• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant was if a LTD cant be worked out by 3/1 then other teams will come in and have to offer draft picks to get KC. right?

Sure they will. But in what world is that the best thing for the Redskins.

Say the Niners do in fact go nuts. Give us the #2, the #33 AND their first rounder next year. A rack of draft picks is no guarantee we will get a QB even as good as Kirk, much less a guarantee we get one better than him. If it were all about having a on of draft picks, the Rams would not be in LA right now.

Sure it could be all smoke and the team is itching to deal Kirk for as big a haul as they can get. But you also have to think, that direction likely leads to another power shift, a new coach more than likely... and another 3-5 years of playing the who's under center in Washington game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem intent on making this a soap opera & portraying Cousins as this greedy SOB whose only concern is getting a pile of cash.

No but you are totally dismissing that KC has all the leverage and other teams could come in an offer draft picks to sign him. For example its March 2 and nothing has been done b/c KC wants 70M guaranteed. Then the 49ers come in and say we will give you 1st and 3rd round picks in this years draft for him. So why wouldn't the Skins do that? You think that would be impossible?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say the Niners do in fact go nuts. Give us the #2, the #33 AND their first rounder next year. A rack of draft picks is no guarantee we will get a QB even as good as Kirk, much less a guarantee we get one better than him. If it were all about having a on of draft picks, the Rams would not be in LA right now.

Sure it could be all smoke and the team is itching to deal Kirk for as big a haul as they can get. But you also have to think, that direction likely leads to another power shift, a new coach more than likely... and another 3-5 years of playing the who's under center in Washington game.

Im just pointing out the fact that its extremely possible if KC demands are too high he could be dealt for picks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but you are totally dismissing that KC has all the leverage and other teams could come in an offer draft picks to sign him. For example its March 2 and nothing has been done b/c KC wants 70M guaranteed. Then the 49ers come in and say we will give you 1st and 3rd round picks in this years draft for him. So why wouldn't the Skins do that? You think that would be impossible?

Impossible no.

Stupid... very much so unless you are convinced that

1. You have some one better than Kirk for the next 3-5 years in mind
2. You are 100% sure you can get that player.
3. You are at least 80% sure that player will be at minimum as good as Cousins or better

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible no.

Stupid... very much so unless you are convinced that

1. You have some one better than Kirk for the next 3-5 years in mind
2. You are 100% sure you can get that player.
3. You are at least 80% sure that player will be at minimum as good as Cousins or better

Why is it stupid if SM feels that KC is not the franchise guy and doesn't want to give him 70M guaranteed. Plus if KC did get dealt why are you saying we must find a QB this off season? We could get a QB in 2018.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just pointing out the fact that its extremely possible if KC demands are too high he could be dealt for picks.

I think in your desire for draft picks, you miss one very real possibility.

Say they do offer Kirk the non exclusive tag. If he signs it, they cant deal him for picks and he cant talk to another team.

The only team that MIGHT offer Kirk that kind of money would be the Niners. And I dont see them offering a 1st and 3rd PLUS a $70M guarantee that we couldnt or wouldnt match.

Forget about the money for a moment and ask yourself this..

Name me three QBs that the Skins have a realistic chance of getting who you would 100% want leading this team for the next 5 years.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in your desire for draft picks, you miss one very real possibility.

Say they do offer Kirk the non exclusive tag. If he signs it, they cant deal him for picks and he cant talk to another team.

The only team that MIGHT offer Kirk that kind of money would be the Niners. And I dont see them offering a 1st and 3rd PLUS a $70M guarantee that we couldnt or wouldnt match.

Forget about the money for a moment and ask yourself this..

Name me three QBs that the Skins have a realistic chance of getting who you would 100% want leading this team for the next 5 years.

I just explained it. We don't have a get a QB this off season. We can use the draft picks and extra money in FA to get 5 new starts on defense plus offensive help.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just explained it. We don't have a get a QB this off season. We can use the draft picks and extra money in FA to get 5 new starts on defense plus offensive help.

And start who?? Colt McCoy is a 6-10 finish, coaches fired. You really think the owner is going to sign off on a plan of action that basically makes this a real good possibility... just so we can play fantasy draft??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And start who?? Colt McCoy is a 6-10 finish, coaches fired. You really think the owner is going to sign off on a plan of action that basically makes this a real good possibility... just so we can play fantasy draft??

If that is how you feel Shark then KC get whatever he wants in your eyes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is how you feel Shark then KC get whatever he wants in your eyes.

Why does it seem to bother you so much that Kirk might actually get what he wants from us??

And no, my take is Kirk either geta a long term deal in line with what OTHER starting QBs around the league are getting paid

He plays on the tag for another year.

Or we go back into the fantasy draft mode

A quote from Mark Bullock

" If they opt to move on from Cousins, with a potential trade, then that would drastically alter the plan for the offseason, as quarterback would instantly top the list of needs."

Yea so dealing him and waiting until 2018 to get a QB.... Not going to happen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it seem to bother you so much that Kirk might actually get what he wants from us??

And no, my take is Kirk either geta a long term deal in line with what OTHER starting QBs around the league are getting paid

He plays on the tag for another year.

Or we go back into the fantasy draft mode

A quote from Mark Bullock

" If they opt to move on from Cousins, with a potential trade, then that would drastically alter the plan for the offseason, as quarterback would instantly top the list of needs."

