• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't truly been found innocent; he hasn't been tried at all (not charged yet). Civil charges have been filed (I believe?)

He was essentially held out last year due to this activity, which should count towards any potential suspension. Unless further evidence comes to pass, I'm not sure what any suspension is based upon; are accusations enough to bring punishment? Certainly not legally.

Maybe backdate the suspension and hit his pockets for last year and a bigger "fine"?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't paid last year, correct? Otherwise he would've been a FA this spring?
No he got paid last year. He had signed that extension, got all that bonus money in the bank before he did a 180 and insisted on getting traded.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't paid last year, correct? Otherwise he would've been a FA this spring?

He signed an extension. So to me to make the bigger point would come to agreement maybe like count 4 games as last year at last year's rate and 4 games at this year. Hit him harder in the pocket book.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just great. Our team went from one jackass QB to another jackass QB.
At least we won't be watching national-brand commercials on every freaking football game from our QB next year. He's too toxic to be someone's pitchman.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we won't be watching national-brand commercials on every freaking football game from our QB next year. He's too toxic to be someone's pitchman.

Never thought about it that way. Yeah he won't have a bunch of commercials like Mayfield.

Wonder if BM will start badmouthing the Browns five minutes after he's traded?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought about it that way. Yeah he won't have a bunch of commercials like Mayfield.

Wonder if BM will start badmouthing the Browns five minutes after he's traded?

Hasn't he already? He reportedly refused to play for them this season, prompting the Watson trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it is shaky to argue against Watson for alleged crimes that were never pursued and certainly never proven. What would concern me if I was a Browns fan has more to do with Watson's judgment or his interests.... I mean, even if the relations were legally and consensually approved, the dude obviously has some sort of weird ass controlling kink. Far be it from me to comment on what floats a man's boat, but the behavior itself is bizarre and makes me wonder about his future decision making - Particularly under stress, which is what this season and subsequent seasons should be for him.

The other issue I have is distraction. Yes, maybe Watson pays 22 of them and they all sign NDAs and never talk.... But maybe one or more of them balk at the payoff and decide they can make more selling their stories on the open market. And maybe it's even weirder than we think or have heard. These are the types of distractions that can hit in the middle of a season and cause issues. I refuse to believe Colin Kapernick wasn't worth employment because his kneeling was a distraction, if we can't acknowledge that TMZ's endless details of Watson's sexual exploits won't be a distraction.
Read the article I posted above, it doesn't concern me. Why? Bc he obviously chose Cleveland for two reasons, he feels he can win a Super Bowl on this roster and obviously they offered a ton of money. A couple things that stand out is he talked with Stefanski for a couple hours about how he will be used in this offense and told him what he needs to improve on and Watson said he wants to be coached hard. There are a ton of players that had off the field issues and they sorted them out and were fine. Yes the guaranteed money might look like a scary thing and even that contract but the Browns were in QB limbo and if they didn't get a QB this year they would be screwed in their rebuild barring another QB wanting out and/or drafting a great QB, which takes a lot of luck if you aren't drafting early. You would think Watson learned his lesson here.

The point is I don't have to like the guy, which I don't, as long as he brings the team to a contender and a SB contender...I'm fine with it. I'm not going to suddenly change teams bc of one player...I don't get that from some fans.

Another thing to point out, it doesn't have to do with your point, the Browns organization is taking a ton of heat from going after a Watson trade, which they should, but what about the other 12-14 teams? Just bc they didn't sign him doesn't mean they are innocent. This is a NFL and sports problem....winning cures everything. That's why in a few years this will not be talked about especially if CLE wins a SB. Sad but it's just a business.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just great. Our team went from one jackass QB to another jackass QB.
At least he is better at football

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't he already? He reportedly refused to play for them this season, prompting the Watson trade.

Not sure exactly when that jackass in cleats said he wouldn't play for the team anymore. When he said last season the fans were too loud at home when the Browns have the ball and his wife running to social media to complain about the team I was done with him. It was tough enough for me to root for him when he was drafted. Glad he's on his way outta town.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article I posted above, it doesn't concern me. Why? Bc he obviously chose Cleveland for two reasons, he feels he can win a Super Bowl on this roster and obviously they offered a ton of money. A couple things that stand out is he talked with Stefanski for a couple hours about how he will be used in this offense and told him what he needs to improve on and Watson said he wants to be coached hard. There are a ton of players that had off the field issues and they sorted them out and were fine. Yes the guaranteed money might look like a scary thing and even that contract but the Browns were in QB limbo and if they didn't get a QB this year they would be screwed in their rebuild barring another QB wanting out and/or drafting a great QB, which takes a lot of luck if you aren't drafting early. You would think Watson learned his lesson here.

The point is I don't have to like the guy, which I don't, as long as he brings the team to a contender and a SB contender...I'm fine with it. I'm not going to suddenly change teams bc of one player...I don't get that from some fans.

Another thing to point out, it doesn't have to do with your point, the Browns organization is taking a ton of heat from going after a Watson trade, which they should, but what about the other 12-14 teams? Just bc they didn't sign him doesn't mean they are innocent. This is a NFL and sports problem....winning cures everything. That's why in a few years this will not be talked about especially if CLE wins a SB. Sad but it's just a business.
listening to Cleveland Browns Daily right now. According to Zegura, the Browns did not even discuss contract with Watson until he decided to come to Cleveland.