• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Ifedi personally, but I don't think he will be there end of round 2.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa WR Tevaun Smith ran a 4.33 and 4.38 at proday.

Late round flyer maybe.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some running backs the Broncnos might draft

Pretty good collection of information on draftable RBs in this link - after round 3.

Actually the guy I like in the late round RB - to compliment CJ Anderson is Josh Ferguson - who I think is the best pass receiver of all the backs in the late rounds.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some running backs the Broncnos might draft

Pretty good collection of information on draftable RBs in this link - after round 3.

Actually the guy I like in the late round RB - to compliment CJ Anderson is Josh Ferguson - who I think is the best pass receiver of all the backs in the late rounds.

fergy ferg ain't bad. What you think about Ervin? Can also return kicks/punts

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fergy ferg ain't bad. What you think about Ervin? Can also return kicks/punts

Ervin seems faster and more athletic than Hillman -but has spindly legs. I will say - I am easily the least informed person on most college players and draft scouting in this forum. Sometimes, however, I fall prey to letting some random judgement of mine run loose like it is the product of careful analysis. If you are trying to replace the Hillman function - I think Ervin gets into plus territory in that comparison. Hillman's great fault as a 3rd down back was he was a mediocre receiver. Freguson is a guy who makes big plays and he wants the ball more than anyone else when the pass arrives. So he caught my eye.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to do a weekly mock as well with each pick and a little write up on each guy and why I think they make sense. I use the CBS, Walterfootball, drafttek, and mocks from around the webs to gage where guy's value are. Here is one from last Wednesday that I did (before the Okung signing). I will likely to another one by Thursday updated based on board movement and change of needs (because Okung). Let me know what you think.

1. Germain Ifedi, OT/OG, Texas A&M
Probably the highest potential outside of Tunsil given his size, speed, power combo. Super long arms, and Denver has been linked to him multiple times so far in this draft process. Very raw... but huge ceiling. If we were interested and even tried to trade up for Ogbuhi last draft (and we were linked with him before the draft as well) I really can see this happening. Each passing day also makes it seem like Clady will be gone. Ifedi at worst is a high upside RT but has potential to be a very good LT.

2. Chris Jones, DE/DT, Mississippi St
Probably my favorite defensive lineman in this class given where they are being projected. PFF has him as a top interior pass rusher in the SEC (only behind Buckner nationally), and a top ten talent in this draft. Love the size, strength, length, and explosion. If properly coached, could be a top 5 5 tech in the NFL in 3-4 years.

3. Connor McGovern, OG/OC, Missouri
Athletic, smart, versatile, and an immediate starter. Not sure if he sticks his value around here or rises closer to draft day like Morse did last year. Killed it in all drills at the combine and shows fluidity in blocking. Would love him in Denver.

3c. Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi St
Developmental QB. If we don't like what we see, we can always go QB early next year, but I think Dak has what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. Needs to develop under center. That said, Dak has made tremendous strides over the past year, has great intangibles despite the DUI (his teammates will go to war for this guy) and has solid trajectory if given a year to develop.

4c. Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky
My favorite TE in this class. Size, speed, strength, and a beast in the red zone. If he hadn't been injured (injuries are a concern) and run the combine drills, we would be talking a mid 2nd talent. Still a raw blocker, but as close to gronk as any TE in this class... I see Eifert but with MUCH bigger hands. With us losing Davis and Daniels, another tight end is needed to compete with Green and Heuererman and none in this class have the potential that Higbee has.

5. Justin Simmons, S, Boston College
A great player on a bad team. Justin Simmons has size, length, and short area quickness. A perfect over the top zone cover safety who can play Bruton's 3rd S role this year, some special teams, and a potential starter in the future. Had some of the best combine scores in short area burst, and a guy moving on up. Had one of the highest SPARQ ratings in the combine.

6c. Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia
We have great corners, true, but its smart to add depth. Roby is coming up on a pay day, and Talib isn't getting any younger. Worley has been burnt a few times throughout his career, but he has size, tenacity, and athleticism needed to be put on an island. Could develop into a very solid boundary cornerback

7i. Joel Heath, DE/DT, Michigan St
If it weren't for the depth of this draft, Heath would go sooner. He showed tremendous athleticism at the combine and has the body type to be a solid 5 tech. Did not put up many stats while at state, but Heath the athlete is worth nabbing here and attempting to develop

7ii. Peyton Barber, RB, Auburn
Did CJ Anderson get cloned? Short, squaty, runs smart but will lower his shoulder, and shifty behind the LOS. Kid is durable too. Will likely never be a great running back, but can come into camp this year, learn, and eat carries while netting us solid ypc.

7iii. Jakeem Grant, KR/PR/WR, Texas Tech
Speed kills as they say. Nobody in the league is as fast Grant (well almost no one) and due to his diminutive size, he will fall in drafts. However, coming in for trick plays and returning punts and kicks is something he could come in and do right away. Hopefully holds onto the ball better than holliday did, but this late in the draft, a dynamite returner is worth a chance.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great draft Doc.

