• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns being Browns

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an ass backwards way to start a new regime. Why am I not surprised.......:noidea:.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's about time they focus on getting a better coach. There are plenty of guys that can do a nice job in a GM role but while drafting is important now for depth it seems like they have their core. Coaching and development is the main issue now...that's why they actually need to get a real head coach. I hope they make a good hire, someone that will have the players' respect and that can develop this young core.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard they are trying to model themselves after the Chiefs, Patriots, Seahawks, and others who are consistently successful and are more coach-centered organizations where the coach is going to have a LOT of say in personnel decisions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's about time they focus on getting a better coach. There are plenty of guys that can do a nice job in a GM role but while drafting is important now for depth it seems like they have their core. Coaching and development is the main issue now...that's why they actually need to get a real head coach. I hope they make a good hire, someone that will have the players' respect and that can develop this young core.
So your OK with telling a new GM "We're hiring you to manage the team, but you cannot manage the team".

Now with this in mind, I'm going to stop asking for Owner Jerry to fire GM Jerry, because we all know Jerry will still operate as the GM.

O thought it was stupid when Jerry hired an OC before he hired an HC and I think it's stupid for the Browns to hire a HC before hiring an GM. They'd have been better off keeping lame duck Kitchens this year, while hiring a GM telling him he gets a brand new puzzle in 2021.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your OK with telling a new GM "We're hiring you to manage the team, but you cannot manage the team".

Now with this in mind, I'm going to stop asking for Owner Jerry to fire GM Jerry, because we all know Jerry will still operate as the GM.

O thought it was stupid when Jerry hired an OC before he hired an HC and I think it's stupid for the Browns to hire a HC before hiring an GM. They'd have been better off keeping lame duck Kitchens this year, while hiring a GM telling him he gets a brand new puzzle in 2021.
Hard to take you seriously if you think Kitchens in charge a minute more than he needed to be was a better way to go.

would you tell SF and Seattle they are doing it wrong, too?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get this works for Seattle and SF?

Really doesn't matter who hires whom first or who reports to whom. Most important is they do their jobs well. Helps if they want to work with each other.

They had coach to GM to owner last time and it didn't go so well.
FYI in both cases the GMs were hired first.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take you seriously if you think Kitchens in charge a minute more than he needed to be was a better way to go.

would you tell SF and Seattle they are doing it wrong, too?

I'm not saying anything about Kitchens, I'm saying you should let the incoming GM have say so in who is his coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, we don't know what their role is for the GM but it seems clear they don't want a GM hiring a head coach or having a big impact on the hire. If they were to hire McCarthy, rumors are they will go after the Packers co-GM. Which would make sense...so we really can't just say hiring a GM first is the way to go when we don't know their plan. I'm sure after hiring the coach they will try to find a good fit. The point is, hiring the head coach is the most important issue right now and I agree with that.

There is no way they were better off with Kitchens...no way.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, we don't know what their role is for the GM but it seems clear they don't want a GM hiring a head coach or having a big impact on the hire. If they were to hire McCarthy, rumors are they will go after the Packers co-GM. Which would make sense...so we really can't just say hiring a GM first is the way to go when we don't know their plan. I'm sure after hiring the coach they will try to find a good fit. The point is, hiring the head coach is the most important issue right now and I agree with that.

There is no way they were better off with Kitchens...no way.

If that's the case hire the guy from GB yesterday and let him have his input. The Browns are basically saying our HC will hire his BOSS.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI in both cases the GMs were hired first.
Shanahan and Carrol were hired first.

It's official: 49ers hire Kyle Shanahan as head coach

excerpt - "When the 49ers were allowed to “interview” Shanahan for a second time on the weekend before Super Bowl week, he met with three general manager candidates and signed off on Lynch to serve as the team’s top football executive."

Seahawks deny Packers permission to talk to GM John Schneider

Schneider is generally considered to share control of the roster in Seattle with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, having essentially been hired by Carroll to run the personnel side of things after Carroll was hired in 2010 —

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case hire the guy from GB yesterday and let him have his input. The Browns are basically saying our HC will hire his BOSS.
He wont be his boss. Why is this so confusing to you?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I look at as the team saying the HC is the boss and the GM is there to find the kind of players the HC feels he needs on the team. Makes a lot of sense to me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at as the team saying the HC is the boss and the GM is there to find the kind of players the HC feels he needs on the team. Makes a lot of sense to me.
It works for Seattle.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard they are trying to model themselves after the Chiefs, Patriots, Seahawks, and others who are consistently successful and are more coach-centered organizations where the coach is going to have a LOT of say in personnel decisions.
The HC should have significant input.