• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Indy for Colts' first-round pick

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still... A 3rd overall in his 2nd year ? They improved the Colts running game which will help there passing game and potentially give the Colts a pretty dam big boost... Not worth it ... Browns also just gave up on the season which is ridiculous after week 2... Browns will not get a 3rd overall from the Colts that is almost a guarantee so they moved DOWN to give up a good young player at RB

It's even worst when you consider they traded up a spot to grab Richardson. They really lost their #3 overall pick after 1 year along with a 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick. That's a 1st, 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick from their 2012 draft doing nothing for them, and really 2 1st round picks when you consider Weeden is already done after 1 year as well. 1 year removed and already your top 2 picks are out along with half your draft. Do people really still think we did all that bad in the 2012 draft? At least we don't mortgage our draft on 1 player.

If you think it's ok because they got a 1st round pick out of it you're crazy. They had 2 1st round picks in the 2012 draft and got nothing out of them. The Browns also have a horrible history when it comes to drafting QB's.

Knowing the Brown's luck Richardson will go on now to be a top 10 All-Time RB.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and holmgren wonders why he got fired

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's even worst when you consider they traded up a spot to grab Richardson. They really lost their #3 overall pick after 1 year along with a 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick. That's a 1st, 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick from their 2012 draft doing nothing for them, and really 2 1st round picks when you consider Weeden is already done after 1 year as well. 1 year removed and already your top 2 picks are out along with half your draft. Do people really still think we did all that bad in the 2012 draft? At least we don't mortgage our draft on 1 player.

If you think it's ok because they got a 1st round pick out of it you're crazy. They had 2 1st round picks in the 2012 draft and got nothing out of them. The Browns also have a horrible history when it comes to drafting QB's.

Knowing the Brown's luck Richardson will go on now to be a top 10 All-Time RB.

yep, having extra draft picks is good, but you still need to make good selections. the root of Cleveland's problem is who they drafted, not really the trades.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and holmgren wonders why he got fired

Yeah but Holmgren's track record is good... His stint in Cleveland wasn't the greatest but you can't argue that the guy knows the game pretty well... He made a good point... Your seeing now why Cleveland has struggled so much...

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Holmgren's track record is good... His stint in Cleveland wasn't the greatest but you can't argue that the guy knows the game pretty well... He made a good point... Your seeing now why Cleveland has struggled so much...

I don't think he made a good point at all. It's a whole new regime in Cleveland and they don't like the shitty players the old regime drafted. If they drafted good players then the old regime would still be there.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he made a good point at all. It's a whole new regime in Cleveland and they don't like the shitty players the old regime drafted. If they drafted good players then the old regime would still be there.

So by your logic if 2 years ago the 9ers traded Willis and Vernon Davis it was because they were shitty players and the reason was that they were drafted by the old regime or they would still be around it would make perfect sense for the new regime to do that.

Bullshit. Trent Richardson is their best player who broke many records as rookie playing with 2 broken ribs. It would be like giving up on Adrian Peterson after his great rookie year because the old regime drafted him.

Norv Turner is the OC there in Cleveland. He features a running back and for his system to work correctly there needs to be a good to great running back. Emmit smith, Frank Gore, LaDainian Tomlinson. Richardson was the perfect back for that system.

No, this move was not because the player sucked. It was because the Browns need to suck more to get Teddy Bridgewater.

The last 2 years have shown what a good young QB is worth now. They new the season was over when Weedon got injured most likely for the season. They found out later that he will be back but will miss 10 weeks or so, but they made the trade first and it didnt matter. Weedon was old when he came out of college (27) and they thought he would progress faster. It is why they got rid of McCoy.

It would not surprise me if they shipped out more players for picks and also as a salary cap dump for next year. They are following in Washington's footsteps. Get money for a bunch of good free agents, add a bunch of good young talent and draft the QB of the future.

Bridgewater might be throwing to James and Jacoby Jones in 2014. Both are good URFA WRs who are fast and perfect for Bridgewater. Also, they might use their second first round pick on Mike Evans from Texas A&M. That would change their whole offense in one offseason.

My whole point is that Holmgren is right. The coach is being undermined here. The Browns are more worried about next season than they are about this one and gave away their best player and there is no way that the current coach wanted that to happen. Chudzinski will probably get fired after this season. He has a weak contract and he was a first time HC. He was chosen because he was going to get a good offense going for the Browns. The Browns has had 0 offense all season.

The Browns will be going after a big named coach most likely from college. My guess is it will be Shaw from Stanford or Kevin Sumlin from Texas A&M or Chris Peterson from Boise St. 1 or 3 of these guys will be coaching in the NFL next year for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your logic if 2 years ago the 9ers traded Willis and Vernon Davis it was because they were shitty players and the reason was that they were drafted by the old regime or they would still be around it would make perfect sense for the new regime to do that.

Bullshit. Trent Richardson is their best player who broke many records as rookie playing with 2 broken ribs. It would be like giving up on Adrian Peterson after his great rookie year because the old regime drafted him.

