• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonte Carrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

calm thy tits! I like Carroo but I would wait on WR till a point i don't think he will be there... that's just me. i think we will take a WR late to fill in for Norwood. I would love Mike Thomas from Mississippi St

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Dr C28!!

Thanks guys. I actually met Draft Craze irl about a year ago (at a bar I work at) and we hit it off with our fandom for Denver and the St. Louis Cardinals. Even more crazy, was that we were both draft nuts. Although his love of carroo is mostly from him ;) He is a DB guy and I am a DL guy

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. I actually met Draft Craze irl about a year ago (at a bar I work at) and we hit it off with our fandom for Denver and the St. Louis Cardinals. Even more crazy, was that we were both draft nuts. Although his love of carroo is mostly from him ;) He is a DB guy and I am a DL guy
Maybe you and femurov should start a thread on recommended drink mixes to make at home. ;) Since we have our own forum bartenders!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas is a stud, btw.. (He is referring to the the So. Miss one not Miss State) :)

Great size and hands... Caught some Odell Beckum like snags.

Dr Cyanide had me at hello! You guys will enjoy him if he sticks around like he should.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you and femurov should start a thread on recommended drink mixes to make at home. ;) Since we have our own forum bartenders!

Hopefully Doc will be going to Denver with me next year to a game. Although he is like 0-100 when he attends Broncos games... He was at the Ram and Colts games the last two years. So maybe he shouldn't be invited?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to our "interesting" Bronco family here on the Hoop! We got a good group of guys here so I think you will like what you see. So since you are a DL guy who you liking that would be available for us in the first few rounds? I think most of us know very good chance Elway uses a top-2 round draft pick on the DL to at least add to the rotation.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas is a stud, btw.. (He is referring to the the So. Miss one not Miss State) :)

Great size and hands... Caught some Odell Beckum like snags.

Dr Cyanide had me at hello! You guys will enjoy him if he sticks around like he should.

ha all my miss st guys are getting DUIs so I didn't want to put that evil on him... wasn't a blatant error on my part... ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to our "interesting" Bronco family here on the Hoop! We got a good group of guys here so I think you will like what you see. So since you are a DL guy who you liking that would be available for us in the first few rounds? I think most of us know very good chance Elway uses a top-2 round draft pick on the DL to at least add to the rotation.

Chris Jones or Vernon Butler are currently my favorites. There are a lot of dline in this draft though and I could see a number of them being good for denver. I also really like Joel Heath late in the draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ha! I am mostly a craft beer guy myself. Don't have the pickings you guys have here in Iowa, but we do have some very good craft breweries (especially Toppling Goliath)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Doc will be going to Denver with me next year to a game. Although he is like 0-100 when he attends Broncos games... He was at the Ram and Colts games the last two years. So maybe he shouldn't be invited?

its just because i have never seen them in denver... lol

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones or Vernon Butler are currently my favorites. There are a lot of dline in this draft though and I could see a number of them being good for denver. I also really like Joel Heath late in the draft

Jones is definitely one of my favorites. He actually reminds me some of Wolfe when we drafted him of a bit raw but a guy with a non-stop motor that you hate to go against all game long. Throw in some great athleticism that if the technique catches up to the athleticism he could turn into a great player in this league.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is definitely one of my favorites. He actually reminds me some of Wolfe when we drafted him of a bit raw but a guy with a non-stop motor that you hate to go against all game long. Throw in some great athleticism that if the technique catches up to the athleticism he could turn into a great player in this league.

PFF had him ranked as the best pass rusher this past season in the SEC and second best interior pass rusher in the draft class behind Buckner. He is raw and plays high, but his burst is nuts, he has long arms, and he is strong. I look at burst, disruption, and measurables in DL mostly (technique as well, but with Kollar that can be coached for the most part). I think Chris Jones is a top 20 talent but just a bit raw still. Could be a dominant 5 tech in this scheme. Also he is just a fit for our defense. He would struggle with leverage inside on the 4-3, but in the 3-4 (esp a one gap 3-4) he can attack gaps and not get beat in leverage as much going more against offensive tackles and the outside shoulder of guard. I really want him round 2 if we don't nab butler end of round 1

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF had him ranked as the best pass rusher this past season in the SEC and second best interior pass rusher in the draft class behind Buckner. He is raw and plays high, but his burst is nuts, he has long arms, and he is strong. I look at burst, disruption, and measurables in DL mostly (technique as well, but with Kollar that can be coached for the most part). I think Chris Jones is a top 20 talent but just a bit raw still. Could be a dominant 5 tech in this scheme. Also he is just a fit for our defense. He would struggle with leverage inside on the 4-3, but in the 3-4 (esp a one gap 3-4) he can attack gaps and not get beat in leverage as much going more against offensive tackles and the outside shoulder of guard. I really want him round 2 if we don't nab butler end of round 1

