• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Fournette is better than Ezekiel Elliott and has been dubbed the next Adrian Peterson by multiple NFL scouts

So we should look at our entire off season and team building approach as lets make flashy moves to one up the Cowboys??

We been trying that since Snyder got here... what has it really gotten us??

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS we use that money in free agency for defense and maybe a couple offensive linemen

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS we use that money in free agency for defense and maybe a couple offensive linemen

With or without Cousins we are going to have cap space.

How much do you think Norman cost us against the cap last year?? We get rid of some of the dead weight and Cousins deal is a non factor in the big picture of the cap.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then with the 2nd and 17 overall picks select
1st- Leonard Fournette
1st- Deshaun Watson
images

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then with the 2nd and 17 overall picks select
1st- Leonard Fournette
1st- Deshaun Watson

unless his combine and interview sucks, Watson -- despite a 3rd round grade won't be there.
Too many new coaches and teams wanting to reboot at QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at our history on free agents . we hit on about half

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Hmm - the Falcons are going to the SB & might win it. Their defense gave up the 3rd most pts in the NFC. They win mainly because they have a superior offense. The Packers went to the NFC championship & they have NO defense. Dallas had the best record in the NFC and a subpar defense. Defense helps win championships, but it is not always the deciding factor.

Look at the 4 teams in this weeks playoffs. What was the common factor? A pro bowl QB. For most successful teams this is the key. Cousins is not there yet, but he is certainly capable of at least being a pro bowler. You ditch him & put your hopes on some young QB and 1. you will need to likely wait a few years & 2. you are rolling the dice w/ no guarantees.

Thank God that you don't run this team. You panic based on some media reports and on your perception about asst coaches before you even see their performance in running the various Redskins units. Thanks Vinny Jr.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Hmm - the Falcons are going to the SB & might win it. Their defense gave up the 3rd most pts in the NFC. They win mainly because they have a superior offense. The Packers went to the NFC championship & they have NO defense. Dallas had the best record in the NFC and a subpar defense. Defense helps win championships, but it is not always the deciding factor.

Look at the 4 teams in this weeks playoffs. What was the common factor? A pro bowl QB. For most successful teams this is the key. Cousins is not there yet, but he is certainly capable of at least being a pro bowler. You ditch him & put your hopes on some young QB and 1. you will need to likely wait a few years & 2. you are rolling the dice w/ no guarantees.

Thank God that you don't run this team. You panic based on some media reports and on your perception about asst coaches before you even see their performance in running the various Redskins units. Thanks Vinny Jr.

You just proved my point Cousins had all the receiving talent many QB'S would dream of and he failed

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears, Jets, Browns, Bills all potentially on the prowl for new QBs....good luck with that.

Good luck with what? At a minimum the Redskins can tag him & he can't go anywhere on his own this offseason. Very likely they extend him. Thanks for trolling.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with what? At a minimum the Redskins can tag him & he can't go anywhere on his own this offseason. Very likely they extend him. Thanks for trolling.
I meant, good luck trying to draft the QB you want with so many other teams looking for a QB in the first round.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just proved my point Cousins had all the receiving talent many QB'S would dream of and he failed

Where to begin? Did he have an elite running game like DAL or ATL? Was his O line on par with the likes of DAL or GB? Did he not just put up almost 5000 yds? Were some of his receivers not available at times due to injuries? Did the team just have back-to-back winning seasons in spite of some of the worst defense ever played?

Cousins didn't fail - he just came up somewhat short & needs to play better. You make it appear as if he can't get better. He can certainly make improvements to his game as can other members of the team. In addition they will no doubt add talent on both sides of the ball, but they don't need to go overboard with the high $$ moves like they did in the past.

I didn't say that they don't need to improve their defense - just that they don't need to have an elite defense to compete. They need a defense that at least won't always put the team in a hole. That is certainly attainable.

BTW - if you view Cousins as a failure then what exactly makes you think that it is given that they can find a replacement who can do better? This team has been searching for 20+ years for a capable QB & Cousins is the best that they have found to date. If they move on from him then their future is dicey even if they do improve the rest of the team. Oh well - don't let me spoil your fantasy world.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant, good luck trying to draft the QB you want with so many other teams looking for a QB in the first round.

OK - my bad. Don't include me in that group - I am hoping that they do everything in their power to retain Cousins & I feel pretty confident that they will.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Country - by advocating getting Fournette & Watson (two most well known names in draft) & having the Skins spend tons of money on free agency you sound exactly like Snyder and Cerrato in the past when they basically ran the team into the ground. It is all about making the media splash and having flashy names. This has generally proven to be a terrible approach.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes have had really good defenses throughout Adrian Peterson's career, at times tremendous defenses. How'd that work out? The only time they got close was that one big year by Favre.

Get a clue folks, the game is all about the QB. Kirk still has things to prove but he is clearly a top 10-12 QB. There is a reason top QBs never get traded.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to begin? Did he have an elite running game like DAL or ATL? Was his O line on par with the likes of DAL or GB?

Pass blocking-wise the Skins OL 606 pass att/23 sacks was better than all of them. GB OL 610 pass att/35 sacks, Dall OL 459 pass att/25 sacks, Atl OL 534 pass att/37 sacks.

Run blocking-wise Dallas was clearly better, but the Skins 379 rushes/1696 yd/4.4ypc/17 TDs were right there with GB's OL 374 rushes.1701 yd/4.5 ypc/11 TDs and Atl wasn't a whole lot bettter 421 rushes/1928 yd/4.5 ypc/ 20 TDs.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be so much happier in March, we are all arguing over speculation.
We can have better debates and opinions once we see moves by our team and others.