• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I will say the Broncos do seem to draft a lot of guys they don't bring in or talk to. I know last year the Broncos had only talked to Bradley Chubb once and that was at the Combine.

I didn't make my point very well, but guys the Broncos interview and like end up as Broncos as street FAs - or for look sees - after they are cut elsewhere (or draft picks - or UDFA). Of course - there is always the juke maneuver - related to showing attention - to keep the focus off someone they really like.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My #Broncos Big Board as of today with the tenth overall selection
1. Quinnen Williams IDL Alabama
2. Devin White LB LSU
3. Ed Oliver IDL Houston

Not sure where to place QB atm... Probably would have Haskins and Lock tied at 2.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Devin White LB LSU
3. Ed Oliver IDL Houston

Not sure where to place QB atm... Probably would have Haskins and Lock tied at 2.

Haskins looks better than Lock to me. Neither looks like a #10 pick, but I understand that there is a premium on the position.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Devin White LB LSU
3. Ed Oliver IDL Houston

As always, on point

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resign Timmy Tebow - Scangarelo can fix him.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Devin White LB LSU
3. Ed Oliver IDL Houston

I think I would take Bosa over White, maybe even Quinn, but I doubt we have to worry about making that decision. I think Quinn and Bosa will be long gone. I am really falling in love with White, though. I see him at 10 being a very realistic possibility. I also like Oliver, but I worry about the character concerns.

But you never know what can happen in the draft, especially this far out. The big boards will look very different this time next month. People rise and fall like the tide.

I really don't want any QB at 10, at this point. I think we were looking at 2 guys who were much better prospects than anyone from this class last year and chose to draft Chubb. Our back up plan was to trade down, so it seems odd that we would be so in love with any of these guys. Unless, I am wrong about how the QBs from the past 2 years stack up, which is possible.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like White will be gone but Bush should be there.

I think Bush could be a play a role similar to James in LA or honey badger in KC. Around the ball but can cover

This is a matchup league . Can Bush match up

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard pass on Oliver. Too many off field issues beyond what the scouts and national press have picked up. Dude is a diva, and a punk.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to Tampa at 5
Thats interesting. I figured Tampa was the most likely team to trade down.

They need defense and this is a defense draft. Lock or Haskins might be available and teams in the 10-15 range can actually trade up to 5 without completely losing their shirt.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats interesting. I figured Tampa was the most likely team to trade down.

They need defense and this is a defense draft. Lock or Haskins might be available and teams in the 10-15 range can actually trade up to 5 without completely losing their shirt.

And that might be the case. That is the only way I see Devin White making it to the Broncos at 10 is if Tampa trades behind them. IF they stay put though it seems to be a lock that he is going to Tampa.

From things I have gathered Nick Bosa is not making it out of the top-2 picks. Arizona takes him if they believe in Rosen so that they don't have to face him for the next 15 years. If AZ goes Murray then the 49ers are running to the podium to get him.

Buffalo seems set to go either offense of Ed Oliver. He is the one player they would be willing to go after if he falls.

Cincinnati seems to be the team trying hardest to trade up for a QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that might be the case. That is the only way I see Devin White making it to the Broncos at 10 is if Tampa trades behind them. IF they stay put though it seems to be a lock that he is going to Tampa.

From things I have gathered Nick Bosa is not making it out of the top-2 picks. Arizona takes him if they believe in Rosen so that they don't have to face him for the next 15 years. If AZ goes Murray then the 49ers are running to the podium to get him.

Buffalo seems set to go either offense of Ed Oliver. He is the one player they would be willing to go after if he falls.

Cincinnati seems to be the team trying hardest to trade up for a QB.
A big factor in all of this is the QB evaluation. I did a mock with 3 QBs going top 5 because I think thats fairly likely if teams like these QBs but there is the other side to the equation where the demand for QBs is flat and you might see the QBs go in the 10-15 range.

Its hard for me to see any player jumping ahead of the top 3 QBs except for Bosa and Q Williams if those QBs are considered legitimate prospects.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big factor in all of this is the QB evaluation. I did a mock with 3 QBs going top 5 because I think thats fairly likely if teams like these QBs but there is the other side to the equation where the demand for QBs is flat and you might see the QBs go in the 10-15 range.

Its hard for me to see any player jumping ahead of the top 3 QBs except for Bosa and Q Williams if those QBs are considered legitimate prospects.

That is always the wildcard in all of this is the QB's. Teams go crazy some years so yeah wouldn't shock me to see 3 maybe even 4 go very very early in this draft.

I would add hard to tell right now also on some that there are still things happening FA and trade wise with teams. I know the Broncos are working on a trade for Darren Lee and another trade that I won't quite share yet as it is still far off but if they get Lee then it could eliminate them from taking either of the Devin's.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is always the wildcard in all of this is the QB's. Teams go crazy some years so yeah wouldn't shock me to see 3 maybe even 4 go very very early in this draft.

I would add hard to tell right now also on some that there are still things happening FA and trade wise with teams. I know the Broncos are working on a trade for Darren Lee and another trade that I won't quite share yet as it is still far off but if they get Lee then it could eliminate them from taking either of the Devin's.
I'd be kinda stunned if Denver didnt take one of the top 3 QBs, to be honest.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be kinda stunned if Denver didnt take one of the top 3 QBs, to be honest.

I think it depends on a couple of things...

1) If one of them falls to them at 10. If other teams trade up I just don't see the Broncos being one of those teams.

2) Broncos' thoughts on the draft next year. I know that Elway really really likes Herbert. Question is what the Broncos think of their roster as they might win too many games to be in the running.

3) I'll add a bonus one of depends who starts to fall in the draft. Last year they didn't expect Chubb to be there at 5. They had a trade back in place with Buffalo. So if say one of the top-3 defensive players in this draft falls to them then I could see them going that direction.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on a couple of things...

1) If one of them falls to them at 10. If other teams trade up I just don't see the Broncos being one of those teams.

2) Broncos' thoughts on the draft next year. I know that Elway really really likes Herbert. Question is what the Broncos think of their roster as they might win too many games to be in the running.

3) I'll add a bonus one of depends who starts to fall in the draft. Last year they didn't expect Chubb to be there at 5. They had a trade back in place with Buffalo. So if say one of the top-3 defensive players in this draft falls to them then I could see them going that direction.
#2 is the big thing I'm seeing.

The Broncos might like someone in 2020 better but the Broncos could make a run in the playoffs next year. While normally that might signal that the Broncos could try to 'win now', their roster would suggest that they should be drafting a QB now because they aren't going to be picking top 10 next year.

Conventional draft wisdom would have the Broncos taking a QB early. Flacco is a 'bridge' QB at this stage of his career. I see something similar in Miami with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Both QBs are capable if you have a team around them but most GMs would bring in a young guy to develop, too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction - the Broncos take a 2nd day QB pick - in this year's draft - hope they get lucky and see if they think they need one next year. Also - Trevor Semien or someone like him will be the backup.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question with the QB position in my opinion is not knowing if the Broncos will be in a position this high to take a QB in the next couple of drafts. They have done a good job of filling some major holes this offseason and I think we can agree this coaching staff seems to be an upgrade over what they have had under Joseph. So let's say Drew Lock is there at 10 do you decide to take that leap hoping his high ceiling pays off or do you try to accumulate as many draft picks for next season in the hopes of securing the guy you want?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Carl, at least give us a hint at what the other trade is