• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a calculated gamble. They gave him a lowball offer. If he signs it, great. We get him long term on the cheap. If not, we get to see if he can prove last years was no fluke, knowing that if he does prove that it wasnt a fluke.... its going to cost us more.

Kirk produced... maybe not enough to get you all excited. And you can hold the Giants game as the deciding factor til you are blue in the face. But the truth is, with Colt McCoy as our starter, we are likely no where near as good and the Giants game wouldnt have mattered any way.

The team gambled, Kirk called them on it. Side note, if they tag him again, I expect he will sign it right away. Because if he still produces, he lines himself up to hit the open market and get ANOTHER $50M + in guaranteed money.

I know you are jonesing for that #2 pick, but something tells me Kyle aint that stupid in any case. He will get a five year deal. Why gut the team of draft picks in year one, when he could sit back and wait a year and get Kirk on the open market and STILL have his draft picks. Dude got 3300 yards passing out of Bryan Hoyer coaching for the Browns..... he might not be the slam dunk dunce willing to sell his teams soul for Cousins that you apparently hope he is.

If we do roll with McCoy his team will be better b/c it will give us more money to build a defense and some offensive players. Yes we take a step back with McCoy but its not as big as you think it is. I hope we don't tag KC again unless we know we are getting picks from the 49ers.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a calculated gamble. They gave him a lowball offer. If he signs it, great. We get him long term on the cheap. If not, we get to see if he can prove last years was no fluke, knowing that if he does prove that it wasnt a fluke.... its going to cost us more.

Kirk produced... maybe not enough to get you all excited. And you can hold the Giants game as the deciding factor til you are blue in the face. But the truth is, with Colt McCoy as our starter, we are likely no where near as good and the Giants game wouldnt have mattered any way.

The team gambled, Kirk called them on it. Side note, if they tag him again, I expect he will sign it right away. Because if he still produces, he lines himself up to hit the open market and get ANOTHER $50M + in guaranteed money.

I know you are jonesing for that #2 pick, but something tells me Kyle aint that stupid in any case. He will get a five year deal. Why gut the team of draft picks in year one, when he could sit back and wait a year and get Kirk on the open market and STILL have his draft picks. Dude got 3300 yards passing out of Bryan Hoyer coaching for the Browns..... he might not be the slam dunk dunce willing to sell his teams soul for Cousins that you apparently hope he is.

Plus how many times was Garcon screaming at KC last year. lol.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21 ... I swear dude, if that #2 overall pick was a donut, you would be the fat kid in boot camp. Deep down you know its probably bad for the team, and if we get caught, the entire team gets burned. But that donut looks so tempting that you are willing to risk it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do roll with McCoy his team will be better b/c it will give us more money to build a defense and some offensive players. Yes we take a step back with McCoy but its not as big as you think it is. I hope we don't tag KC again unless we know we are getting picks from the 49ers.

So wait, we are better off rolling with a guy who has a 60% career completion rating, has thrown damn near as many INTs as TDs and has a rather long injury history. Some one known for holding onto the ball too long. Because it will give us more money to spend in free agency that we likely wont spend any way??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21 ... I swear dude, if that #2 overall pick was a donut, you would be the fat kid in boot camp. Deep down you know its probably bad for the team, and if we get caught, the entire team gets burned. But that donut looks so tempting that you are willing to risk it.

lol. ESPN just had a little video saying KC basically has the Skins over a barrel. I cant wait to see what KC counter offers b/c SM is not going to give him his best price right off the bat.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, we are better off rolling with a guy who has a 60% career completion rating, has thrown damn near as many INTs as TDs and has a rather long injury history. Some one known for holding onto the ball too long. Because it will give us more money to spend in free agency that we likely wont spend any way??

We will spend the money. What is the highest guarantee money you would go on KC?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will spend the money. What is the highest guarantee money you would go on KC?

