• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Indy for Colts' first-round pick

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow I am shocked right now. Why would they trade him. I dont get it.

It's the Borwns. Their scouting department consists of a roulette table. And not even a real one; Michael Lombardi just has a roulette app' on his phone.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not too worried for this week. He's not going to know the offense at all. RBs can move into the lineup faster than most positions, but he's never even taken a handoff from Luck, and now you're asking him to run behind an OL he's never played behind and implement plays he doesn't know. He's going to have some struggles this week.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns now have 7 picks in first four rounds.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree go after Haden. Offer our 1st and next years 2nd.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow I am shocked right now. Why would they trade him. I dont get it.

can't help think he didn't fit in? didn't fit in their scheme, and didn't fit in their locker room.

don't think they did it for the picks

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! So you trade a 2nd yr guy with all the potential in te world who ran for 950 and 11 TD's. For a 1st rd pick probably being 20th overall or so.

There has to be something up??!

Honestly, it makes sense for the Browns.

1) RBs are easily replaceable. Trent Richardson is good, and could be REAL good, but RBs sans Adrian Peterson are expendable in the long-run.

2) When the Browns are competitive, how old will Richardson be? How effective will he be? If I'm building a team RB would be one of the last few pieces, not first, because of their general wear and tear.

Still a shocker, though. Did NOT see this coming. I don't know if it's a great trade for the Colts, though. It makes their offense dangerous, but their defense is still porous.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're basically giving up on Brandon Weeden. They've seen enough of him, and now they're banking it all in one of the elite QB prospects in 2014 draft. There are at least 4 legit QBs from this upcoming draft that are good enough to lead a franchise (playoffs). Johnny, Teddy, Mariota I have a lot of faith in. Then you have Boyd and Hundley that are definitely better than Weeden.

If the Browns can package both of their 2nd round picks to move up in the mid 1st round, then they would put themselves in position to have 3 first round picks. There you can get your franchise QB, and a like Sammy Watkins to pair him with. There are very good underrated RBs next year too then can get. I'll name a few at a later time.

Exactly. By they team they find their franchise QB and build their way back to being competitive, who knows where Richardson will be. I don't think it's a horrible move. It's gonna be REALLY hard to sell to their players, though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is clevelands back up so i can pick them up in fantasy?

Messed me up. I had Ahmad Bradshaw as one of my primary backups. When Ballard went down, Bradshaw became primary ball carrier. He had a good week, then this. Now Bradshaw is worthless.

Cleveland has no backup. Just a bunch of scabs. I wouldn't count on whoever starts to do anything anyway.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde i think your theory make sense that they don't think they are close to being competitive and believe that they should get a RB later on in the rebuilding process. However why do after Kruger? Why draft a 30 year old QB?

IMO, this move had Bridgewater written all over it, he's the only QB who I would look at towards the top end the draft.

If I'm the 49ers FO I would inquire about Haden and Gordon, if they are in full on rebuild mode.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde i think your theory make sense that they don't think they are close to being competitive and believe that they should get a RB later on in the rebuilding process. However why do after Kruger? Why draft a 30 year old QB?

IMO, this move had Bridgewater written all over it, he's the only QB who I would look at towards the top end the draft.

If I'm the 49ers FO I would inquire about Haden and Gordon, if they are in full on rebuild mode.

I'd rather roll the dice on Greg Little for what I would think might be a cheaper price to pay if they're going to take a chance on someone with some immaturity/decision-making issues. Even though his skill set isn't one that many are clamoring for to be added to this team.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather roll the dice on Greg Little for what I would think might be a cheaper price to pay if they're going to take a chance on someone with some immaturity/decision-making issues. Even though his skill set isn't one that many are clamoring for to be added to this team.

You like Little better or you think that Gordon will be too expensive to keep around?

I really like Gordon, I think that he will be something special at WR, I agree that he needs to mature but the skill is undeniable.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade for both sides. Browns got some solid pieces on D so rebuild the O in 2014 with a stud QB and lots of draft picks to build the right offense. We'll see if Lombardi/Chud can do it. I have my doubts.

Colts O looks scary but we'll see how much running room Trent gets behind that line.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You like Little better or you think that Gordon will be too expensive to keep around?

I really like Gordon, I think that he will be something special at WR, I agree that he needs to mature but the skill is undeniable.

I like Little more but his make-up scares me. You could trade for him and literally get next to nothing out of him if he doesn't grow up and get his head on straight. And adding another player with that kind of skill set may not be desirable to the coaches even if everything else lined up correctly.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lombardi didn't draft Weeden and Kruger was signed before the season started when they were optimistic. Reality set in.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. By they team they find their franchise QB and build their way back to being competitive, who knows where Richardson will be. I don't think it's a horrible move. It's gonna be REALLY hard to sell to their players, though.

Imagine if they Land both: Clowney and Bridgewater (or Mariota). That GM would look like the genius then. I'm with you Clyde, it's definitely not a bad move by the Browns at all if you really want to be a true competitor in the near future. That coach has a lot of explaining to do to his players in the locker room. He has to say more than just, it was a GM move not the coaches. So continue to play hard on the field cause we can still make the playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First reax from would be a wow effect.... I do like pairing up Luck with Trent, both very young and gifted in their own right. I am surprised Colt made this move without giving Bradshaw more chances(maybe health?) but I will give to Irsay that he will make moves to improve the team. Whether this sets them over the edge remains to be seen but the Colts FO are active in improving this team.

Got to give them credit.

Browns are terrible, shouldn't draft weeden in the first, and suspect draft picks/signings.... poor fans.

Hey give use Haden or Phil taylor!!

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great move by both parties. In terms of needs, Browns need to start from scratch, Indy just needs to add a few pieces. The Raiders should definitely look into doing the same with McFadden. That guy is useless in what looks to be an improving team.