• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns being Browns

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said you better hope Baker and Coach ?????? get along with each other or Baker might be in offenses #4 in 2021.

Mayfield didn't set any rookie records in Haley's offense. He set them in Freddie's offense. Which is why he got the HC job.

Browns fire offensive coordinator Todd Haley same day they fire Hue Jackson (from si.com 10-29-18)

A small part of the article- He (Haley) will be replaced by running backs coach Freddie Kitchens.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was how the original setup was supposed to work in 2016 when Sashi Brown was hired. Problem was they did not listen to him and Paul D and hired Hue.

Had they gone with McDermott and Andrew Berry as GM maybe it works out (with Brown only breaking ties)

Im just saying that is the only way it makes sense when all 3 understand. All 3 have to check their ego and not step on the others toes which seems to have been a huge issue with what you are saying with the Browns.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield didn't set any rookie records in Haley's offense. He set them in Freddie's offense. Which is why he got the HC job.

Browns fire offensive coordinator Todd Haley same day they fire Hue Jackson (from si.com 10-29-18)

A small part of the article- He (Haley) will be replaced by running backs coach Freddie Kitchens.
Don't tell me, tell @dtgold88

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me, tell @dtgold88
You and wamu think a RB coach has his own offense? He used Haley's offense last season.

I get the next time I see either of you man up and admit he is wrong will be the first, but here goes....

New OC Freddie Kitchens plans to run Todd Haley's system

Kitchens intends to run the same scheme deployed by Haley.

"We are running the same system as we ran before. We are not changing systems. Todd and I have the same system. He brought me up in this system. Nothing is going to change from that standpoint. What I hope we are able to do and hope to accomplish is that we are able to execute better and do the things the way that we are supposed to do them, how we are supposed to do them and when we are supposed to do them. If we do all of those things and have good communication in doing that, we will be successful. When we are successful, that is what has happened. When we are not successful, that is not what has happened. It is a pretty simple game if you go from the standpoint of communicate it, know what you are doing, know when you are doing it and know how you are doing it, and then you will be successful.”

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying that is the only way it makes sense when all 3 understand. All 3 have to check their ego and not step on the others toes which seems to have been a huge issue with what you are saying with the Browns.
The huge issue is these guys were never on the same page and didn't want the other when it came to coach/GM.

This time they will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and wamu think a RB coach has his own offense? He used Haley's offense last season.

I get the next time I see either of you man up and admit he is wrong will be the first, but here goes....

New OC Freddie Kitchens plans to run Todd Haley's system

Kitchens intends to run the same scheme deployed by Haley.

"We are running the same system as we ran before. We are not changing systems. Todd and I have the same system. He brought me up in this system. Nothing is going to change from that standpoint. What I hope we are able to do and hope to accomplish is that we are able to execute better and do the things the way that we are supposed to do them, how we are supposed to do them and when we are supposed to do them. If we do all of those things and have good communication in doing that, we will be successful. When we are successful, that is what has happened. When we are not successful, that is not what has happened. It is a pretty simple game if you go from the standpoint of communicate it, know what you are doing, know when you are doing it and know how you are doing it, and then you will be successful.”
@Manster7588 if you did say you were wrong what are the SportsHoopla consequences? Way you avoid it, it must be severe.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis as head coach. Hue Jackson as GM. Boom. Done. Make it happen, Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis as head coach. Hue Jackson as GM. Boom. Done. Make it happen, Cleveland.
wouldn't work here for obvious reasons, but if I were a fan of the Giants or Carolina I wouldn't hate it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was I wrong about?
Agreeing with wamu that Freddie did not use Haley's offense in baker's rookie season.

what, you thought a RB coach has his own playbook?

Ya gotta love this forum.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreeing with wamu that Freddie did not use Haley's offense in baker's rookie season.

I just passed famu onto you as he pointed out to me on who called plays. In all honesty I had no idea who called plays. I do know Baker has had TWO NFL HCs in two years of playing and he's had issues with both. That's my statement.

Now I'll take that apology now. Unless I'm wrong of course.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since McCarthy is in Dallas now, it looks like McDaniels could be the guy and he wants to take a NE guy with him to takeover the GM position.

Nick Caserio - current NE director of player personnel
Scott Pioli - former NE director/VP of player personnel. Current Assistant GM for Atlanta
Dave Ziegler - current NE pro personnel director

Seems like Caserio or Pioli would be the best choices...Pioli being the first choice if McDaniels does take the job.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're gonna love this. It'll distort your ego to new heights. When I posted what I posted I had no idea that Freddie was using Haley's system last year. Sure seem like he didn't use it this year.

