• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’ll be their worst mistake. I don’t think ravens are that dumb
I think they will absolutely pay Lamar and sad thing is they absolutely catered the offense around him from day one. Perfect scheme. If he plays well this year but they still don’t make it far, they will pay him off production. Really hoping they give him a ton of money.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will absolutely pay Lamar and sad thing is they absolutely catered the offense around him from day one. Perfect scheme. If he plays well this year but they still don’t make it far, they will pay him off production. Really hoping they give him a ton of money.

Be careful what you wish for there. He still can get better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are really surprised about the grand jury's decision? 1st off, only 28 out of 1k cases get convicted. Add on the fact that he is rich and famous always help. 2nd, what is the quote they say the bigger/ better the lawyer, the more guilty you are. Rusty Hardin is one of the best in his business. He has lawyered over 100 felony cases not losing one.
Not surprised, he's got wealth, fame and power on his side.Is it a crime to use that (wealth fame and power) to coerce sexual acts? IDK. Seems wrong but a crime ? Guess that's up for debate. I feel he's a pervert of sorts and sure hate how he has come out with even more shit loads of money and that not even touching how he first maneuvered the Texans into a contract that paid him a huge pay day up front, then as soon as the check cleared demanded a trade. I'm not even sold that he's elite TBH. I hope for the worse for this POS .

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson is guilty and innocent, we have to remember that Watson was going out of his way to find women (some who weren’t even licensed) on social media to give him massages. He was going so far to fly them to his location and provide massage tables if they didn’t have one. It also appears that regardless if Watson thinks he didn’t do anything wrong or nonconsensual some of the women felt very uncomfortable after their sessions with him and that information was getting around to other women. We don't what services rendered was agreed to at the sessions but sounds like a majority feel guilty and used for what happened, and the majority are looking for money.

Some of things that were found in Watson's text messages from the beginning,
  • Watson was bringing his own tables from Texans facility for women who weren’t licensed or had their own equipment.
  • A woman telling an accuser not to go forward with criminal charges and she would talk to Watson’s team.
  • A woman telling an accuser that players just aren’t use to being told no and just shake it off
  • Watson telling an accuser she should dress like IG model for the session.
  • Jas Brooks who wrote a letter in support of Watson was caught in the DMs admitting she knew Watson was being inappropriate during sessions.
Watson's Browns press conference was a pathetic joke and an example of narcissism. Lying about why he came to Cleveland and not knowing about the contract offer. Saying he never disrespected a woman, he went on to display no accountability. No girlfriend was present at the press conference.

Now we got these civil cases, he said he will fight these cases at his press conferences but he already cheaply tried to settle this cases, earlier in the year.

This lawsuit information site thinks a settlement is in the future and the sooner the better for Watson

In our opinion, we think a reasonable estimate for how much Deshaun Watson may have to pay out in order to settle the civil lawsuits is around $1.5 million to $2.5 million per plaintiff. That would put the total price tag somewhere between $55 million and $35 million for all 22 plaintiffs.

This is the current “going rate” for settlement of sexual abuse or assault lawsuits involving comparable allegations to those in the Watson civil lawsuits. For example, actor James Franco recently had to pay $2.2 million to settle sexual misconduct lawsuits by students at his acting school. UCLA, Ohio State, and the University of Michigan also recently settled lawsuits alleging unwanted sexual touching by former team doctors with an average payout of around $1-2 million per plaintiff.

The alleged assaults by Watson are arguably a level above the conduct at issue in the college cases and the case against James Franco, which gives them a slightly higher potential settlement value. The other factor driving up the price tag on the Watson cases is that everyone (including the plaintiffs and their lawyers) recognizes that Watson will likely be desperate to settle these cases before he steps onto the field for the Browns sometime next season.

But if he settles, that is admission of guilt or otherwise he has some long days in the courtroom with 22 women testifying in each case and trying to explain why he apologized in his text messages if he didn't do anything wrong.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns being the trash organization they are, of course are owned by a crook, did their "investigation"

An ESPN reporter repeatedly asked Berry why he hadn’t spoken to any of the 22 women. The Cleveland GM claimed that “our attorneys advised us that reaching out directly could be considered interfering with a criminal investigation.”

And while those cases were still open, NFL investigators spoke to several of the women who say Watson assaulted and harassed them, so it’s unclear why the Browns held themselves to a different standard than the league. (Some of those women described the league’s approach as “patronizing” and “victim-blaming.”)

On the second — has Watson done anything wrong? — he was fully evasive.

The question was “Do you and does this organization believe there was no wrongdoing,” and the answer was a lot of words to avoid saying “Yes.”

“We feel very confident in Deshaun the person,” Berry said. “We have a lot of faith in him. And we believe that as he gets into the community and our organization, he’s going to make a positive impact.”

Press conference over.

It was a curious answer, because earlier, Watson had spent the entire press conference right next to Berry proclaiming his innocence, and Berry claimed that the team’s investigation into Watson was thorough and satisfying.

