• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they'll do what it takes to trade him and not cut him. I see a Teddy Bridgewater to Broncos type deal happening. Scares me because it could be the Seahawks that take them up on him at the right price and then the risk they extend him comes into play and that would be a disaster.
If I'm Seattle and trade for him I ask for draft compensation higher than what I'm send and Browns pay partial of his salary.
If the Browns dont want to pay salary the draft compensation they send will have to increase.

As for renegotiating with Baker, no way in hell. Tell him he's on a prove it year. Show me he can be the guy and Ill pay him in 23, if not I hope he saved some money from the Nrowns and his endorsements

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Seattle and trade for him I ask for draft compensation higher than what I'm send and Browns pay partial of his salary.
If the Browns dont want to pay salary the draft compensation they send will have to increase.

As for renegotiating with Baker, no way in hell. Tell him he's on a prove it year. Show me he can be the guy and Ill pay him in 23, if not I hope he saved some money from the Nrowns and his endorsements
I'd rather avoid the drama. Let some other team take him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather avoid the drama. Let some other team take him.
YEP

I laughed my ass the day he was taken #1 overall.

funny thing about these guys, for the most part they have been coddled pretty much all their sports lives. Injuries are always apart of football, BUT when adversity hits hard, few have a clue how to deal with all that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude. We get it. You don't like the Browns.

How about allowing a guy who killed a woman in a DUI to play on your team.?? Because the Browns shit canned Stallworth for it.
Cavs fan but he hates the Browns…how much sense does that make? Lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP

I laughed my ass the day he was taken #1 overall.

funny thing about these guys, for the most part they have been coddled pretty much all their sports lives. Injuries are always apart of football, BUT when adversity hits hard, few have a clue how to deal with all that
Why is it funny?
The options were Darnold, Rosen, Baker and Allen.
Rosen was a bust from day one but ALL three had question marks. Darnold has been less reliable than Baker and Allen had more question marks than all three. He’a had one of the greatest transformations we’ve ever seen from a QB that I can remember. Kudos to that guy for the hard work, totally changing his throwing motion and dramatically improving his accuracy. Browns were unlucky that they had to pick from that class but also could be laughed at for skipped over Watson or other QB’s in the first place. Glad they didn’t take Wentz the other year though. Teams that only have one option and are no-brainers have it easy, Colts - Luck and Bengals - Burrow. Teams that get it right having more options should get more credit. It’s why I give so much credit to the Bills but really more to Allen for the great work ethic. I felt for the guy outplaying Mahomes and losing that game last year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it funny?
Rosen was a bust from day one but ALL three had question marks. Darnold has been less reliable than Baker and Allen had more question marks than all three. He’a had one of the greatest transformations we’ve ever seen from a QB that I can remember. Kudos to that guy for the hard work, totally changing his throwing motion and dramatically improving his accuracy. Browns were unlucky that they had to pick from that class but also could be laughed at for skipped over Watson or other QB’s in the first place. Glad they didn’t take Wentz the other year though. Teams that only have one option and are no-brainers have it easy, Colts - Luck and Bengals - Burrow. Teams that get it right having more options should get more credit. It’s why I give so much credit to the Bills but really more to Allen for the great work ethic. I felt for the guy outplaying Mahomes and losing that game last year.
That's a good point, especially on Allen. I remember almost everyone said he had big arm, athletic but will never amount to much. You really have to give him credit for the hard work as you say. But it really goes to show that it is really hard to evaluate these guys going in. Sometimes what seems obvious to most isn't how it plays out. I would also add about Allen is his willingness to be coached and the fantastic job his coaches did. Fwiw, you also have to add Lamar to your list in that draft class. Obviously, a vastly different type of QB and stil a lot of questions but the kids a gamer and genuinely likeable in many ways.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are really surprised about the grand jury's decision? 1st off, only 28 out of 1k cases get convicted. Add on the fact that he is rich and famous always help. 2nd, what is the quote they say the bigger/ better the lawyer, the more guilty you are. Rusty Hardin is one of the best in his business. He has lawyered over 100 felony cases not losing one.

1. 'Convicted' and 'Indicted' are two different things. A grand jury, after listening to a cursory presentation of the prosecutor's case, decides whether or not to indict, or officially charge, the case. Probably 90% of all cases presented to a grand jury get indicted. 'A ham sandwich can get indicted', is the famous saying.

2. During grand jury proceedings, only the prosecutors present their side of the case to the grand jury. The defendant/defense attorneys are not present and have no say in the matter.

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the Browns make this move unless they reached out the the NFL brass and the NFL told them how many games suspension he is getting.

Since the deal went through ...they were told 6-8 games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it funny?
Cause Baker was/is a shithead person. He was at Tech, OU and the first week the Browns reached for him at #1 overall. Remember when just days after the draft he questioned what the Giants did drafting Daniel Jones. That ain't confidence, that is shithead.

Before I responded to this post, I spent a little time looking for a couple of my posts leading up to the 2018 draft, got tired of killing the time.
The draft was piss QB poor. That shoulda been obvious to the most casual observer. We're talking #1 overall here. Shit, trade down, anything but QB.
That was Russian roulette with one empty chamber. Darnold showed warts the last two years at USC. Rosen was a shithead with less notoriety than Mayfield. I said it then, the ONLY person IF IF IF you had to take QB top 3, it's Allen cause of a cannon and coachability, but he isn't ready to start day one.

It's just my opinion but Baker never showed much get after it when faced with adversity on a level playing field.
Sorry, I laughed. I hated the guy so much I wanted him in Washington or NYG

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause Baker was/is a shithead person. He was at Tech, OU and the first week the Browns reached for him at #1 overall. Remember when just days after the draft he questioned what the Giants did drafting Daniel Jones. That ain't confidence, that is shithead.

Before I responded to this post, I spent a little time looking for a couple of my posts leading up to the 2018 draft, got tired of killing the time.
The draft was piss QB poor. That shoulda been obvious to the most casual observer. We're talking #1 overall here. Shit, trade down, anything but QB.
That was Russian roulette with one empty chamber. Darnold showed warts the last two years at USC. Rosen was a shithead with less notoriety than Mayfield. I said it then, the ONLY person IF IF IF you had to take QB top 3, it's Allen cause of a cannon and coachability, but he isn't ready to start day one.

It's just my opinion but Baker never showed much get after it when faced with adversity on a level playing field.
Sorry, I laughed. I hated the guy so much I wanted him in Washington or NYG
Yeah like I said, they got shafted. It was their time to pick a QB and it happened to be in that draft and he was good enough to think maybe he had enough to give but in the end he just doesn’t have enough stability to offer. Baker is pretty arrogant and had a couple minor incidents in college but he didn’t workout more bc of his lack of production and consistency on the field. Little to do with being a “shithead person” which is completely overblown and this coming from a guy that didn’t like him in college too.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Brady to Seattle and Baker to Tampa.

I suggest just to excite @Tapey
Aroused The Office GIF

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh?

I love ya Jarvis but wtf? 20 mil???!?!?!?!

He's been trending downhill and more injured the last couple years and at his age, he likely won't get half that.

Fine player, but not worth what he thinks he is.