I've seen Jones a lot lately going round 1 in Mock Drafts (usually to us) so I have a hard time seeing him drop to our 2nd round pick. Now given that was all before his DUI recently so maybe that does hurt him enough to drop him to round 2. If so that would be a huge steal. I wouldn't mind him one bit in round 1. Like you said the guy is a disrupter and that is the name of the game on our defense. They also wouldn't have to start him day 1 and could use him more as a situational pass rusher as Walker could start and do just fine on running downs. Just need to keep the depth on our defense going as to me that was one of the biggest keys to our defensive success especially with how bad our offense was.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Jones a lot lately going round 1 in Mock Drafts (usually to us) so I have a hard time seeing him drop to our 2nd round pick. Now given that was all before his DUI recently so maybe that does hurt him enough to drop him to round 2. If so that would be a huge steal. I wouldn't mind him one bit in round 1. Like you said the guy is a disrupter and that is the name of the game on our defense. They also wouldn't have to start him day 1 and could use him more as a situational pass rusher as Walker could start and do just fine on running downs. Just need to keep the depth on our defense going as to me that was one of the biggest keys to our defensive success especially with how bad our offense was.

100% agreed. Also Kollar is one of the best in the business as far as dline coaching goes. Chris Jones is an athletic piece of clay that Kollar could sculpt into a beast.

As for round 2, I have seen him early 2nd to top of 3rd (based on boards and drafts I have seen). So I am just hoping DUI knocks him just a bit so end of round 2 is reachable. I wouldn't be sad at all if we took him round 1 though. If we don't get QB this year early (I am hoping for Dak round 3 after DUI) then we could trade down to mid 2nd and nab him while gaining a 2017 early pick to use as ammo to go get QB next year if we need to.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agreed. Also Kollar is one of the best in the business as far as dline coaching goes. Chris Jones is an athletic piece of clay that Kollar could sculpt into a beast.

As for round 2, I have seen him early 2nd to top of 3rd (based on boards and drafts I have seen). So I am just hoping DUI knocks him just a bit so end of round 2 is reachable. I wouldn't be sad at all if we took him round 1 though. If we don't get QB this year early (I am hoping for Dak round 3 after DUI) then we could trade down to mid 2nd and nab him while gaining a 2017 early pick to use as ammo to go get QB next year if we need to.

To me the future of the Broncos actually will be huge this week. Good chance that if we are trading for Colin Kaepernick this is the week it happens with the Owners Meetings going on and a lot of discussion of trades will happen. If they get something done then the need to go QB early in the draft will decrease. If something doesn't get done then I could see the Broncos wanting to just stick with Sanchez and go QB early and have the 2 compete. If we get Kaepernick then I do think Prescott in the 3rd would be the way we go. If we don't then I think we either trade up into the early 20's in the 1st round and get Lynch if he gets by LA Rams or we stay put and go Connor Cook. So I keep looking every couple hours to see what is happening at these meetings as I think it changes our entire draft.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one around here admits to knowing Draft Crazy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the future of the Broncos actually will be huge this week. Good chance that if we are trading for Colin Kaepernick this is the week it happens with the Owners Meetings going on and a lot of discussion of trades will happen. If they get something done then the need to go QB early in the draft will decrease. If something doesn't get done then I could see the Broncos wanting to just stick with Sanchez and go QB early and have the 2 compete. If we get Kaepernick then I do think Prescott in the 3rd would be the way we go. If we don't then I think we either trade up into the early 20's in the 1st round and get Lynch if he gets by LA Rams or we stay put and go Connor Cook. So I keep looking every couple hours to see what is happening at these meetings as I think it changes our entire draft.

I expect the Kaepernick saga to end just prior to 4/1 - that's when deals get done - the last minute.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Cyanide,

Break down La'Raven Clark for the gents here.

I am nervous he is going to bust. He has all the tools, but not real impressed on film.

Another thing about the ole doc and I is we agree on a lot of the same players. Dak, Tyler Higbee, Jason Spriggs, Tyler Boyd, Vernon Butler.

I was also to give him a little Leonte Carroo crush while he was able to throw a little powder on me about Chris Jones.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Cyanide,

Break down La'Raven Clark for the gents here.

I am nervous he is going to bust. He has all the tools, but not real impressed on film.

Another thing about the ole doc and I is we agree on a lot of the same players. Dak, Tyler Higbee, Jason Spriggs, Tyler Boyd, Vernon Butler.

I was also to give him a little Leonte Carroo crush while he was able to throw a little powder on me about Chris Jones.

Clark is all about potential. Big, long, athletic, big hands. He is definitely a huge bust potential guy, but he is also one of the few guys in this draft athletic enough to handle LT in our position. And if our interest in Ogebuhi last year and Ifedi this year shows, we look at tools. The tape isn't great... but i think for LT for us its about the tools. Our 2nd rounders always bust anyways... so not a huge risk ;)