Well as I expect him to ask for at minimum $58M GUaranteed (the combined guarantee of the 2017 and 2018 tags, I would give him $55 in total guaranteed money on a five year deal, throw in a couple of roster and performance bonuses, make the who deal worth $110-120M Giving it the $22-24M a year average value that will look good on paper.

Structure it where the $55M all hits in the first three years of the deal so that if there are issues, we are not tied to him for 6-7 years.

BY the way $55/3 = $18.3M a year in real cost if we had to cut him down the road.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I expect him to ask for at minimum $58M GUaranteed (the combined guarantee of the 2017 and 2018 tags, I would give him $55 in total guaranteed money on a five year deal, throw in a couple of roster and performance bonuses, make the who deal worth $110-120M Giving it the $22-24M a year average value that will look good on paper.

Structure it where the $55M all hits in the first three years of the deal so that if there are issues, we are not tied to him for 6-7 years.

BY the way $55/3 = $18.3M a year in real cost if we had to cut him down the road.

That makes sense. Lets see what happens. I like the Shark deal. 55M Guarentee is ok in my book.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21

Here is something a little more solid on the Numbers from last year

But Redskins officials remained unconvinced of Cousins’s ability to duplicate that success. They made a modest offer – believed to be in the range of a $16 million to $17 million yearly average salary– rather than the $18 million to $20 million a year that the quarterback and his camp believed he was worth, based on the market for quarterbacks.

Bruce Allen: Redskins aim to keep Kirk Cousins long term; QB says he wants to stay

So there was a difference of $2-4 million annually in last years offers. Based on the fact that Cousins did actually improve I think his range goes up from his end to the $21-24M average range. Because you and the team will point out that he wasnt able to win the Giants or Carolina game. His agent will counter with... those games wouldnt have mattered if the defense could have held onto leads that he and the offense gave them in

Dallas week2
Detroit Week7
Cincinnati Week8

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins says he'd play on franchise tag again

Hmm - this article sure doesn't make Cousins sound too greedy & ready to break the bank. It also sounds like he very much wants to stay with the Redskins. Note his comments about continuity - doesn't sound like someone who wants to go to SF or anywhere else.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@deanpet21

Here is a little click bait for ya dean

Never mind, it keeps trying to embed as media. But rumor that we could deal Cousins to Cleaveland or SF

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is actually fairly accurate. For starters - he doesn't negotiate the contract - that is on his agent. Beyond that the Redskins can tag him (whether well advised or not) & restrict his movement for at least one more season. So the final decision (whether now or next season) is his but not necessarily the negotiation.

I see that you caught it at the end of your statement when you recognized that the subject was negotiation(s). What happens there is fully in his hands, for starters the agent works for him and he gets first, second and last say on any possible deal. Beyond that he charges his agent with a list demands going in and with constant phone contact, I'm sure Cousins is well versed on each and every line of that contract.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sense, KC is right. The team does not have to offer him anything. They could just tag him and KC has no recourse.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sense, KC is right. The team does not have to offer him anything. They could just tag him and KC has no recourse.

Depends on which tag

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should sign him for 80 mil guaranteed for 3 years and pay him 35 mil per season :trash:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could pull a Bailey and refuse to play for the team basically forcing a trade. But I dont see him doing that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if , if was a 5th we all would be drunk

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we should sign him for 80 mil guaranteed for 3 years and pay him 35 mil per season :trash:

Vinny???....Vinny Cerrato?? is that you? It's me Albert....yeah Albert Haynesworth!! Good to see ya man, I see you're still passing out lil' dude's money! Ahhhhhhhhhh Good times!:pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is Deans Skull

7db3176e3822d8c0f54f8d537057422f.jpg

This is Deans Skull if we did that deal
exploding_skull_by_acrylicdreams-d4csrdx.jpg

Any Questions??

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Cousins to be Tom Brady not Andrew Luck. Take less money so we can build a defense and pay your WRs