• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Cleveland Browns!

Finally get a legit, unquestioned top 10 talented QB in the league who is only 26 years old and all fans have to do except celebrate is defend his past legal actions and talk about how they are going to get rid of the guy he is replacing.

Cursed!

2 years from today when Cleveland is heading into the offseason in which it will be at least their 2nd postseason visit in a row yet they still dont have a 1st round pick, Cleveland fans can bump this thread, give all the haters 2 middle fingers and say "So worth it".

Provided it turns out that way...absolutely.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's kinda funny. With all this movement going on and this huge guaranteed deal for Watson, Lamer Jackson is going into his 5th year option at 23 mil and laughing because when all the dust settles, Baltimore is going to extend him for a shitload of money.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's kinda funny. With all this movement going on and this huge guaranteed deal for Watson, Lamer Jackson is going into his 5th year option at 23 mil and laughing because when all the dust settles, Baltimore is going to extend him for a shitload of money.

Provided Watson gets clear of all this I'd much rather have Watson.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provided Watson gets clear of all this I'd much rather have Watson.
Obviously but just pointing out how this effects Jackson and the Ravens. I'm not sure why you would think I was comparing the two on the field. Two completely different players in completely different circumstances.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This case is just so weird. Watson wants out and charges come up. McNair and Buzbee are great friends and next door neighbors. As soon as he gets traded, a 2020 case comes back up. All criminal charges are dropped. I mean didn’t they have video evidence of Kraft? They have nothing on Watson. Now that has nothing to do with his suspension from the NFL but like I said before, I expect one but nothing more than half of a season.

There were always 10 cases. 9 were in Harris County (Houston), and all 9 were 'dismissed' by their grand jury last week or whenever it was. The 10th case convened separately (yesterday) because it was in a different county/jurisdiction.

They're done now, no more left. (criminally, anyway).

Last edited:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking you guys need at least a visit to the SB, if not a championship to really consider this all worth it. Sometime in the next 2-3 years. Need a lot to break right for that to happen.

There's no question about it. It's super bowl or bust.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question about it. It's super bowl or bust.

An awful lot goes into making a super bowl but yes if at the end of five years we don't have an appearance id consider it a disappointment.

That said...merely competing and being in the conversation will be a major upgrade over what we have suffered through the last 20 plus years

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hurt in 2021. The 2020 season is a more accurate representation of his worth.

Definitely

Which is why I'm surprised at his trade value. If I'm cleveland I'd sit on him before releasing him. See if he caved to play for when deshaun is out

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baker's ability to play football is the real issue. I do think his ceiling is what he did in 2020. It was pretty good but not elite and he can win some games for a team. But obviously, there was something in play even then because the Browns F.O. chose to exercise the 5th year option and wait as opposed to working out a long term extension. Now they make this move and are stuck with that 18+ on the books so he isn't as tradeable. Baker will really have to look in the mirror now and maybe step back from the in your face competitiveness. He needs to understand true humility and maybe he has to be a backup for a season and just watch and learn. I have no idea what he's like in the locker room or behind the scenes but maybe there is something that rubs people wrong that he can change and find redemption. If the Browns can find a way to get any return and move him, they have to do it. But it might not be what he thinks and he had better accept that reality. Worth is a lose word that can be interpretted differently by various viewpoints.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely

Which is why I'm surprised at his trade value. If I'm cleveland I'd sit on him before releasing him. See if he caved to play for when deshaun is out
It might behoove Baker to accept the role of one year backing up Watson or holding the fort until Watson comes off suspension. But with all that's happened, it seems a bridge has been burned from both ends in this.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking you guys need at least a visit to the SB, if not a championship to really consider this all worth it. Sometime in the next 2-3 years. Need a lot to break right for that to happen.

That's the way I see it too. This contract escalates quickly, then they will be releasing good players without the picks to replace them with cheaper players on rookie deals. I see the window as the next 2 seasons, after that it becomes iffy.

This sucks for me. For most of my life I've always rooted for the Browns to win, their fans deserve better. But there is no way I can root for a team with this piece of shit behind center.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way I see it too. This contract escalates quickly, then they will be releasing good players without the picks to replace them with cheaper players on rookie deals. I see the window as the next 2 seasons, after that it becomes iffy.

This sucks for me. For most of my life I've always rooted for the Browns to win, their fans deserve better. But there is no way I can root for a team with this piece of shit behind center.

Don't blame you. A whole lot of smoke for it to not have some truth to it.

Even if the sexual aspect is somewhat played up the fact he continuously sought out different women is rather bizarre. I have no doubt he made some strange requests or comments during some of these sessions.