• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - let's really clarify this. I would like to get replies from any posters here who want the Redskins to get rid of Cousins prior to next season. For arguments sake let's say that they get a #1 in the top 5-10 of this years draft & a third round pick next season. Anyone here ready to pull the trigger on that? I am not.

Great post, and reasonable. But I might point out its kinda like asking the guys at the office... who would you leave your wife for.... when all the guys know your wife.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, IM primarily replying to three posters HERE who have been hoe hum wishy washy on the Kirk thing. Breed in particular has adopted the line that some of us have some how painted Kirk as an elite QB, or that there are those who wouldnt trade Cousins for Rogers. SO no Im not referring to some random over the top fans. Im replying to our own in house over the top fans.

That was just the first mock I pulled. Most have Watson all over the place. Walters has him at #23 to the Giants. So again him being there at 17 is not as far fetched as some would think.

Are you bipolar or some shit? I gotta go, got an appt with an ass cancer doctor at 8:30, but I didn't adopt shit and posters damn sure did some painting. Fuck I'm glad I gotta go right now.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, IM primarily replying to three posters HERE who have been hoe hum wishy washy on the Kirk thing. Breed in particular has adopted the line that some of us have some how painted Kirk as an elite QB, or that there are those who wouldnt trade Cousins for Rogers. SO no Im not referring to some random over the top fans. Im replying to our own in house over the top fans.

That was just the first mock I pulled. Most have Watson all over the place. Walters has him at #23 to the Giants. So again him being there at 17 is not as far fetched as some would think.

Thats because some of the talk has gotten a little crazy. Its a lot more real than all the supposed posters who hate kirk and want him gone.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because some of the talk has gotten a little crazy. Its a lot more real than all the supposed posters who hate kirk and want him gone.

Find me one poster that has said Kirk is Elite.

Not has played at an elite level at times, but Kirk is elite.

I'll wait.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If Kyle is smart and he wants Kirk, if the front office feels he is even half as useless as some fans. Kyle would offer Kaepernick and a 7th straight up for Kirk. It would be $4 million less than over paying Kirk. And we could then use the 17th on Watson and all would be right with the world.
:wtf:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, if you don't pay Kirk who the heck is going to play QB? Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkinva

Who are these Kirk haters? @Stymietee ? @Breed ? @ehb5 ? if that is who you are referring to... all have posted they think signing Kirk to a LTD is what's best right now.

The discussion/dividing point is for how much $$$.

Kirk isn't elite, he may grow to be. Think we all agree on this. And he's shown he can efficiently run Jays offense. How much is that worth?

Answers will vary, but its NOT outlandish that some don't agree with 'pay the man anything' to get this sitch sorted, no matter the endless lack of QB talent this team has had.

The label of 'Kirk hater' has been born upon this divider. As has, who should replace him, when that's not the point.

Point is what's the $$$/trade amount that is the team's breaking point?

Even you agree...and imply with hyperbole (Kap ex) that the team has a $breaking point.

I remain optimistic the FO will make an intelligent decision (I get why some do not) on Kirk and if he walks they have a Plan B in place.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant see why any team would give up 2 1st rounders for a qb who is not elite nor has a chance to be . because that would be the determination of washington if he is allowed to go . that he can be easily be replaced for less money .

they would be saying colt mccoy can put up 4000 yds 25tds and 12 ints and win 10 games KC couldnt because KC cant win big games

so if colt can do it why spend 2 first rounders on a cock tease?

or they are willing to go to a 5-6 win in order to draft the next big deal at qb and hope they can build up the team around said unnamed phenom

i think waiting the skins out is a better move

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkinva

Who are these Kirk haters? @Stymietee ? @Breed ? @ehb5 ? if that is who you are referring to... all have posted they think signing Kirk to a LTD is what's best right now.

The discussion/dividing point is for how much $$$.

Kirk isn't elite, he may grow to be. Think we all agree on this. And he's shown he can efficiently run Jays offense. How much is that worth?

Answers will vary, but its NOT outlandish that some don't agree with 'pay the man anything' to get this sitch sorted, no matter the endless lack of QB talent this team has had.

The label of 'Kirk hater' has been born upon this divider. As has, who should replace him, when that's not the point.

Point is what's the $$$/trade amount that is the team's breaking point?

Even you agree...and imply with hyperbole (Kap ex) that the team has a $breaking point.