I love Dak Prescott (in the random way that I go about this). I like him so much - I would reach for him at the end of the first round - just to get him on a 5 year contract. If the Broncos bring in Kaepernick and keep Sanchez - Dak will never see the field - thus not develop - and then we got Oz all over again.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had us going Dak round 2, but then the DUI happened... so i am hoping round 3... but with how infatuated dallas and arizona appear to be with him, expect him to reappear in round 2 in my latest mock

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great analysis with your picks, Doc - and covered most of the needs as well. Thumbs up!!

I'd probably go for a RB before round 7 - but you know a lot more, so I can't complain.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great analysis with your picks, Doc - and covered most of the needs as well. Thumbs up!!

I'd probably go for a RB before round 7 - but you know a lot more, so I can't complain.

thanks bud. I taught @Draft Crazy everything he knows. Don't let him tell you any differently! haha

I would like RB earlier as well (i think) but with recent talk of bringing in Foster, as well as paying a good chunk to CJ, I think getting a guy late is a good call. I am 110% against getting Derrick Henry... I would like Keith Marshall or Daniel Lasco if we go mid round. But Peyton Barber late is a good fit imo. Also like Wilds out of South Carolina

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice mock Dr. I also see Denver going rb as early as rd 4. Need Hilman replacement and a tough runner to spell CJ if Denver doesn't believe the current guys on roster are worthy.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dark horse early pick for me is CB. I just don't love many CBs in this draft after the first and second round guys... I think Apple would be an amazing Talib replacement after next year (when we most likely cut him)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got a link to all the draft players linked to us ?players we talked to and such ..

I lost all my football links

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to do a weekly mock as well with each pick and a little write up on each guy and why I think they make sense. I use the CBS, Walterfootball, drafttek, and mocks from around the webs to gage where guy's value are. Here is one from last Wednesday that I did (before the Okung signing). I will likely to another one by Thursday updated based on board movement and change of needs (because Okung). Let me know what you think.

Probably the highest potential outside of Tunsil given his size, speed, power combo. Super long arms, and Denver has been linked to him multiple times so far in this draft process. Very raw... but huge ceiling. If we were interested and even tried to trade up for Ogbuhi last draft (and we were linked with him before the draft as well) I really can see this happening. Each passing day also makes it seem like Clady will be gone. Ifedi at worst is a high upside RT but has potential to be a very good LT.

Probably my favorite defensive lineman in this class given where they are being projected. PFF has him as a top interior pass rusher in the SEC (only behind Buckner nationally), and a top ten talent in this draft. Love the size, strength, length, and explosion. If properly coached, could be a top 5 5 tech in the NFL in 3-4 years.

Athletic, smart, versatile, and an immediate starter. Not sure if he sticks his value around here or rises closer to draft day like Morse did last year. Killed it in all drills at the combine and shows fluidity in blocking. Would love him in Denver.

Developmental QB. If we don't like what we see, we can always go QB early next year, but I think Dak has what it takes to be a starting QB in the NFL. Needs to develop under center. That said, Dak has made tremendous strides over the past year, has great intangibles despite the DUI (his teammates will go to war for this guy) and has solid trajectory if given a year to develop.

My favorite TE in this class. Size, speed, strength, and a beast in the red zone. If he hadn't been injured (injuries are a concern) and run the combine drills, we would be talking a mid 2nd talent. Still a raw blocker, but as close to gronk as any TE in this class... I see Eifert but with MUCH bigger hands. With us losing Davis and Daniels, another tight end is needed to compete with Green and Heuererman and none in this class have the potential that Higbee has.

A great player on a bad team. Justin Simmons has size, length, and short area quickness. A perfect over the top zone cover safety who can play Bruton's 3rd S role this year, some special teams, and a potential starter in the future. Had some of the best combine scores in short area burst, and a guy moving on up. Had one of the highest SPARQ ratings in the combine.

We have great corners, true, but its smart to add depth. Roby is coming up on a pay day, and Talib isn't getting any younger. Worley has been burnt a few times throughout his career, but he has size, tenacity, and athleticism needed to be put on an island. Could develop into a very solid boundary cornerback

If it weren't for the depth of this draft, Heath would go sooner. He showed tremendous athleticism at the combine and has the body type to be a solid 5 tech. Did not put up many stats while at state, but Heath the athlete is worth nabbing here and attempting to develop

Did CJ Anderson get cloned? Short, squaty, runs smart but will lower his shoulder, and shifty behind the LOS. Kid is durable too. Will likely never be a great running back, but can come into camp this year, learn, and eat carries while netting us solid ypc.

Speed kills as they say. Nobody in the league is as fast Grant (well almost no one) and due to his diminutive size, he will fall in drafts. However, coming in for trick plays and returning punts and kicks is something he could come in and do right away. Hopefully holds onto the ball better than holliday did, but this late in the draft, a dynamite returner is worth a chance.

Nice work, Dr. C!! Positionally, that would be just about perfect.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doc, I need some selling on Ifedi .. As a OT, I see him being eaten alive by edge rushers .. I don't like the chaotic element he brings, the back peddling and footwork as if he's stepping on hot coals ... He looks overpowered and overwhelmed at times ..

I don't like him on day one

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone aware of a good long snapper and coverage guy we can get to replace Aaron Brewer? Might even be a UFA, but that's a position we have to add this year.