“I don’t have any regrets,” Watson said. “The things that are off the field right now that came up caught me by surprise because I never did anything that these people are alleging.”

Watson essentially said that his accusers were lying. “I never assaulted any woman,” he said. “I never disrespected, I never harassed any woman in my life.”

This charade is so much worse than just saying you wanted to win a Super Bowl, and Baker Mayfield wasn’t cutting it. But the NFL’s ugly realities require a little lipstick; Berry is happy to be called a pig if it gets him that ring.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude. We get it. You don't like the Browns.

How about allowing a guy who killed a woman in a DUI to play on your team.?? Because the Browns shit canned Stallworth for it.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’ll be their worst mistake. I don’t think ravens are that dumb
You can call all these huge extensions mistakes. Every one of them causes problems for the team at some point in time. Mahomes and Allen will not be exceptions either. But teams have to do it because everything they do is centered around that guy.
As for Jackson, Baltimore will definitely do it. They have their entire offense built around his unique skillset. And they love the guy and what he does for them. I'm not going to defend or criticize their decision but they will definitely give him 40-45 mil per and 200+ guaranteed when all is said and done. This is today's NFL. And as for the Ravens, they did once give Joe Flacco the biggest QB contract so yeah, the team is that dumb.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,221.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call all these huge extensions mistakes. Every one of them causes problems for the team at some point in time. Mahomes and Allen will not be exceptions either. But teams have to do it because everything they do is centered around that guy.
As for Jackson, Baltimore will definitely do it. They have their entire offense built around his unique skillset. And they love the guy and what he does for them. I'm not going to defend or criticize their decision but they will definitely give him 40-45 mil per and 200+ guaranteed when all is said and done. This is today's NFL. And as for the Ravens, they did once give Joe Flacco the biggest QB contract so yeah, the team is that dumb.
I doubt it's 200 mill guaranteed. They have to know his playing style leads him vulnerable to injury. Giving him that much guaranteed would be a bigger mistake than 40-45 mill per imo

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here to bring up the Ravens. They and the rest of the league have to be PISSED at the Browns as this is now the bar, huge guarantees. So what do the Ravens do? Offer a Watson deal to a guy who can't throw well enough to be counted on in January?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude. We get it. You don't like the Browns.

How about allowing a guy who killed a woman in a DUI to play on your team.?? Because the Browns shit canned Stallworth for it.

That fella has the nonstop issues with the Browns. It's kinda funny.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here to bring up the Ravens. They and the rest of the league have to be PISSED at the Browns as this is now the bar, huge guarantees. So what do the Ravens do? Offer a Watson deal to a guy who can't throw well enough to be counted on in January?
That's the whole problem, isn't it. The bar constantly being reset too high for the superstar QBs. The Ravens have a situation. Jackson's passing ability is definitely holding them back from play-off success. But he has an MVP on his resume and is arguably one of the most exciting players in the game with his skillset. This upcoming season is going to make or break his market. Another MVP performance and top seed with any kind of play-off run and the Ravens back up the Brinks truck to his house, regardless of whether anyone thinks it's sustainable or whatever negatives in his game there might be. The weirdest thing in all this is that he has no agent and none of it really looks like it bothers him one way or the other.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for there. He still can get better.
Sure we saw when he won MVP how great he can play but teams figured him out and he can’t be inconsistent. Still an amazing player bc of his running ability but as far as passing ability, I will never be scared of him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was going to get to this point eventually, I just didn’t know it would be this soon. It doesn’t mean the guaranteed money will have to be to Watson’s level but the money overall will be ridiculous. I mean the Watson deal was $70M above the Mahomes deal but it was special circumstance, they were bidding against 2 teams and this is a city/franchise that isn’t an ideal destination. Tough to know what a Lamar offer looks like but it would be hard to fathom it is close to the guaranteed money on the Watson deal

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson could be facing a suspension of at least 6 games

On ESPN this AM.
6-8 is what I expected, not that I believe anything ESPN “reports” especially at this point. A long way to go

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the whole problem, isn't it. The bar constantly being reset too high for the superstar QBs. The Ravens have a situation. Jackson's passing ability is definitely holding them back from play-off success. But he has an MVP on his resume and is arguably one of the most exciting players in the game with his skillset. This upcoming season is going to make or break his market. Another MVP performance and top seed with any kind of play-off run and the Ravens back up the Brinks truck to his house, regardless of whether anyone thinks it's sustainable or whatever negatives in his game there might be. The weirdest thing in all this is that he has no agent and none of it really looks like it bothers him one way or the other.

You summarized the situation very well. I live in the Baltimore market and have had enough of Dan Snyder's shit, so I've been following the Ravens. They really are in a difficult spot. Personally I don't think Lamar Jackson will ever lead a team to a title, the guys playing in the Super Bowl hit what they are throwing at and he doesn't.