• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matty Ice always had a "higher floor" then KC did, as determined by "scouts," but I think your point is well taken, SoCal.

A possible concern could be if KC's continued mental development lines up with his physical ability 4 years down the road. Frankly, the only thing I remember from last offseason is a few pictures of KC in London, and that his van died before Richmond.

Does he go above and beyond all the things he's supposed to do in the offseason to be ready for the next season? There's a reason, for example, that Tom Brady played admirably this year and it has little to do with his system, or his ability. It's the fact that he's crazy - diet, workouts, studying - in the offseason too.

Same with Peyton Manning.

The true franchise qb's work 24/7/365ish.

I don't think we (the general population) know enough about what KC does in the offseason to make that determination.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been critical of Cousins many times, but I realize that signing him is the key for this team unless you perhaps might enjoy watching this team go through the next few seasons w/ a losing record.

Why in the world would you state the you don't think that Cousins can get any better? He has made major strides over the past two years. In addition - he is a hard worker and very intelligent. All of this would pt to the ability to improve in other areas (e.g. red zone efficiency). BTW - your take could have also perhaps been applied to Matt Ryan. Many fans were also ready to give up on this guy & look at where he is at now.
It amazes me when fans say he hasn't won a playoff game yet. He is in year 2 as a starter and year 2 of a rebuild. But he hasn't won a playoff game yet. Jeez. Who the fuck do they think they are going to get that could have reasonably done this? And some wonder why others believe that there are ulterior motives for the KC criticism.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me when fans say he hasn't won a playoff game yet. He is in year 2 as a starter and year 2 of a rebuild. But he hasn't won a playoff game yet. Jeez. Who the fuck do they think they are going to get that could have reasonably done this? And some wonder why others believe that there are ulterior motives for the KC criticism.

Absolutely right.

Also, KC doesn't win or not win a playoff game by himself. KC didn't miss the field goal in London, for example, or give up the game winning drive in Detroit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matty Ice always had a "higher floor" then KC did, as determined by "scouts," but I think your point is well taken, SoCal.

A possible concern could be if KC's continued mental development lines up with his physical ability 4 years down the road. Frankly, the only thing I remember from last offseason is a few pictures of KC in London, and that his van died before Richmond.

Does he go above and beyond all the things he's supposed to do in the offseason to be ready for the next season? There's a reason, for example, that Tom Brady played admirably this year and it has little to do with his system, or his ability. It's the fact that he's crazy - diet, workouts, studying - in the offseason too.

Same with Peyton Manning.

The true franchise qb's work 24/7/365ish.

I don't think we (the general population) know enough about what KC does in the offseason to make that determination.

Sean McVay convinced Kirk Cousins will keep improving

From this article:

"You see the work ethic and the motivation he has, and you see how important it is," McVay said. "It’s why I love doing what I do as a coach."

That is probably the best endorsement that you are going to get. All previous indications are that Cousins spent a lot of time practicing on his own (at other sites & going to Jon Gruden's camp) & reviewing video. IMO - this is much more important then the time spent working out by folks like RG3 in the offseason (that is needed but not at the expense of actually learning the position).

I am sure that Cousins also watches his diet, works out etc & it shows since he is pretty athletic.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good catch, socal. I forgot about that article.

:suds:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to cite last year's Broncos in stating that defense is more important just like they cite Prescott as an example of how a rookie QB can take over rt away. Both of those are the exceptions & not the rules.

Yep. Tell that to Dad who attempted to use the Broncos to "prove" his position when it's clear that was the exception. I mean the numbers are right there for all to see. Again you don't need to have a top 3 QB but the notion that you can get by with an average one with a great team around him is simply not supported by the facts.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Tell that to Dad who attempted to use the Broncos to "prove" his position when it's clear that was the exception. I mean the numbers are right there for all to see. Again you don't need to have a top 3 QB but the notion that you can get by with an average one with a great team around him is simply not supported by the facts.

