• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston Texans checking in.

Oh....

Wait....

This isn't a post here if your team made an idiotic quarterback move thread?

Sorry Rob, but the Texans have to make at least two more bone headed QB moves to be considered more than JV at this point. And this assumes the Skins dont go for Expert Level in about a month and a half.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston Texans checking in.

Oh....

Wait....

This isn't a post here if your team made an idiotic quarterback move thread?

I blame Brock for inflated QB salaries...grrrrrr

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Brock for inflated QB salaries...grrrrrr

If anything, blame Romo, Flacco, Wilson and Rivers. What it cost to keep a QB is always going to go upwards. Supply and demand. You either pay what it costs to keep a decent to good QB....or you become the Browns/Redskins/Jets.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Brock. I blame the idiot that agreed to to pay him.
Good point. The QB market has got us all ham strung...every team is gonna get nailed by it eventually, at least if they have a half way decent guy. It is what it is.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, blame Romo, Flacco, Wilson and Rivers. What it cost to keep a QB is always going to go upwards. Supply and demand. You either pay what it costs to keep a decent to good QB....or you become the Browns/Redskins/Jets.
The timing of the Brock deal directly impacted leverage for us with a LTD...and we were cheap.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing of the Brock deal directly impacted leverage for us with a LTD...and we were cheap.

Agreed. But the thing is we could give Kirk $45M guaranteed, on a $125 million dollar contract, cut him next year and still have $65 million in cap space if they did the deal right. So as i have said many times before, money aint the issue. Cap space aint the issue. If we were still under the old CBA, then it might be a problem. But Im thinking that this comes down to a situation of if the GM wants to go in a different direction or not at QB.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. The QB market has got us all ham strung...every team is gonna get nailed by it eventually, at least if they have a half way decent guy. It is what it is.

The NFL itself is a lot to blame too. Changing rules and rules emphasis and forcing the officiating of games to favor this "quarterback-driven league" narrative they want to use to get more viewers....

You create a monster. You have to feed a monster.

And now the NFL's biggest monster is ridiculous quarterback salaries as well as overpriced compensations to draft a quarterback.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL itself is a lot to blame too. Changing rules and rules emphasis and forcing the officiating of games to favor this "quarterback-driven league" narrative they want to use to get more viewers....

You create a monster. You have to feed a monster.

And now the NFL's biggest monster is ridiculous quarterback salaries as well as overpriced compensations to draft a quarterback.

Drafting a QB doesnt need to be over priced. All you really need to do is suck really badly at the right time. Ask the Colts. As much as a DE is currently projected as the #1 pick in the draft.... I would be some what shockd if the Browns dont take a QB #1 over all this year, and the Niners will either draft a QB at #2, or work out a deal to get Cousins from us.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy with that, you will get some people all excited over the possibility.

......While others are sitting a bit taller just because it's being talked about.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......While others are sitting a bit taller just because it's being talked about.

Dude... I will admit, its a good idea... as long as we are willing to admit its a total start over and likely to waste the careers of Reed, Williams, Scherff and a few others.

Aside from that... totally kick ass idea.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... I will admit, its a good idea... as long as we are willing to admit its a total start over and likely to waste the careers of Reed, Williams, Scherff and a few others.

Aside from that... totally kick ass idea.

Sorry, I just can't get with the whole "start over" or even a step back. I will agree that there will be a learning period, but that can be overcome with a much better defense and running game. Remember when we thought we had to start over as Kirk took over here?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I just can't get with the whole "start over" or even a step back. I will agree that there will be a learning period, but that can be overcome with a much better defense and running game.

Thing is, we are 2-3 years away from having that defense. And if we are drafting a QB, then thats one less piece we are adding to the defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, we are 2-3 years away from having that defense. And if we are drafting a QB, then thats one less piece we are adding to the defense.

OK, all I can say at this point is.....We'll see (if it plays out that way which I seriously doubt)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, all I can say at this point is.....We'll see (if it play out that way which I seriously doubt)

I will say this. If Kyle is smart and he wants Kirk, if the front office feels he is even half as useless as some fans. Kyle would offer Kaepernick and a 7th straight up for Kirk. It would be $4 million less than over paying Kirk. And we could then use the 17th on Watson and all would be right with the world.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it reported Phillip Rivers doesnt want to play in LA and the 49ers are interested in him. So maybe that will lead somewhere instead.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. If Kyle is smart and he wants Kirk, if the front office feels he is even half as useless as some fans. Kyle would offer Kaepernick and a 7th straight up for Kirk. It would be $4 million less than over paying Kirk. And we could then use the 17th on Watson and all would be right with the world.

First Kirk is absolutely NOT useless.....I'm not sure where that comes from, so, If that is the offer and they take it, I'll change my name!!! ( Hey maybe #Poopfollower) Think Coach would object?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it reported Phillip Rivers doesnt want to play in LA and the 49ers are interested in him. So maybe that will lead somewhere instead.

Rivers is 35 and likely a fill-in until they rebuild...I believe if Kyle is their HC, there's going to be one helluva youth movement in San Fran. Beyond that do you believe Rivers would want to go to Frisco?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Kirk is absolutely NOT useless.....I'm not sure where that comes from, so, If that is the offer and they take it, I'll change my name!!! ( Hey maybe #Poopfollower) Think Coach would object?

OK so maybe Useless was to strong a word. But if the front office feels he isnt worth a long term deal unless its on the cheap, I could see them taking an approach of deal him and let the bodies fall where they will. And Im thinking those bodies will include the coach, and the few good young players we have.