• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but let me ask first if you have one, what is the "take a hike" amount that Kirk and his reps insist on where you say bye Kirk? Scott's seem to be, based on last year.. anything above the usual % of cap (13%) that QB's usually earn. This year it's $22million per. I honestly believe that last year had Kirk and his reps countered with an amount at or near that %, there would have been a deal done then. They had in their pocket at the time, a guarantee of 20 million then, that number rises to 24 million this year.
28 mil a year 90 mil guaranteed because as much as we gripe about the cost it will be obsolete in 3 years

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 mil a year 90 mil guaranteed because as much as we gripe about the cost it will be obsolete in 3 years

Dude.. I heard sphincters tighten up reading those numbers. :lol:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskin fans...:lol:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. I heard sphincters tighten up reading those numbers. :lol:
he asked for the high end . look the guaranteed money is the issue we will have some kind of option in there

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he asked for the high end . look the guaranteed money is the issue we will have some kind of option in there

You know me, I could throw cap number around that would make Kirk the richest QB in the league, and still make it so we could cut him next year without it killing the cap. But then people would say.. .but the dead cap space if (when) he sucks.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a diabolical plot to create some leverage for Cuz but I do think Sean's honest opinion of Kirk certainly serves him in his new position in LA

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a diabolical plot to create some leverage for Cuz but I do think Sean's honest opinion of Kirk certainly serves him in his new position in LA

I dont envy our GM on this one. The choice is as clear as mud, and no matter how he plays it, if this team isnt in serious contention for a Lombardi in the next two seasons... the natives (Danny mostly) will start to get restless.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna make or break Scot how he handles the Kirk decision and how the team looks at the end of next year...

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna make or break Scot how he handles the Kirk decision and how the team looks at the end of next year...

Man, I really do believe Kyle pushes for Cutler or Cousins. Houston, Washington, Cleveland, ATL....as long as he has someone competent enough to play at an elite level, he's happy. Curious what he'll run on defense though.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time for Kirk Cousins to get paid — by the Redskins

Great article on this subject. I think that Boswell states this very well. Cousins is not elite at this time. However - he is just what the Redskins need, and he rates high in all QB categories & his receivers are not as elite as they are sometimes portrayed. Cousins also certainly has the ability to get better (better - not elite) & overcome some of the negatives that have plagued him over the past few seasons. Pay the man his money.

Cuz has gotten better and better each year. He's not elite now but it's in the realm of possibility that he may one day.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record, I could care less about the numbers that Kirk gets. The ONLY number that I actually care about is 13% which is the usual percentage of cap that QB's get and seemingly one that the organization is not willing to go too far beyond in negotiations. This is IMHO the ONLY reason that he has not been signed long term already. It is also why I have been pressing concerns about preparing to move on without him. Too many poster here seemed to have locked into this being the only recourse that the team has or that another indicator that in 2018 we lose Kirk after another tag this year. Some have even gone as far as writing that they are finished with this team if they let Kirk walk.

I'm not sure what all of this tells you, but to me at minimum apprehension among the natives, at the far end great fear. As you know worse case scenario must be considered and prepared for. This is not to say that anyone wants it to happen, just make others aware that it could happen and why.

BTW: after reading the last few posts here, I want to welcome those posters to our concerns.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz has gotten better and better each year. He's not elite now but it's in the realm of possibility that he may one day.

Absolutely. He mainly needs to handle the pressure situations better & play better in key games against quality opponents. That certainly would appear to be fixable.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I could care less about the numbers that Kirk gets. The ONLY number that I actually care about is 13% which is the usual percentage of cap that QB's get and seemingly one that the organization is not willing to go too far beyond in negotiations. This is IMHO the ONLY reason that he has not been signed long term already. It is also why I have been pressing concerns about preparing to move on without him. Too many poster here seemed to have locked into this being the only recourse that the team has or that another indicator that in 2018 we lose Kirk after another tag this year. Some have even gone as far as writing that they are finished with this team if they let Kirk walk.

I'm not sure what all of this tells you, but to me at minimum apprehension among the natives, at the far end great fear. As you know worse case scenario must be considered and prepared for. This is not to say that anyone wants it to happen, just make others aware that it could happen and why.

BTW: after reading the last few posts here, I want to welcome those posters to our concerns.

Our total projected cap number for 2017 is $183,055,131

13% of that is $23,797,167.03

So um..... $24M is 13.1% of the cap

We got ALL off season, or atleast until July 15 Hoss. :D

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Kyle will go to SF and make a play for Cuz"
Going back to the OP's theme for a second-- has anyone seen the ridiculous amount of cap space SF will have after releasing Kapernick, Brooks, and Bethea? We really could see Cousins tagged and then traded to SF for 2 picks.
If unproven rookies are getting more than that...an above average, no flags guy who already knows the system would be a no-brainer. They could give Cousins 25mil just in base and still have 90mil to spend.

That's probably repetitive fodder being spewed BUT i'm just saying. oh yes actually we have discussed this in length, lol.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our total projected cap number for 2017 is $183,055,131

13% of that is $23,797,167.03

So um..... $24M is 13.1% of the cap

We got ALL off season, or atleast until July 15 Hoss. :D

You still seem to want to argue this point with me, while I consistently insist that I have no control over where your concerns come from. The precedence has been set a year ago, it doesn't mean that SM and company won't move from that position but it is all that we have to go on. I still insist that we who love and passionately follow this team prepare ourselves as if worse case scenario becomes reality. Anything less, and we're setting ourselves up for a whole lot of personal anguish. Something that is not unusual for Washington fans!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to the OP's theme for a second-- has anyone seen the ridiculous amount of cap space SF will have after releasing Kapernick, Brooks, and Bethea? We really could see Cousins tagged and then traded to SF for 2 picks.
If unproven rookies are getting more than that...an above average, no flags guy who already knows the system would be a no-brainer. They could give Cousins 25mil just in base and still have 90mil to spend.

That's probably repetitive fodder being spewed BUT i'm just saying. oh yes actually we have discussed this in length, lol.

Agreed, but this is why if they do Tag Kirk, they will use the Exclusive rights tag. TO allow him to negotiate with other teams, leaves the chance that he gegts an offer we could match, but wont really want to match.

I will say if the Niners are really going to give us two Number ones... I would be thrilled except that the QB class is underwhelming and I know we would likely draft one of them any way.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still seem to want to argue this point with me, while I consistently insist that I have no control over where your concerns come from. The precedence has been set a year ago, it doesn't mean that SM and company won't move from that position but it is all that we have to go on. I still insist that we who love and passionately follow this team prepare ourselves as if worse case scenario becomes reality. Anything less, and we're setting ourselves up for a whole lot of personal anguish. Something that is not unusual for Washington fans!

Dude, IM just replying to the notion that 13% is or should be some sort of sticking pointy. If thats the case, and $24M is 13% of our cap space.... non issue right?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you for posting this, there's a real possibility that despite his public utterances Kirk has already decided to leave this team. Yes they will tag him again if necessary, but as I've written about on numerous other threads the smart tag (again if it come to that) is the Non Exclusive tag. The only difference will be in losing him this year vs next year, albeit that loss comes with considerable compensation this year and likely none at all next year. (2018 tag number $34million)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, IM just replying to the notion that 13% is or should be some sort of sticking pointy. If thats the case, and $24M is 13% of our cap space.... non issue right?

NOPE, you seem to forget that they offered him 16 million last year, well under that number!