• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Indy for Colts' first-round pick

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

After the Browns traded top running back Trent Richardson to the Colts for a first-round pick, it appears they are focused on finding a quarterback early in May's draft.

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks spoke to one scout who noted "its all about quarterback in Chud's mind." This is obviously referring to Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski, who failed to efficiently utilize running backs in Carolina and in two games in Cleveland. Chud is known for his vertical passing attack, and the quarterback class has questions after Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater comes off the board. LSU's Zach Mettenberger, Miami's Stephen Morris, and Clemson's Tajh Boyd have the best vertical arms, but redshirt sophomores Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley might be more likely early in the draft.
Source: Bucky Brooks on

Twitter Sep 19 - 12:11 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they Land both: Clowney and Bridgewater (or Mariota). That GM would look like the genius then. I'm with you Clyde, it's definitely not a bad move by the Browns at all if you really want to be a true competitor in the near future. That coach has a lot of explaining to do to his players in the locker room. He has to say more than just, it was a GM move not the coaches. So continue to play hard on the field cause we can still make the playoffs.

I don't how I feel about Bridgewater or Mariota. Not a huge fan of either right now, so I personally wouldn't put all of my eggs in that basket.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't how I feel about Bridgewater or Mariota. Not a huge fan of either right now, so I personally wouldn't put all of my eggs in that basket.

:agree:

I think that whoever is drafting first would be silly to bypass Clowney for any QB in this year's class.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Richardson - RB - Colts

"Several league sources" tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer the Browns initiated the trade that sent Trent Richardson to Indianapolis.

As if it wasn't already clear, the Browns' new braintrust wants little to do with what deposed football "czar" Mike Holmgren left behind. Facing an uncertain workload in a tough matchup this week against the 49ers defense.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Sep 19 - 4:57 PM

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
dredinis21 if Jacksonville drafts 1st. U gotta go with a QB & move away from B.G. Clowney can't score points for u. IMO!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no QB in this draft that comes close to Clowney IMO...

had there been a luck, RG3...different story, close but a different story...

Clowney should be the #1 pick regardless....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They went for it???

I don't think it matters much, but kicking the FG means they need 2 TDs VS needing a TD & a FG.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking about this move a little more, and the more I think about it the more I like it for the Browns. Everyone is assuming the first round pick will be a late one, but I'm not so sure. Indy has struggled in their first two games, narrowly beating Oakland and losing to Miami - hardly world beaters. And that's the easy part of their schedule. They face the NFC West, and could pretty easily go 1-3 or 0-4 in those games. And games against the Chargers and Chiefs on the road suddenly don't look like the easy wins they might have a few weeks ago, either. Add in two games against the Texans, a game against the Broncos, and at Cincy, and I'm ready to say that I'd be surprised if they make the playoffs. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose 9 or 10 this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also keep in mind though, now they have a presumed upgrade at RB... could totally change the dynamic of the offense and playcalling should Trent become a real impact player off the bat...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also keep in mind though, now they have a presumed upgrade at RB... could totally change the dynamic of the offense and playcalling should Trent become a real impact player off the bat...

Yeah, that's true. Still facing a really tough schedule, though. We'll see.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.... Now the Colts have the number 1 and 3 pick of the 2012 draft... WTF... The Browns ownership should be pimp slapped... Is there some underground deal we don't know about or what... This trade makes no sense.... NONE ... It's annoying seeing the Colts being given such a gift...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this move a little more, and the more I think about it the more I like it for the Browns. Everyone is assuming the first round pick will be a late one, but I'm not so sure. Indy has struggled in their first two games, narrowly beating Oakland and losing to Miami - hardly world beaters. And that's the easy part of their schedule. They face the NFC West, and could pretty easily go 1-3 or 0-4 in those games. And games against the Chargers and Chiefs on the road suddenly don't look like the easy wins they might have a few weeks ago, either. Add in two games against the Texans, a game against the Broncos, and at Cincy, and I'm ready to say that I'd be surprised if they make the playoffs. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose 9 or 10 this year.

Still... A 3rd overall in his 2nd year ? They improved the Colts running game which will help there passing game and potentially give the Colts a pretty dam big boost... Not worth it ... Browns also just gave up on the season which is ridiculous after week 2... Browns will not get a 3rd overall from the Colts that is almost a guarantee so they moved DOWN to give up a good young player at RB

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Browns know something we don't know.... That's the only thing that can make any sense about this deal ... Maybe the guy isn't as good as hyped...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Still... A 3rd overall in his 2nd year ? They improved the Colts running game which will help there passing game and potentially give the Colts a pretty dam big boost... Not worth it ... Browns also just gave up on the season which is ridiculous after week 2... Browns will not get a 3rd overall from the Colts that is almost a guarantee so they moved DOWN to give up a good young player at RB

Richardson's draft position is meaningless once he's in the league. If they think he's not as good as a mid-first rounder, it doesn't matter where he was picked. Only the barest handful of RBs is worth that high a pick. Richardson hasn't shown to date that he's one of them.

I don't disagree that they've given up on the season, but their QB is terrible and just got injured. How much of a season did they have before this?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson's draft position is meaningless once he's in the league. If they think he's not as good as a mid-first rounder, it doesn't matter where he was picked. Only the barest handful of RBs is worth that high a pick. Richardson hasn't shown to date that he's one of them.

I don't disagree that they've given up on the season, but their QB is terrible and just got injured. How much of a season did they have before this?

Yeah but all indications say the guy can play... Unless like I said the Browns no something we don't... They gave up on him very quickly... my god...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the college season was over Richardson wasn't seen as a top 10 pick. A month before the Draft the prevailing thought was Luck #1, RG3 #2, Kalil #3, then Claiborne/Blackmon at #4 and #5. After that it was a guess at #7, (Barron, Kuechly, Gilmore, Cox) with Tannehill at #8. The bad move was the trade up to #3 to get Richardson. He's done nothing since to warrant being a high 1st round pick. Trading a RB with a 3.5 yard avg that lacks breakaway speed is a salvage operation before people re-evaluate Richardson's value.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did u hear what Mike Holmgren said? He said he was the Browns best player and he would quit if he was coaching the Browns right now.... You don't sell in week 2... This is a head scratching move.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was his exact quote....

"Philosophically, if I am the coach and someone came in anywhere and did that, I’d say, 'OK, fire me, or I’m going to quit,' " he told Sports Radio KJR in Seattle. "Or we’re both going to go into the owner and talk about this and then we’ll see who’s still standing."