseason. He would've opened up as our starter for the 2014 season. But if after 2 years of Cuz starting 32 games and Griffin having started 5 and his stats read under 60% comp, 6.0 ypa, with more INTs, 3, than TDs, 2. If Snyder or anyone else is still pining for what fuckin never was. Fuck them to.

:suds:
Standing Ovation

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Breed You also got to think that Mike Shanahan rubbing it in Dans face that I was right and you were wrong any time he is asked about Cousins is NOT doing our front office any favors on getting the owner and team President on board if we DO actually intend to try and sign Cousins long term.

A bruised ego can lead to some really stupid decisions.