I remain optimistic the FO will make an intelligent decision (I get why some do not) on Kirk and if he walks they have a Plan B in place.

Sty has been adamant that he would prefer we Tag Kirk and keep looking to get a better QB.

Breed has written entire novels on how Kirk is OK.. but he aint no Rogers and shouldnt be paid as such.

EBH... well he has backed off a bit admittedly. BUt still seems to roll with Im fine if we sign him long term.. but we shouldnt over pay him and the Market for a QB right now would be overpaying Kirk unless I read him wrong. ( and yes it is possible I read him wrong)

Now I havent seen any one say pay him anything. But I have seen quite a few say, the market is what it is. And to keep saying well he isnt worth the market is in a way saying, he isnt really worth retaining unless its on a team friendly deal.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty has been adamant that he would prefer we Tag Kirk and keep looking to get a better QB.

Breed has written entire novels on how Kirk is OK.. but he aint no Rogers and shouldnt be paid as such.

EBH... well he has backed off a bit admittedly. BUt still seems to roll with Im fine if we sign him long term.. but we shouldnt over pay him and the Market for a QB right now would be overpaying Kirk unless I read him wrong. ( and yes it is possible I read him wrong)

Now I havent seen any one say pay him anything. But I have seen quite a few say, the market is what it is. And to keep saying well he isnt worth the market is in a way saying, he isnt really worth retaining unless its on a team friendly deal.
So, no Kirk Haters, just different views on $$$ value and/or team strategy in terms of $$$

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Cousin's bowling with Dan? If not I don't know if he is long term. Dan likes bowlers. :scratch:

Socal - love the line "Okay - let's clarify this." It apparently hasn't been clarified in 65634689946469537 posts so good luck. :thumb:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark - if we can sign Cousin's for a dollar two ninety eight I am all in. I'll even chip in a dollar. At that salary we can still draft DeShone Watsun Mitch Mahomes. :yes:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, no Kirk Haters, just different views on $$$ value and/or team strategy in terms of $$$
but that is hater code cover up ! dont you get it cali ? :D

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Cousin's bowling with Dan? If not I don't know if he is long term. Dan likes bowlers. :scratch:

Socal - love the line "Okay - let's clarify this." It apparently hasn't been clarified in 65634689946469537 posts so good luck. :thumb:

Apparently it hasn't since even in this thread there is a lot of miscommunication & nobody appears to be agreeing on people's views on the subject. But hey feel free to dig at me all that you like - enjoy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't matter what he is worth. That is completely subjective. It is completely supply and demand driven. It doesn't matter what the fans think - all that matters is what the Redskins FO thinks & also the opinions of the other teams.

If they truly believe that Cousins is not worth the real big money then they would be gambling either this offseason or the following one (by either letting him go or grossly overpaying him w/ consecutive tags). If they decide to gamble & go in another direction then the coach & GM are gambling on their jobs, and the owner is risking losing fan support and ultimately $$.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what he is worth. That is completely subjective. It is completely supply and demand driven. It doesn't matter what the fans think - all that matters is what the Redskins FO thinks & also the opinions of the other teams.

If they truly believe that Cousins is not worth the real big money then they would be gambling either this offseason or the following one (by either letting him go or grossly overpaying him w/ consecutive tags). If they decide to gamble & go in another direction then the coach & GM are gambling on their jobs, and the owner is risking losing fan support and ultimately $$.

I think you already know where i stand. Kirk is worth market value. Im not looking for reasons not to resign him and basing it off of what we will pay him, or the slim chance that we will luck into the next Wilson/Prescott.

Now if word comes out Kirk wants $30M a year guaranteed plus his own private jet with spinners and a 1000kw sound system, well that would give me pause. But other than ridiculous requests, I think he is as close to a must sign long term as we have had here in ages, and while moving in another direction might be exciting on the well what if factor. The negatives outweigh the possible positives of going in another direction in my opinion.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s time for Kirk Cousins to get paid — by the Redskins

Great article on this subject. I think that Boswell states this very well. Cousins is not elite at this time. However - he is just what the Redskins need, and he rates high in all QB categories & his receivers are not as elite as they are sometimes portrayed. Cousins also certainly has the ability to get better (better - not elite) & overcome some of the negatives that have plagued him over the past few seasons. Pay the man his money.