So you can just stop your nonsense that I never admit I'm wrong. Just like a week or so ago in an NBA thread talking about JJ Redick. I said I was wrong about his career. Coming outta college I didn't think he was fast enough for the NBA. And before you try to say it's never you why have you had issues with nearly a dozen people in the NBA threads? Of course you'll have no response to that, as usual.

Unlike you I can admit fault. When you're wrong you try to change the subject so you can tell yourself you're always right. Examples- when you defended Freddie's play calling against the Seahawks late in the 1st half. And when you said what Hunt did in that Cleveland hotel wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just passed famu onto you as he pointed out to me on who called plays. In all honesty I had no idea who called plays. I do know Baker has had TWO NFL HCs in two years of playing and he's had issues with both. That's my statement.

You saw his comments and said "don't tell me, tell dt"

why say that if you didn't believe him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna love this. It'll distort your ego to new heights. When I posted what I posted I had no idea that Freddie was using Haley's system last year. Sure seem like he didn't use it this year.

So you can just stop your nonsense that I never admit I'm wrong. Just like a week or so ago in an NBA thread talking about JJ Redick. I said I was wrong about his career. Coming outta college I didn't think he was fast enough for the NBA. And before you try to say it's never you why have you had issues with nearly a dozen people in the NBA threads? Of course you'll have no response to that, as usual.

Unlike you I can admit fault. When you're wrong you try to change the subject so you can tell yourself you're always right. Examples- when you defended Freddie's play calling against the Seahawks late in the 1st half. And when you said what Hunt did in that Cleveland hotel wasn't that bad.

Anyway it doesn't matter. You're hell bent on always being right even when you're not. And before you take anything outta context I'm talking about what I said about Freddie & Hunt. Like I've told you before. That's the game you've been playing from the moment you found this site.
Must have been a NY resolution of yours. Congrats. But even with you admitting your error, you had to come back and add something from the distant past. You be you.

edit - just noticed the Freddie/Seattle mention again. Still being yourself and not changing. Even showed a post right after that game where I ripped Freddie for his end of half meltdown.

Still funny you thought a RB coach had his own playbook, and I get why you might wish to deflect from that. Also funny someone believed you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since McCarthy is in Dallas now, it looks like McDaniels could be the guy and he wants to take a NE guy with him to takeover the GM position.

Nick Caserio - current NE director of player personnel
Scott Pioli - former NE director/VP of player personnel. Current Assistant GM for Atlanta
Dave Ziegler - current NE pro personnel director

Seems like Caserio or Pioli would be the best choices...Pioli being the first choice if McDaniels does take the job.
I think this is my first choice, but I could live with Stafanski/Berry as the second option.

Truth, of course, as fans (or even an actual FO)we never know who can do the job until they get in there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

post 19133 in nba offseason thread from me to you, wiggy and shane. My first post after the Seattle game.

"did any of you hear Freddy's presser? Specifically, his explanation on the end of half debacle? He'd have been better off just saying he F'd up.

I lose more faith in him by the minute. If there's something anyone can point to he's done that offers encouragement to you please fill me in."

sure looks like I defended his playcalling, huh? Maybe this is why I correctly believe you have a real tough time admitting you are wrong.

You thought a RB coach had his own playbook. Sorry I keep repeating this, but that is hilarious.

please never change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

should add I've often said Baker was a douche and wish he would grow up. Not sure he had issues with Freddie, unless you mean Freddie's offense being awful was an issue.

I called out Baker for ripping Hue for accepting a job after he was fired and for getting in Duke Johnson's business FYI. He is far from perfect and not blameless for his 2019 issues.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been a NY resolution of yours. Congrats. But even with you admitting your error, you had to come back and add something from the distant past. You be you.

edit - just noticed the Freddie/Seattle mention again. Still being yourself and not changing. Even showed a post right after that game where I ripped Freddie for his end of half meltdown.

Still funny you thought a RB coach had his own playbook, and I get why you might wish to deflect from that. Also funny someone believed you.

NY resolution? What I said about Redick was before the New Year. But just ignore that like you usually do. And the distant past? That was this season. Yet another thing you've ignored.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best situation is for the GM and coach to work together to get the best product on the field. They should be coworkers, not one in position of authority over the other IMO. One buys the groceries, the other does the cooking. Neither is effective if not in accordance with the other.