• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Wasn't it Shanahan who proclaimed Cuz has the skills to win a SB? That's at least worth 2 1st rounders.

Would you give up two first rounders to get a player the other team doesnt really want?? Kyle might want Kirk, but if he gets hired, he can afford to wait a year. If the Skins tag him and he plays the year on the tag, a smart Gm would wait rather than give up two first rounders (one being the second over all pick mind you).

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted a player that I thought was the necessary piece to get a Super Bowl trophy. I'm not sure I'd be too concerned with what the team I'm dealing with thought of that player. Imight just do exectly what you said in post #29. Work out a deal, A lot can happen in a year, not all of it is good.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Kyle getting that job will change things, if Kirk was available there is no shortage of teams that would make a huge offer because as discussed this is a QB league and getting a good one is invaluable. Think the Jets wouldn't give up 2 firsts? I don't. Throw in Chicago, Jacksonville and 9 others and a bidding was would most certainly bring that price.

Which is exactly why the Redskins would be foolish to make a trade even for 2 firsts. It should be obviousy by now that the biggest reason by far for our turnaround is the play of our QB. With Griffin or Colt we win 6 games. Starting over with a new unproven QB would be a brutal mistake.

By the way where are those clowns I heard on the radio claiming Kyle was a bum when he was here and only employed because his daddy was the boss?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If Kyle is smart and he wants Kirk, if the front office feels he is even half as useless as some fans. Kyle would offer Kaepernick and a 7th straight up for Kirk. It would be $4 million less than over paying Kirk. And we could then use the 17th on Watson and all would be right with the world.

You do it in a different manner, but you bitch as much if not more than coach and country. Kaep and a 7th rd pk isn't even laughable.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do it in a different manner, but you bitch as much if not more than coach and country. Kaep and a 7th rd pk isn't even laughable.

Says one of the people who has come up with an entire manifesto on why we possibly shouldnt resign the QB. Im just spitballing options for those who seem to think, yea maybe we should resign the QB... but not really.. unless its on the cheap.

As far as Kaep and a 7th, its a starting point if I felt that the team wanted rid of Cousins but didnt want to just let him walk. Do I think the Skins would jump on it? Nope. But again if the Skins feel he isnt worth what he is asking and another team wants him, Unless a bidding war breaks out I dont see the Skins getting two 1st round picks for Cousins. Not if the rest of the planet holds him in the same light as some Skins fans do.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which is dumber, the idea that Kirk would only cost Dunce Kaep and a 7th or the idea that Watson will be available at 17.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If Kyle is smart and he wants Kirk, if the front office feels he is even half as useless as some fans. Kyle would offer Kaepernick and a 7th straight up for Kirk. It would be $4 million less than over paying Kirk. And we could then use the 17th on Watson and all would be right with the world.

Jesus Christ. We do you constantly keep mis-portraying this fanbase? I would confidently state that at least 90% of the Redskins fans (fans - not rival fans, not the media & not trolls) like Cousins and want him to be extended long term. You take the thoughts of a few over-the-top fans & make it appear like this represents the fan base. They are the minority & quite frankly who gives a shit what they think.

I have yet to hear one word come out of the Redskins organization in terms of their thoughts for or against Cousins (which is as it should be). The whole negotiation process is a private matter & should not be done for the primary purpose of entertaining the media and the fans. Yet some fans seem to believe that they have this entitlement in regards to the process. I call BS. Just let this thing play out & then express your thoughts pro or con. I still feel very confident that Cousins & the Redskins will get this done & then hopefully we can put this to bed.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - if the Redskins did draft Watson & got rid of Cousins & stunk up the joint next season then SM better get prepared for the possibility of being fired after next season. No matter his shortcomings I believe that he is smarter than that. That move ain't happening.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. We do you constantly keep mis-portraying this fanbase? I would confidently state that at least 90% of the Redskins fans (fans - not rival fans, not the media & not trolls) like Cousins and want him to be extended long term. You take the thoughts of a few over-the-top fans & make it appear like this represents the fan base. They are the minority & quite frankly who gives a shit what they think.

I have yet to hear one word come out of the Redskins organization in terms of their thoughts for or against Cousins (which is as it should be). The whole negotiation process is a private matter & should not be done for the primary purpose of entertaining the media and the fans. Yet some fans seem to believe that they have this entitlement in regards to the process. I call BS. Just let this thing play out & then express your thoughts pro or con. I still feel very confident that Cousins & the Redskins will get this done & then hopefully we can put this to bed.