Yep - all that you have to do is look at the two teams in this years SB. With an average QB the Falcons are likely not in the playoffs. In the same situation the Pats likely would be in the playoffs, but a SB appearance is highly unlikely & they might be bounced early. The Final Four consisted of 4 veteran QBs who were certainly well above average.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we were hearing on Sports Center and all the talking head shows on a weekly basis how impressive Cousins has been. If his name was constantly mentioned in talks for things like MVP. If we were constantly being told how exciting Cousins is.... I get the feeling he would get alot more respect from some portions of this fan base.

Instead we hear 1.5 years of production might not be enough to make a commitment. Any one should have been able to do what Cousins did with the weapons around him. He comes up short and costs us big games. He hasnt won a playoffs game.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - all that you have to do is look at the two teams in this years SB. With an average QB the Falcons are likely not in the playoffs. In the same situation the Pats likely would be in the playoffs, but a SB appearance is highly unlikely & they might be bounced early. The Final Four consisted of 4 veteran QBs who were certainly well above average.

But...but...but...Trent Dilfer did it. Exactly once. With the one of the best defenses in history.

:D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were hearing on Sports Center and all the talking head shows on a weekly basis how impressive Cousins has been. If his name was constantly mentioned in talks for things like MVP. If we were constantly being told how exciting Cousins is.... I get the feeling he would get alot more respect from some portions of this fan base.

Instead we hear 1.5 years of production might not be enough to make a commitment. Any one should have been able to do what Cousins did with the weapons around him. He comes up short and costs us big games. He hasnt won a playoffs game.
I just don't get it. And to claim that he can't get better is baffling. He is still a relatively young QB in terms of games played. He is still learning the game at this level and how to read defenses. Physically, he may be what he is, but mentally there is still much growth to occur. Who knows what he turns out to be. But he is by no means a finished product.

I just can't believe that anyone would want to go back into that QB russian roulette game we were in for the last 2 decades over a few million dollars of Snyder's money or the possibility that KC might be the highest paid QB for a brief moment in time. It makes no sense whatsoever.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco and Wilson arent really comparable though. Flacco played randomly out of his mind in the playoffs that year - not something I want to be reliant on for a SB run. Wilson is just good.

Agree, but I think that Shark was being sarcastic.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the last paragraph from the Kiem article.

You don't just pay Cousins whatever he wants; you pay the going rate and make a smart deal for both sides. If it's not to your liking, then you move on. But the Redskins keep saying the right things. We'll find out in the next month or so how much they really mean it.

Gee, I wonder who said that on here?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the last paragraph from the Kiem article.

You don't just pay Cousins whatever he wants; you pay the going rate and make a smart deal for both sides. If it's not to your liking, then you move on. But the Redskins keep saying the right things. We'll find out in the next month or so how much they really mean it.

Gee, I wonder who said that on here?

I have been telling you this several times. Basically - Cousins can ask for the moon, but he isn't getting it. They will settle on a high but reasonable amt. Why is this so tough for you to figure out?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me that you went from a Cousins lover to a Cousins hater in such a short period of time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me that you went from a Cousins lover to a Cousins hater in such a short period of time.

No. Not a hater but people on here want to give him a blank check. I understand this situation perfectly. I want to have him back but if he gets greedy I would take the picks and move on. No player is above the team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but I think that Shark was being sarcastic.

Only slightly.. .the man love for guys like Wilson and Prescott that I see is kinda revolting at times.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only slightly.. .the man love for guys like Wilson and Prescott that I see is kinda revolting at times.

I dont particularly like either guy but Wilson at least is a pretty good QB. Prescott played well this year but theres a lot to determine there I think.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not a hater but people on here want to give him a blank check. I understand this situation perfectly. I want to have him back but if he gets greedy I would take the picks and move on. No player is above the team.

NO one has said give him a blank check. BUt you do pay him what its gonig to cost to keep him unless its some rediculous number in line with what the rest of the league is getting paid.

If he asks for a contract bigger than Luck, sorry but thats what its going to take. Or you could try and pay him like a backup and watch us do something dumb next year when he walks.