• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Zeke is suspended on the words of a confirmed liar/extortionist and no criminal complaint, yet Watson gets no suspension because there's no criminal complaint.
He can't keep up with his own rules so this isn't surprising.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't keep up with his own rules so this isn't surprising.
When the whole Zeke thing went down I said I do think he did do some of what he's accused of, but with her confirmed lies and extortion attempts I wouldn't have suspended him. I'd have put him on a very strict "Straight and Narrow Path" rule, and then the boob flash might have triggered a suspension.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the whole Zeke thing went down I said I do think he did do some of what he's accused of, but with her confirmed lies and extortion attempts I wouldn't have suspended him. I'd have put him on a very strict "Straight and Narrow Path" rule, and then the boob flash might have triggered a suspension.
Since Lord Rodger likes susp players I thought Zeke would get 2 games maybe down to 1 with the union fighting it but not 4. If Watson gets zero for having 20+ allegations then there's a serious issue how susp are handled and the union should look into it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Lord Rodger likes susp players I thought Zeke would get 2 games maybe down to 1 with the union fighting it but not 4. If Watson gets zero for having 20+ allegations then there's a serious issue how susp are handled and the union should look into it.
I think Zekes was becuase Jerry tried to oust Goodell.

FYI Jerry sports a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame me, I tried to bounce him"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI Jerry sports a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame me, I tried to bounce him"
I can see Goodell doing that out of spite even though that should never happen coming from his position.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody go home, the Browns Fucked it up for everyone.

Well crap. I attached the wrong link.

It was supposed to be this,

But now @Battlelyon gets the credit.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time ago. This was already known before the case. I’m not sure why people keep posting stuff already known
Just confirming he ain’t playing 17 his season. May not play 7.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one thing that I would applaud Jerry for. I wish he'd been successful.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have known those “rumblings” was the Ravens owner
I think he's saying that because he knows it effects his team and the QB market. Lamar playing the wait and see game is making him richer by the day. Bisciotti and the Ravens are sitting there with a huge offer in hand and Lamar is making them wait and sweat. I'm saying this from a strictly business POV. I'm not going to debate whether football play on the field is good enough when it matters or whether his style is an injury risk. The bottom line is he is a superstar and will be paid as such and that team is built for him. He holds all the cards right now.
What the Browns brass has done is just make an already super inflated market even more inflated. Lamar's extension will be massive. Other guys out there like Russell Wilson will also be cashing in bigtime. And when these young guys like Burrow and Herbert come up, this thing will just keep ballooning. The fact that it's Watson and character questions are in play just has bad optics for the league but tbh, it's kind of just a side story to the money.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Goodell said there is no time frame for when Watson will be punished. The Brown's signed Watson to a $1 million dollar contract this year so that when he is fined and seated for however many games, he takes a small hit for each game missed, because his salary is only $1 million.

Who's to say Goodell hates that they are trying to circumvent his punishment financially, and he just wants to suspend Watson next year when his salary goes way the hell up instead of the measly $1 million he is making this year?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Goodell said there is no time frame for when Watson will be punished. The Brown's signed Watson to a $1 million dollar contract this year so that when he is fined and seated for however many games, he takes a small hit for each game missed, because his salary is only $1 million.

Who's to say Goodell hates that they are trying to circumvent his punishment financially, and he just wants to suspend Watson next year when his salary goes way the hell up instead of the measly $1 million he is making this year?

Can Sherriff Goodell do that? I guess technically he can do whatever he wants.

Let that scumbag Watson play this season and suspend him next season?

That just sounds weird.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I highly doubt that but it depends on when all this is sorted out. Obviously, there is no exempt but I expect 4-6 games. He has to do something bc it would look bad on the NFL but I don’t expect anything crazy or a full season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Sherriff Goodell do that? I guess technically he can do whatever he wants.

Let that scumbag Watson play this season and suspend him next season?

That just sounds weird.
It does. But do you put it past Goodell to make a new rule circumventing a player trying to circumvent his full punishment?