Thing is, IM primarily replying to three posters HERE who have been hoe hum wishy washy on the Kirk thing. Breed in particular has adopted the line that some of us have some how painted Kirk as an elite QB, or that there are those who wouldnt trade Cousins for Rogers. SO no Im not referring to some random over the top fans. Im replying to our own in house over the top fans.

Great - some no name hack who works for Fox Sports - the home base for other geniuses like Bayless and Cowherd.

That was just the first mock I pulled. Most have Watson all over the place. Walters has him at #23 to the Giants. So again him being there at 17 is not as far fetched as some would think.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get back to Cousins for Kaep and a 7th. That was absurd.

Just trying to give a semi off the wall option of how we could be done with Cousins. I will be honest, to me hoping he gets tagged again, or dealt for two first rounders sounds an awful lot like saying I hope the team goes in a different direction away from Cousins. So to me, some one that really thinks he isnt worth much and we are likely only keeping him because we have no choice, I gave a choice. Unrealistic sure, but for those wanting a QB more like Wilson or Prescott, it would be a semi-sweet deal dont ya think??

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep and a 7th for a QB 10 teams would die to have is a sweet deal? Am I totally missing your point here?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep and a 7th for a QB 10 teams would die to have is a sweet deal? Am I totally missing your point here?

Ten teams would die to have him, yet we have fans of this team who still think we should consider moving in a different direction.... IS that pointed enough??

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, IM primarily replying to three posters HERE who have been hoe hum wishy washy on the Kirk thing. Breed in particular has adopted the line that some of us have some how painted Kirk as an elite QB, or that there are those who wouldnt trade Cousins for Rogers. SO no Im not referring to some random over the top fans. Im replying to our own in house over the top fans.

That was just the first mock I pulled. Most have Watson all over the place. Walters has him at #23 to the Giants. So again him being there at 17 is not as far fetched as some would think.

And a few posters here don't represent the Redskins fanbase (myself included). I also question this idea that Cousins has to be an elite QB (whatever that means) to justify his soon to be large salary. He is just in the rt place at the right time & eventually his salary will be considered middle of the pack for starters who don't suck. People also need to stop comparing Cousins (or anyone not named Brady) to Rodgers - he is one of a kind. Obviously folks have mis-portrayed yourself & others for your stance - who freaking cares.

The Redskins are no going to draft Watson (& yes it may have been the first mock you found but most mocks are crap anyhow), not going to trade for Kaep & in all likelihood will keep Cousins at least for another year. If it doesn't play out that way - fine - but let's not bitch about these things until they actually happen. Nobody on this board or in the media are making any of these moves so their opinions don't mean a lot IMO.

Please feel free to complain about the Redskins FO for moves made to date. However - it is absurd to complain about moves that have not even taken place nor may ever take place.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten teams would die to have him, yet we have fans of this team who still think we should consider moving in a different direction.... IS that pointed enough??

I believe that DG is stating the opposite. If 10 teams would die to take Cousins (which I believe) then why in the hell would the Redskins trade him for Kaep & a late pick. Just about no NFL team wants Kaep even if they have to trade nothing & he asks for the minimum salary.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - let's really clarify this. I would like to get replies from any posters here who want the Redskins to get rid of Cousins prior to next season. For arguments sake let's say that they get a #1 in the top 5-10 of this years draft & a third round pick next season. Anyone here ready to pull the trigger on that? I am not.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that DG is stating the opposite. If 10 teams would die to take Cousins (which I believe) then why in the hell would the Redskins trade him for Kaep & a late pick. Just about no NFL team wants Kaep even if they have to trade nothing & he asks for the minimum salary.

I look at it like this. The next time we get the better end of a trade will be the first time since Ditka traded us to get Ricky Williams. If it gets to that point, I think teams will be rather tight with what they offer because to a degree it will show that the Skins are trying to move in a different direction at QB. Also remember the last tag and trade we did, we ended up being the team to throw in an extra pick to get the deal done.

So yea, to a degree, until this team makes a smart move, I still sort of expect them to do something bone headed.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - let's really clarify this. I would like to get replies from any posters here who want the Redskins to get rid of Cousins prior to next season. For arguments sake let's say that they get a #1 in the top 5-10 of this years draft & a third round pick next season. Anyone here ready to pull the trigger on that? I am not.

Thank you once again for being the voice of reason around here. I get what Shark is saying, we did have a few that were hesitant to give Kirk big time money, but only one (Country) openly said we need to pass.

As I said Kaep and a 7th is insane, as I also said I would hesitate to take even 2 firsts knowing that this is a QB league.

Speaking of that where is Dad after I pointed out that every team with the better QB advanced, again, proving without a doubt the value of a top QB.