• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass blocking-wise the Skins OL 606 pass att/23 sacks was better than all of them. GB OL 610 pass att/35 sacks, Dall OL 459 pass att/25 sacks, Atl OL 534 pass att/37 sacks.

Run blocking-wise Dallas was clearly better, but the Skins 379 rushes/1696 yd/4.4ypc/17 TDs were right there with GB's OL 374 rushes.1701 yd/4.5 ypc/11 TDs and Atl wasn't a whole lot bettter 421 rushes/1928 yd/4.5 ypc/ 20 TDs.

You can throw out all of the stats that you like - no way in hell do the Redskins have a better O line than the Cowboys. ATL doesn't have a better O line, but their RBs are way better than the Redskins RBs & Jones is far superior to any WR on the Redskins (which is not saying that the Redskins don't have good WRs - just not one of the games' best). You make a decent pt about GB & I certainly won't argue that Cousins will ever be as good as Rodgers.

Also - as someone indicated previously - the QB plays a big role in number of sacks & Cousins is very good in this respect - knows how to use the pocket & usually not hold onto the ball too long. Moving forward he needs to learn when to throw it away or take a sack to avoid the killer pick. Again - he can learn this type of thing as part of his progression as a QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be so much happier in March, we are all arguing over speculation.
We can have better debates and opinions once we see moves by our team and others.

Thank You. This has basically been my take recently especially regarding the Cousins situation. No pt in debating rumors that may have absolutely no basis.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can throw out all of the stats that you like - no way in hell do the Redskins have a better O line than the Cowboys. ATL doesn't have a better O line, but their RBs are way better than the Redskins RBs & Jones is far superior to any WR on the Redskins (which is not saying that the Redskins don't have good WRs - just not one of the games' best). You make a decent pt about GB & I certainly won't argue that Cousins will ever be as good as Rodgers.

I just threw out 2 stats. Pass Attempts and Sacks. The Redskins have better numbers far as sacks per pass att than any team you named including the Cowboys.

I said nothing about Atl's RBs or Julio Jones, but OK.

Also - as someone indicated previously - the QB plays a big role in number of sacks & Cousins is very good in this respect - knows how to use the pocket & usually not hold onto the ball too long. Moving forward he needs to learn when to throw it away or take a sack to avoid the killer pick. Again - he can learn this type of thing as part of his progression as a QB.

So Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, and Dax Prescott didn't offer any help whatsoever to their respective OLs as it concerns avoiding sacks?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you know what I meant! He was the chosen one, he was amazing, he humiliated Dallas.
Somehow he didn't last long, nor did he bring home a Lombardi

He didn't humiliate Dallas. As a Redskin QB, he was 0-3 against Dallas.

Box Score - Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins, September 12, 1999 | The Football Database

Box Score - Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys, October 24, 1999 | The Football Database

Box Score - Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins, September 18, 2000 | The Football Database

He didn't last long cuz after his arm literally died at the end of the 99 season. And I'm sure his completely shitty postseason that same year didn't help. Including badly underthrowing a wide open Albert Connell in the divisional round against TB with a reallhy shitty pass that John Lynch INTed. He was a scrub.It didn't help that our best offensive player, Stephen Davis, had broken his forearm the week before in the wildcard win against Det.

In 2000 he was eventually benched and righfully so, after playing about 75% of the season. Next year he was gone. Johnson did mirror Griffin or vice versa a lotta ways though. A stupid ass trade bought him to DC, he had one good season, fell apart in the playoffs, was shitty the following year and gone soon after.

What are the worst NFL trades made for first round picks?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't humiliate Dallas. As a Redskin QB, he was 0-3 against Dallas.

Box Score - Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins, September 12, 1999 | The Football Database

Box Score - Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys, October 24, 1999 | The Football Database

Box Score - Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins, September 18, 2000 | The Football Database

He didn't last long cuz after his arm literally died at the end of the 99 season. And I'm sure his completely shitty postseason that same year didn't help. Including badly underthrowing a wide open Albert Connell in the divisional round against TB with a reallhy shitty pass that John Lynch INTed. He was a scrub.It didn't help that our best offensive player, Stephen Davis, had broken his forearm the week before in the wildcard win against Det.

In 2000 he was eventually benched and righfully so, after playing about 75% of the season. Next year he was gone. Johnson did mirror Griffin or vice versa a lotta ways though. A stupid ass trade bought him to DC, he had one good season, fell apart in the playoffs, was shitty the following year and gone soon after.

What are the worst NFL trades made for first round picks?