Norv Turner is the OC there in Cleveland. He features a running back and for his system to work correctly there needs to be a good to great running back. Emmit smith, Frank Gore, LaDainian Tomlinson. Richardson was the perfect back for that system.

No, this move was not because the player sucked. It was because the Browns need to suck more to get Teddy Bridgewater.

The last 2 years have shown what a good young QB is worth now. They new the season was over when Weedon got injured most likely for the season. They found out later that he will be back but will miss 10 weeks or so, but they made the trade first and it didnt matter. Weedon was old when he came out of college (27) and they thought he would progress faster. It is why they got rid of McCoy.

It would not surprise me if they shipped out more players for picks and also as a salary cap dump for next year. They are following in Washington's footsteps. Get money for a bunch of good free agents, add a bunch of good young talent and draft the QB of the future.

Bridgewater might be throwing to James and Jacoby Jones in 2014. Both are good URFA WRs who are fast and perfect for Bridgewater. Also, they might use their second first round pick on Mike Evans from Texas A&M. That would change their whole offense in one offseason.

My whole point is that Holmgren is right. The coach is being undermined here. The Browns are more worried about next season than they are about this one and gave away their best player and there is no way that the current coach wanted that to happen. Chudzinski will probably get fired after this season. He has a weak contract and he was a first time HC. He was chosen because he was going to get a good offense going for the Browns. The Browns has had 0 offense all season.

The Browns will be going after a big named coach most likely from college. My guess is it will be Shaw from Stanford or Kevin Sumlin from Texas A&M or Chris Peterson from Boise St. 1 or 3 of these guys will be coaching in the NFL next year for sure.

So you're comparing Trent Richardson to Patrick Willis? Ok. Would Niner fans been that bummed if Vernon Davis was traded for a 1st after his 1st 2 years. He wasn't exactly lighting it up his first couple seasons. In any case a new regime has no loyalty to players that the old regime took.

His 3.5 YPC would indicate a shitty RB. He's shown no explosiveness and doesn't break any long runs. Sure he's tough but so are a lot of other RB's. Trent hasn't shown he's anything close to a good(let anyone great) back yet but it's possible he's not on the right team. The new front office thinks he's shitty and are trying to get the best possible value for him.

But how do you know the coach is being undermined? Chud wasn't involved in this decision at all? I guess you're saying Lombardi is basically making the new coach a lame duck in his 1st year because he didn't hire him? Interesting.

And I haven't noticed any shock from Browns players about Trent being traded. Why is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly. holmgren is a good coach, but didn't do well as a GM

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hangman, I think you're overrating Richardson a tad. He's not Adrian Peterson.

What records did he set as a rookie?

Also, I would have been all for trading Davis after his first or second year if it meant we could get Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Julio Jones.

And I would have had no issue trading Patrick Willis if it meant getting Joe Haden.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hangman, I think you're overrating Richardson a tad. He's not Adrian Peterson.

What records did he set as a rookie?

Also, I would have been all for trading Davis after his first or second year if it meant we could get Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Julio Jones.

And I would have had no issue trading Patrick Willis if it meant getting Joe Haden.

Only record I could find is the Browns rookie rushing TD record.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well put...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Richardson - RB - Colts

Now demoted to the Colts' second-string tailback, Trent Richardson admits he never got comfortable in Indy's running scheme and never fully grasped the offense.

T-Rich's tackle-breaking ability and open-field burst are still there, but he has been running without confidence and seemingly without instincts ever since arriving in Indianapolis. "He came to me, he wasn't pouting or anything," Reggie Wayne explained. "This was the next day after he found out he was demoted and he said, 'Now I can sit back and actually watch the way it's supposed to be done.' He kind of feels that he was maybe forced into it early without actually learning it." Wayne's advice to Richardson was "Do better. Practice harder. Study longer."
Source: Stampede Blue

Dec 4 - 8:37 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Trent Richardson - RB - Colts

Now demoted to the Colts' second-string tailback, Trent Richardson admits he never got comfortable in Indy's running scheme and never fully grasped the offense.

T-Rich's tackle-breaking ability and open-field burst are still there, but he has been running without confidence and seemingly without instincts ever since arriving in Indianapolis. "He came to me, he wasn't pouting or anything," Reggie Wayne explained. "This was the next day after he found out he was demoted and he said, 'Now I can sit back and actually watch the way it's supposed to be done.' He kind of feels that he was maybe forced into it early without actually learning it." Wayne's advice to Richardson was "Do better. Practice harder. Study longer."
Source: Stampede Blue

Dec 4 - 8:37 PM

I'm not buying this explanation. I just think Richardson isn't as good of a RB as people thought he was going to be. Granted the Colts' OL isn't very good IMO, but I don't think Trent is either. In fact I never really thought he was. I thought that was a stupid pick from day 1.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying this explanation. I just think Richardson isn't as good of a RB as people thought he was going to be. Granted the Colts' OL isn't very good IMO, but I don't think Trent is either. In fact I never really thought he was. I thought that was a stupid pick from day 1.

+1. Wasn't special enough of a RB to be taken that high.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Clevland saw right away that it was a bad pick and that is why they traded him so quickly.