• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Broncos host the Chefs for some Saturday Football!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be fantastic! No team could beat Denver with Roman and Jimmy G!

A classic drop back passer paired with a guy whose O is based on a QB that runs often by NFL standards. Diabolical, your real name wouldn't be Frankenstein, would it?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A classic drop back passer paired with a guy whose O is based on a QB that runs often by NFL standards. Diabolical, your real name wouldn't be Frankenstein, would it?

Why would he run the same offense for Jimmy G that he does with Lamar? That doesn’t make any sense. You’re talking crazy…

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos gave a fight but choked again. How many consecutive win for Chiefs?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets see...

Ward 1 on 1 should never happen and it still did
Dirty Dan still seeing play on a regular basis
Broncos RB broke 4 or 5 tackles on one play
Broncos RB also made a run blitz miss and then ran right by Thornhill in the other gap for a long ass TD

Chiefs D has some real issues. Still. Its very feast or famine so some weeks they will be able to hold teams to under 14 but some teams are going to gash them for 35+ in the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets see...

Ward 1 on 1 should never happen and it still did
Dirty Dan still seeing play on a regular basis
Broncos RB broke 4 or 5 tackles on one play
Broncos RB also made a run blitz miss and then ran right by Thornhill in the other gap for a long ass TD

Chiefs D has some real issues. Still. Its very feast or famine so some weeks they will be able to hold teams to under 14 but some teams are going to gash them for 35+ in the playoffs.
Defense needs major revisions on the margins (Sorensen, Niemann) on the DL, and the need to keep the CB stable stocked.

Should be a defense heavy draft I'd think for this team. Or maybe I am just hoping that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense needs major revisions on the margins (Sorensen, Niemann) on the DL, and the need to keep the CB stable stocked.

Should be a defense heavy draft I'd think for this team. Or maybe I am just hoping that.
I also expect a defensive draft.

Chiefs offense is still #1 in advanced metrics drive data so I dont see a real focus on the draft on that end. 2022 is probably the last year of the Kelce/Hill show although I suspect Kelce is going to be on the team to run out his contract just due to the nature of TEs. I suspect the Hardman/Pringle era is coming along with the Chiefs staying deep on TEs as opposed to just relying on Kelce to stay healthy. I think the only question I have is whether Orlando Brown gets a fat deal. Moving Joe Thuney to Left Tackle would make a ton of sense with how much money he is making...if he can play Left Tackle. Losing Brown would make it seem like the Chiefs went all in on this year, though, but I'm not sure they can tie up that much money on the oline.

The dline at the start of the season was in the same kind of shape as the oline was last year. Everyone banged up. Players in the Browns game who shouldn't have been playing. I'm not sure what Melvin Ingram will cost but if its 4 million~ a year then him coming back seems obvious. Frank Clark being gone also seems obvious.

Top need seems to be CB if I was looking at the Chiefs board. They can scheme around a lot but its pretty clear that Ward is the guy they trust on an island the most and thats a catastrophic issue.

Chiefs at minimum probably need 1 Free Agent S and 1 draft pick S. So yeah, top 2 picks in the secondary at minimum. Could easily see that stretching to 4. The Chargers have plays that dont care about the blitz. They'll be playing the Bengals again next year.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chefs prepared roasted Donkey with a side of fumble salad

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs D looked like they were still sleeping on the plane early in that game. Your secondary needs helpbut more importantly, they need to be willing to tackle. Looked like a bunch of Deion Sanders without the coverage ability out there last night.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs D looked like they were still sleeping on the plane early in that game. Your secondary needs helpbut more importantly, they need to be willing to tackle. Looked like a bunch of Deion Sanders without the coverage ability out there last night.
I think if you compare the effort level in tackling, especially from the DB's to the Cowboys game earlier this year, it's pretty clear what was going on and who was just wanting to skip to the playoffs. There was some... interesting business decision in terms of tackling being made out there.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also expect a defensive draft.

Chiefs offense is still #1 in advanced metrics drive data so I dont see a real focus on the draft on that end. 2022 is probably the last year of the Kelce/Hill show although I suspect Kelce is going to be on the team to run out his contract just due to the nature of TEs. I suspect the Hardman/Pringle era is coming along with the Chiefs staying deep on TEs as opposed to just relying on Kelce to stay healthy. I think the only question I have is whether Orlando Brown gets a fat deal. Moving Joe Thuney to Left Tackle would make a ton of sense with how much money he is making...if he can play Left Tackle. Losing Brown would make it seem like the Chiefs went all in on this year, though, but I'm not sure they can tie up that much money on the oline.

The dline at the start of the season was in the same kind of shape as the oline was last year. Everyone banged up. Players in the Browns game who shouldn't have been playing. I'm not sure what Melvin Ingram will cost but if its 4 million~ a year then him coming back seems obvious. Frank Clark being gone also seems obvious.

Top need seems to be CB if I was looking at the Chiefs board. They can scheme around a lot but its pretty clear that Ward is the guy they trust on an island the most and thats a catastrophic issue.

Chiefs at minimum probably need 1 Free Agent S and 1 draft pick S. So yeah, top 2 picks in the secondary at minimum. Could easily see that stretching to 4. The Chargers have plays that dont care about the blitz. They'll be playing the Bengals again next year.
I tend to think they'll double and triple down financially on both Brown and Mathieu, regardless of how much that may annoy me from a pure teambuilding perspective.

I am guessing we see Tyreek Hill extended again as well to help grease those wheels.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think they'll double and triple down financially on both Brown and Mathieu, regardless of how much that may annoy me from a pure teambuilding perspective.

I am guessing we see Tyreek Hill extended again as well to help grease those wheels.
My guess is that Brown and Hill will get what they want because Mahomes will fight for them.

I think the Chiefs will low-ball Mathieu and he'll walk if I had to guess. I'm not sure Spags thinks much of Thornhill and Dirty Dan getting major snaps is telling.

All signs should point to a rebuild of the secondary imo. I think the Chiefs should be able to do that in the upcoming draft.