Breed... I think he was referring to Bob. And he WAS the chosen one. Brad was never the chosen one.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breed... I think he was referring to Bob. And he WAS the chosen one. Brad was never the chosen one.

Heh. I know at least one Skins fan that swears Johnson was, but word. I went back and re-read some things.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I know at least one Skins fan that swears Johnson was, but word. I went back and re-read some things.

Johnson was the best QB we had had around here since Ryp. Chosen no... but the "LETS GO FIND US A SEXY Back!" Mission that we went on after he left to help his next team win a Super Bowl... still kinda sticks in my craw.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson was the best QB we had had around here since Ryp. Chosen no... but the "LETS GO FIND US A SEXY Back!" Mission that we went on after he left to help his next team win a Super Bowl... still kinda sticks in my craw.

He wasn't gonna help the Redskins win a Super Bowl. He did shit all over the only legitimate chance the Skins had to do that in the 2000 playoffs.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fan that is STILL missing RG3 is Dan Synder. EVERYONE ELSE has moved on.
Dan could also feel insulted that a guy he NEVER wanted has leverage when it comes to money and the future success of this team. Although Cousins seems like a no-brainer pick, bad coaching, and bad defense contribute to doubts on whether he's worth so much money. Then others wonder if someone else can win as many games as Kirk but just game manage. Luck seems to be the only guy getting a pass for sucking. "he has no line, he has no coaches"

We dont even know this really. Dan may love Kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont even know this really. Dan may love Kirk.

If Dan Loved Kirk, he would have already been made the richest QB on the planet last year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I just finished reading every thread on this post. Want to know what I learned? :noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::postwhore:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Im naive, but I just dont think Dan's calling the shots. I think its Scot.

Maybe you are right and Dan is having very little input.

That would explain Dan's personal jet flying Norman and his family in last year and the team dropping $50M guaranteed on him.

But IM not buying that the real hold up here is Scot.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are right and Dan is having very little input.

That would explain Dan's personal jet flying Norman and his family in last year and the team dropping $50M guaranteed on him.

But IM not buying that the real hold up here is Scot.

I think Dan wants to win and if Scot says pull out the stops for Norman Dan is more than willing. I dont think Scot would still be here if he wasnt making the calls. But like I said - maybe Im just being naive.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan wants to win and if Scot says pull out the stops for Norman Dan is more than willing. I dont think Scot would still be here if he wasnt making the calls. But like I said - maybe Im just being naive.

Here's another thought. What if it is Scot calling the shots, but as both Kirk and Jay aren't peeps he handpicked. Scot wants to get rid of both and bring in guys he picks.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another thought. What if it is Scot calling the shots, but as both Kirk and Jay aren't peeps he handpicked. Scot wants to get rid of both and bring in guys he picks.

I guess that anything is possible, but I certainly hope this isn't the case. Are you willing to sit through a few more years of rebuilding & losing if say they move on w/ a young QB (even if it means possible success long term)? Some folks will automatically say yes but will also be bitching next season if the team w/ a new QB is not in the playoff hunt.

Some people will point to Prescott & make the case that the Redskins can win rt away w/ a young QB. That was a once in a lifetime situation. Can it be repeated? Sure, but the odds are slim. Again - I maintain that if SM takes the approach that you suggest then he is putting his job on the line since many fans & Snyder are not really the types who are willing to sit through a few more rebuilding years when they already have the key piece to building a good team - the QB.

We will see.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that anything is possible, but I certainly hope this isn't the case. Are you willing to sit through a few more years of rebuilding & losing if say they move on w/ a young QB (even if it means possible success long term)? Some folks will automatically say yes but will also be bitching next season if the team w/ a new QB is not in the playoff hunt.

Some people will point to Prescott & make the case that the Redskins can win rt away w/ a young QB. That was a once in a lifetime situation. Can it be repeated? Sure, but the odds are slim. Again - I maintain that if SM takes the approach that you suggest then he is putting his job on the line since many fans & Snyder are not really the types who are willing to sit through a few more rebuilding years when they already have the key piece to building a good team - the QB.

We will see.

I hope it isn't the case either, but as we're the Redskins anything could be possible. And if it is true, Scott wouldn't be the first person to treat the Skins like it was his real fantasy football team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it isn't the case either, but as we're the Redskins anything could be possible. And if it is true, Scott wouldn't be the first person to treat the Skins like it was his real fantasy football team.

Yep. As someone else mentioned I can't wait till a few months from now when things actually unfold & we are not just dealing w/ rumors and speculation.