• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I knew I would get some kind of scenario from you shark lol. I really don't care Shark. Just win baby just win and I gladly be happy that I was wrong.

IM good at 3 things on this board

1. What Ifs
2. Why the fuck would we do thats?
3. very strange comparatives that make you laugh even if you wont admit it. :thumb:

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM good at 3 things on this board

1. What Ifs
2. Why the fuck would we do thats?
3. very strange comparatives that make you laugh even if you wont admit it. :thumb:

Yes indeed I know that Shark. But I said what I said and I mean what said. KC has been here 5 yrs I just expect better that's all. He has to prove it to me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed I know that Shark. But I said what I said and I mean what said. KC has been here 5 yrs I just expect better that's all. He has to prove it to me.

Dude, it took 3 years plus an entire off season of his 4th year to convince the owner that we had royally fucked up. We ran an offense that was directly the polar opposite of Cousins skill set his first three years here. I get you wonder if he will ever get any better. I tend to wonder, how good might he be if his first three years werent dedicated to trying to make him look just good enough to be trade bait.

And yes I still wish I could have been in the room shortly after the draft party when the owner realized that Mike had pulled a fast one and drafted Kirk while Danny was busy with the look at my new toy dog and pony show.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to get any better. It's that simple.

So.. do you expect him to regress?? If not, whats the problem with a QB who averages just under 4500 yards passing and 25 TDs a season as a starter??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to get any better. It's that simple.
Why? Has he not made huge strides since he became the starter 2 years ago? Why isn't in possible that he continues to improve with more experience?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it took 3 years plus an entire off season of his 4th year to convince the owner that we had royally fucked up. We ran an offense that was directly the polar opposite of Cousins skill set his first three years here. I get you wonder if he will ever get any better. I tend to wonder, how good might he be if his first three years werent dedicated to trying to make him look just good enough to be trade bait.

And yes I still wish I could have been in the room shortly after the draft party when the owner realized that Mike had pulled a fast one and drafted Kirk while Danny was busy with the look at my new toy dog and pony show.
Yeah, I can only imagine Dans response when he heard mike drafted cousins. Something like "He did what? That mother fucker....get him on the phone!"

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will believe it when he is resigned.. not tagged, not the President saying its going to happen... When he is resigned.
Allen doesn't say or do anything that Dan doesn't agree with.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen doesn't say or do anything that Dan doesn't agree with.

Very true. So I guess for those of us wanting to see Cousins signed long term, this is a positive sign. But there is always the out of them lowballing him again, tagging him and skating the fine line of I told you Kirk would be here. I just didnt say he would be here long term.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can only imagine Dans response when he heard mike drafted cousins. Something like "He did what? That mother fucker....get him on the phone!"

Got to think Mike drafting Kirk was actually the beginning of the end for that relationship from Dan's side of things. From Mikes side, it might have been when he looked shocked as fuck to find out we had traded as much as we did to move up in the draft. 2012 started a major power struggle inside Ashburn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean will not be the only one to have a cow. I will also. But hey if we do decide to overpay a QB who has never won a playoff game or any big game for that matter is I feel a big mistake. I do not think he can get any better. If we do sign him and there is no improvement oh boy!!!!!! However if he does prove me wrong then I will eat my poop and gladly so. Just as long as my Skins win, that all that matters.
i dont know the season before he won 4 big games in a row and we went to the playoffs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will believe it when he is resigned.. not tagged, not the President saying its going to happen... When he is resigned.
allen is the mouthpiece for dan mr CSI :D:kissass:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know the season before he won 4 big games in a row and we went to the playoffs

Alot of people are feeling their inner Janet Jackson when it comes to Cousins right now.

What have you done for me lately is the theme song of alot of Skins fans when it comes to Cousins.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool stat. Sort of shoots a hole in the theory that some of been telling us that he throw only short passes that his receivers turn into big plays. Most air yards by any QB. :thumb:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool stat. Sort of shoots a hole in the theory that some of been telling us that he throw only short passes that his receivers turn into big plays. Most air yards by any QB. :thumb:
Yeah, that's one of those labels that KC got very early on that he never really deserved. Of course, now those same folks are saying that this achievement is only because of the receivers he has and any QB could have these numbers with this talent in this system (except RG3, of course since we saw him with most of this talent and he couldn't do it).

There is no doubt that KC benefited by having such a talented receiving corps. But to not recognized and give credit that KC still had to make the read and put the ball accurately into the receiver's hands is being either unfair or uneducated about how hard it is to do what a QB does in the NFL. And the last 2 years, KC has been one of the best at doing it. And to say that we could get many QBs in here to replace KC and not lose production is idiotic.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't helieve how many fans on other boards are in favor of trading him to build the defense. The #2 pick could turn out to be Lawrence Taylor but since his QB was Jeff Rutlidge, well we saw how that turned out. I just can't believe the team will be that stupid.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't helieve how many fans on other boards are in favor of trading him to build the defense. The #2 pick could turn out to be Lawrence Taylor but since his QB was Jeff Rutlidge, well we saw how that turned out. I just can't believe the team will be that stupid.

Yep & in Taylor's day defenses actually were allowed to play - no constant calls against DBs, no non-stop roughing the passers, no 5000 yd passers, etc. This is a different era that favors the offense. People like to cite last year's Broncos in stating that defense is more important just like they cite Prescott as an example of how a rookie QB can take over rt away. Both of those are the exceptions & not the rules.

Sure the Skins have to improve their defense but not at the risk of rolling the dice at the QB position. Cousins will be extended.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean will not be the only one to have a cow. I will also. But hey if we do decide to overpay a QB who has never won a playoff game or any big game for that matter is I feel a big mistake. I do not think he can get any better. If we do sign him and there is no improvement oh boy!!!!!! However if he does prove me wrong then I will eat my poop and gladly so. Just as long as my Skins win, that all that matters.

I have been critical of Cousins many times, but I realize that signing him is the key for this team unless you perhaps might enjoy watching this team go through the next few seasons w/ a losing record.

Why in the world would you state the you don't think that Cousins can get any better? He has made major strides over the past two years. In addition - he is a hard worker and very intelligent. All of this would pt to the ability to improve in other areas (e.g. red zone efficiency). BTW - your take could have also perhaps been applied to Matt Ryan. Many fans were also ready to give up on this guy & look at where he is at now.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting link on KC's stats.

Quarterback Air Yards: 2016 NFL Season

What's interesting from this list is that Tom Brady is 24th, behind Blake Bortles (18th) among others.

Perhaps a few takeaways:

-Air yards don't really matter, if you have a highly effective qb at the helm.
-speedsters who "take the top" off the defense don't really matter either (see point 1).

What you really need is an accurate qb who is in a system that plays to their strengths that they can grow and develop in.

OT: I think the Pats are in trouble in the Super Bowl. They don't throw deep that much, and the falcons have the speed in the lb corps to keep up with the small, shifty guys the Pats deploy (edelman, amandola).