• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this work? They keep adding a new member to the ownership group every couple weeks? Where do I put in my application?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this work? They keep adding a new member to the ownership group every couple weeks? Where do I put in my application?
You didn't have race car driver on your bingo card? I slightly get Rice - the driver doesn't do anything for me. I'll suggest you when I go to Walmart next trip.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't have race car driver on your bingo card? I slightly get Rice - the driver doesn't do anything for me. I'll suggest you when I go to Walmart next trip.
You can mention that I have ties to Russia.

or maybe not!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned an NFL team I would sell a tiny piece to 10,000,000 other people. When they talk about the owner the only one getting the "credit" or prestige or whatever it is, is that main owner. So those minority owner guys are just pure cash back in Walton's pocket. Plus if they ever say anything stupid about women, or minorities, or athletes, or whatever they can be like: "Look we're not racist/misogynist/classist/whateverist. We've got a black lady and a black athlete as part of our ownership. And they'll trot them out as a little dog and pony show.

It's not like the Walton's are ever going to actually let Lewis Hamilton have the owners box. He might get a seat and possibly even a +1 invitation to whatever is already happening in the owners box. But that's not a real owner. Sell the risk, keep the reward. Classic nobility move. And that's what sports owners are in America. That's how we crown our nobility.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want in as well. More diversity and international appeal with this add.
Its actually ingenious to add the most successful F1 driver ever. F1 is a massively popular sport internationally which happens to be an area with a large growth opportunity for the NFL in the future. The cross promotional ability could be huge as F1 is also surging in popularity in the US.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want in as well. More diversity and international appeal with this add.

Its actually ingenious to add the most successful F1 driver ever. F1 is a massively popular sport internationally which happens to be an area with a large growth opportunity for the NFL in the future. The cross promotional ability could be huge as F1 is also surging in popularity in the US.
Good point!

Just because I find F1 racing incredibly boring - all those Germans in black leather who show up to watch need to broaden their horizons.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point!

Just because I find F1 racing incredibly boring - all those Germans in black leather who show up to watch need to broaden their horizons.
Do you have something against Germans?! Steiner wants to know.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:
The Broncos are adding a man who knows a thing or two about winning trophies to their new ownership group.

Lewis Hamilton, who holds the record for most wins in Formula racing history, is joining the Walton-Penner Family Ownership Group, the Broncos announced on Tuesday.

“We’re delighted to welcome seven-time Formula 1 world champion Sir Lewis Hamilton to our ownership group,” Rob Walton said in a statement released by the team. “He is a champion competitor who knows what it takes to lead a winning team and a fierce advocate for global equality, including in his own sport. With over 100 race wins, Lewis is considered the most successful F1 driver of all time. His resilient spirit and standard of excellence will be an asset to the ownership group and the Broncos organization.”

The only Black driver in F1 history, Hamilton holds the records for most wins (103), pole positions (103), and podium finishes (188). A native of the U.K., Hamilton’s seven driver’s championships are also tied for the most in F1 history.

On Sunday, Hamilton finished second in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The NFL’s full ownership is expected to approve the Broncos’ sale to the Walton-Penner group at a league meeting in Minnesota on Aug. 9.

Former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice was previously announced as a member of the ownership group.
Love this... drop the war criminal and give her shares to this guy.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned an NFL team I would sell a tiny piece to 10,000,000 other people. When they talk about the owner the only one getting the "credit" or prestige or whatever it is, is that main owner. So those minority owner guys are just pure cash back in Walton's pocket. Plus if they ever say anything stupid about women, or minorities, or athletes, or whatever they can be like: "Look we're not racist/misogynist/classist/whateverist. We've got a black lady and a black athlete as part of our ownership. And they'll trot them out as a little dog and pony show.

It's not like the Walton's are ever going to actually let Lewis Hamilton have the owners box. He might get a seat and possibly even a +1 invitation to whatever is already happening in the owners box. But that's not a real owner. Sell the risk, keep the reward. Classic nobility move. And that's what sports owners are in America. That's how we crown our nobility.
Wow, talk about another oldie. Sup dood?

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point!

Hamilton is as dominant a racer as there's been in any motorsport, ever. As was mentioned earlier, he's extremely popular in Europe (though slightly less after the end of last season's race that took his championship) and fairly rich. He's also opinionated, but handles himself (for the most part) with class and dignity. Probably about as safe a "partner" as one could have.

I'd be shocked if the NFL wasn't part of this little venture. Either that, or Walton just became the exclusive rights seller of all Mercedes/Hamilton merch in the US...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton is as dominant a racer as there's been in any motorsport, ever. As was mentioned earlier, he's extremely popular in Europe (though slightly less after the end of last season's race that took his championship) and fairly rich. He's also opinionated, but handles himself (for the most part) with class and dignity. Probably about as safe a "partner" as one could have.

I'd be shocked if the NFL wasn't part of this little venture. Either that, or Walton just became the exclusive rights seller of all Mercedes/Hamilton merch in the US...

This is probably working to build up the international reach of the team. The American market is pretty tapped out football wise. Makes sense to start working to a more global brand at this point and adding one of the bigger known names in European sports is a smart move.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have something against Germans?! Steiner wants to know.
I have an F1 track almost within walking distance from my house - it's not that they are German (they are) it's they all have a fetish for black leather outfits. How about your friend Steiner does he have a closet full of black leather?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about another oldie. Sup dood?
Still around once in a while. Didn’t mean to invade a team board, sometimes I see a most recent post that grabs my attention.

Reactions: LGM

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an F1 track almost within walking distance from my house - it's not that they are German (they are) it's they all have a fetish for black leather outfits. How about your friend Steiner does he have a closet full of black leather?
Ask DC, he's seen the upper room.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much appreciation for Mr. B, but the trust and his kids were never going to work out in the NFL. Glad this is behind us and hopefully Walton-Penner are good owners. I like what they said today keeping it simple and respectful and look forward to tomorrow's press conference in Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much appreciation for Mr. B, but the trust and his kids were never going to work out in the NFL. Glad this is behind us and hopefully Walton-Penner are good owners. I like what they said today keeping it simple and respectful and look forward to tomorrow's press conference in Denver.

I'm honestly hoping they start out making some of the same decisions Bowlen did when he first started. He took a year to sit back and learn the organization. He leaned into the HC and GM of the time and just see what it takes for the football operations to work. After that he pretty much just said he was there to support and provide them with whatever they needed to be successful. I hope the Walton/Penner group understand football is different than any other business they have owned. You cannot quite run it the same way.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Walton/Penner group understand football is different than any other business they have owned. You cannot quite run it the same way.
not sure I agree with this.

Jeruh Jones has shown that both oil wells and the NFL pump out gold!