Yea so dealing him and waiting until 2018 to get a QB.... Not going to happen.

You are in the tribe of giving KC whatever he wants. No way he is going to play on the tag again. What other QB's around the league are you comparing him too? The only ones you can compare is Osweiler and Luck b/c they are the same age and just got deals done. 60M guarantee is the absolute most I would go. If the 49ers over him 70M guarantee plus 1st and 3rd this year. Sorry. He is going to have to go.

I don't think Kirk gets what he wants for us b/c now he has the 49ers to up his contract demands. We will see but I'm not vastly overpaying for an average QB instead of building the team in the future. KC is not elite by no means.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are w
You are in the tribe of giving KC whatever he wants. No way he is going to play on the tag again. What other QB's around the league are you comparing him too? The only ones you can compare is Osweiler and Luck b/c they are the same age and just got deals done. 60M guarantee is the absolute most I would go. If the 49ers over him 70M guarantee plus 1st and 3rd this year. Sorry. He is going to have to go.

I don't think Kirk gets what he wants for us b/c now he has the 49ers to up his contract demands. We will see but I'm not vastly overpaying for an average QB instead of building the team in the future. KC is not elite by no means.
are we at the blank check thing again

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I did get that from Shark. lol. He seems like we can survive without KC.

I think moving on from Kirk at this point is taking a step backwards.

But I will put it this way. Say you are Garcon, or any other Free Agent WR. Washington calls and says hey come play for us. We are going to have Colt McCoy as our starting QB. OR we might have a rookie QB.. but as we have the #2 pick, we arent really sure which QB that might be because you cant rule out the Browns drafting a QB #1 over all.

Now sure, they might still sign.... but you dont think we have to "OVERPAY" to convince some of these guys we will be just as good with McCoy or a rookie, as we were with Kirk. And we all know, you are not a fan of overpaying Dean.... well unless its a free agent from another team..... Then you are the one pulling out the blank check.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think moving on from Kirk at this point is taking a step backwards.

But I will put it this way. Say you are Garcon, or any other Free Agent WR. Washington calls and says hey come play for us. We are going to have Colt McCoy as our starting QB. OR we might have a rookie QB.. but as we have the #2 pick, we arent really sure which QB that might be because you cant rule out the Browns drafting a QB #1 over all.

Now sure, they might still sign.... but you dont think we have to "OVERPAY" to convince some of these guys we will be just as good with McCoy or a rookie, as we were with Kirk. And we all know, you are not a fan of overpaying Dean.... well unless its a free agent from another team..... Then you are the one pulling out the blank check.

Not at all. I believe Garcon is coming back no matter what. Garcon, Doc, Crowder, and Reed are plenty of weapons for any NFL QB to succeed in. Jackson is gone whatever happens.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I believe Garcon is coming back no matter what. Garcon, Doc, Crowder, and Reed are plenty of weapons for any NFL QB to succeed in. Jackson is gone whatever happens.

Hasn't it been proven that the old tried and true, any one could succeed with this offense is NOT the case?? And Garcon is an unrestricted FA. You really think he would choose to stay in Washington with McCoy as his QB if say the Niners who you dealt Cousins to come calling and offer the same money?? Yea, we might save money by dealing Kirk, but we are sure to need to over spend to account for the lost production that McCoy or a rookie will bring. If anyone could succeed in this offense, we wouldnt have tagged Cousins last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't it been proven that the old tried and true, any one could succeed with this offense is NOT the case?? And Garcon is an unrestricted FA. You really think he would choose to stay in Washington with McCoy as his QB if say the Niners who you dealt Cousins to come calling and offer the same money?? Yea, we might save money by dealing Kirk, but we are sure to need to over spend to account for the lost production that McCoy or a rookie will bring. If anyone could succeed in this offense, we wouldnt have tagged Cousins last year.

Good point but if SM was sold on KC then why didn't he give him a long term deal last year? This is why I want to know the first offer to KC from SM. I think that will speak volumes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
csnwashington.com >> If offered another short-term deal with Redskins, Kirk Cousins will 'probably' take it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point but if SM was sold on KC then why didn't he give him a long term deal last year? This is why I want to know the first offer to KC from SM. I think that will speak volumes.

Last year was a calculated gamble. They gave him a lowball offer. If he signs it, great. We get him long term on the cheap. If not, we get to see if he can prove last years was no fluke, knowing that if he does prove that it wasnt a fluke.... its going to cost us more.

Kirk produced... maybe not enough to get you all excited. And you can hold the Giants game as the deciding factor til you are blue in the face. But the truth is, with Colt McCoy as our starter, we are likely no where near as good and the Giants game wouldnt have mattered any way.

The team gambled, Kirk called them on it. Side note, if they tag him again, I expect he will sign it right away. Because if he still produces, he lines himself up to hit the open market and get ANOTHER $50M + in guaranteed money.

I know you are jonesing for that #2 pick, but something tells me Kyle aint that stupid in any case. He will get a five year deal. Why gut the team of draft picks in year one, when he could sit back and wait a year and get Kirk on the open market and STILL have his draft picks. Dude got 3300 yards passing out of Bryan Hoyer coaching for the Browns..... he might not be the slam dunk dunce willing to sell his teams soul for Cousins that you apparently hope he is.