• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos for Sale at End of Season?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - having Walton's number known gives all the other bidders a target. Which means Walton still have reserves to kick in at the last minute.

I still think having a Bowlen add their share in with someone at the last minute would add $465 million to the top of someone's bid in exchange for 11% ownership. That youngest Bowlen daughter would be the most likely one to do that.

If the team stays in Denver - I'd rather have Walton -myself.
Still clinging to the Britany ownership piece? It isn't happening. This is a done deal with both the trust and Walton issuing statements. The only surprises out there are at the NFL level but even that is smoothed over by Walton's relationship with Kroenke who is a big player at the NFL owner level and one of Jerry Jones' buddies plus his huge net worth.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Walton had an idea who bidders were and how much they could max bid and he came to 4.65 B Round of bidding was weird I kind of expected it like live stock bidding process. Or did trust say to bidders what number was and others passed.
There was a report Josh Harris was prepared to go as high as $5 billion if there was a guarantee he would be able to purchase at that price.

Since there was no such guarantee, he held back, and might now be looking towards Seattle for his NFL team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton is almost 4 times as rich as the next owner (Car)

denver never had the cash for the big signing bonuses but now we do

cash over cap” is now in play even when we give Russ his contract

use LAR as an example of how it’s done

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think Russell Wilson on the roster was a factor in the purchase price?

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it didn't hurt, but I don't think it was a big factor. There are only 32 of these franchises and the Broncos have a great history of being a well run and successful franchise that is beloved in its region which is actually quite large geographically. This is a long term buy and Russ is a 5 year piece of that. I think this is more a result of what Pat Bowlen built in the Broncos.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure it didn't hurt, but I don't think it was a big factor. There are only 32 of these franchises and the Broncos have a great history of being a well run and successful franchise that is beloved in its region which is actually quite large geographically. This is a long term buy and Russ is a 5 year piece of that. I think this is more a result of what Pat Bowlen built in the Broncos.
I think I rate it a little bigger than the way you put it. It might not have changed the Walton Penner ownership success, but those guys presumably didn't get in this for the money. They want to win. Without a top QB your team could be lost in the wilderness for decades.
I don't think the Wilson factor is quantifiable, but it added to the auction fever at the end.

I appreciate your takes - thanks for responding.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope only NFL team up for sale. SB50 parade vs Rams SB parade with 10 people.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope only NFL team up for sale. SB50 parade vs Rams SB parade with 10 people.
Just look back to the last time the Broncos were bought. We had a pretty decent coaching staff and young elite QB then too. Bowlen said those were factors in the purchase.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look back to the last time the Broncos were bought. We had a pretty decent coaching staff and young elite QB then too. Bowlen said those were factors in the purchase.
Great Points POTM material

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we know the date. From PFT:
The Broncos officially will soon be adopting a lighter shade of blue.

A clan of Wal-Mart owners, led by former Wal-Mart CEO Rob Walton and current Wal-Mart CEO Greg Penner, will officially be approved by at least 24 owners at a meeting in Minnesota on August 9.

Per multiple reports, that’s when the owners will gather to welcome into Club Oligarch someone who has more money than any of them, by far. Currently, Panthers owner David Tepper is the wealthiest of the bunch, at a net worth of $16.7 billion. Walton, the son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton, is worth $60.9 billion.

Yeah, he’s getting approved by at least 24 of the others.

The question then becomes whether and when some of those many billions will be given to quarterback Russell Wilson, who (unlike Deshaun Watson) didn’t get a new contract on his way through the door.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale will be completed August 6. Can we have a moment of silence for the Bowlen heirs that will get a nice payout of $700,000,000 each?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:
The Broncos are adding a man who knows a thing or two about winning trophies to their new ownership group.

Lewis Hamilton, who holds the record for most wins in Formula racing history, is joining the Walton-Penner Family Ownership Group, the Broncos announced on Tuesday.

“We’re delighted to welcome seven-time Formula 1 world champion Sir Lewis Hamilton to our ownership group,” Rob Walton said in a statement released by the team. “He is a champion competitor who knows what it takes to lead a winning team and a fierce advocate for global equality, including in his own sport. With over 100 race wins, Lewis is considered the most successful F1 driver of all time. His resilient spirit and standard of excellence will be an asset to the ownership group and the Broncos organization.”

The only Black driver in F1 history, Hamilton holds the records for most wins (103), pole positions (103), and podium finishes (188). A native of the U.K., Hamilton’s seven driver’s championships are also tied for the most in F1 history.

On Sunday, Hamilton finished second in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The NFL’s full ownership is expected to approve the Broncos’ sale to the Walton-Penner group at a league meeting in Minnesota on Aug. 9.

Former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice was previously announced as a member of the ownership group.