• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn`t of said "regarless of position Cd. I don`t think Denver would have a wr or corner on their draft list at least not for a couple rds. More than likely if they miss on their 31 guy, it isn`t one of those positions next in line.

I figured you and I saw eye to eye on this. I agree they probably are not really scouting those positions early on. wouldn't surprise me to see a WR taken in say the 3rd round or on though. Corner I can't see until the 5th round or on unless there is a guy that is just falling like crazy. I doubt that happens since teams are looking for so many Corners in today's NFL.

To me at least before FA starts the order would go something like this

1) QB
2) DE/DT--have to remember we are losing both Antonio Smith and Malik at this point
3) OL--Could have 4 new starters this next year
4) RB
5) Linebacker
6) TE

To me with each position they get a slight bump depending on need. So let's say we lose Osweiler and we have a QB ranked maybe 36th on our Big Board. When we get to our pick there is a guy at say the RB position that is 26th. My guess is we would take the QB over the RB because of just how important the position is and of course the need.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view looking at the NT position as a decent idea. They could easily look to ask Sly to lose a few lbs. and try to move outside on a regular basis. He was known in college for his penetrating abilities and he showed some of that this year. He won't be Malik level but he would be I think a pretty good option at DE.

Yes I agree and was one of the first say that was a option..I am captain obvious Is what DC has had a theme on this morning and although I agree I just wanted to shoot a cannon across his bow just to make everyone's ears ring like mine this morning ...

I still love you DC..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well steop with the drama queen comments. :)

The need for a pass rush and how important it is doesn't mean we are or need to take one in round 1 EVERY single season.

How many times do I have to stress to you that teams draft on value???

Answered above ...Stop you CB whore .. Or is that S Whore ???

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured you and I saw eye to eye on this. I agree they probably are not really scouting those positions early on. wouldn't surprise me to see a WR taken in say the 3rd round or on though. Corner I can't see until the 5th round or on unless there is a guy that is just falling like crazy. I doubt that happens since teams are looking for so many Corners in today's NFL.

1) QB
2) DE/DT--have to remember we are losing both Antonio Smith and Malik at this point
4) RB
5) Linebacker
6) TE

To me with each position they get a slight bump depending on need. So let's say we lose Osweiler and we have a QB ranked maybe 36th on our Big Board. When we get to our pick there is a guy at say the RB position that is 26th. My guess is we would take the QB over the RB because of just how important the position is and of course the need.
I agree Cd. But a Henry would be very,very tempting:). I do think that Denver is pretty comfortable with their RB stable and might still go after a Irvin or Prosise in 3 rd or 4th if Bibbs aint the guy to replace Hilman. I know Bibbs is good between the tackles,but not sure he has the speed to get to the corner so that need could be further up the chart ( like 3rd )

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) QB
4) RB
5) Linebacker
6) TE

Speaking of Qbs.... Unless Denver were to move up,none of the coveted qbs would be left so I don`t think I would use a 1 on a Qb when you could prob get a Dak, Cook,Hackenburg in 2-4 rds.:noidea:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree and was one of the first say that was a option..I am captain obvious Is what DC has had a theme on this morning and although I agree I just wanted to shoot a cannon across his bow just to make everyone's ears ring like mine this morning ...

I still love you DC..

Sorry- I was bored.

I love you too.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56 days 22hours 21 minuets the draft will start

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched my first game of Jonathan Bullard of Florida and man he looks like a perfect fit for our 3-4 DE position. Needs to add a bit of weight but has the frame to do it. He has a great first step and needs to go to an attacking system. He is now becoming one of my favorite choices for the Broncos after just 1 game. Obviously need to watch more but anybody else have some thoughts on the guy?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched my first game of Jonathan Bullard of Florida and man he looks like a perfect fit for our 3-4 DE position. Needs to add a bit of weight but has the frame to do it. He has a great first step and needs to go to an attacking system. He is now becoming one of my favorite choices for the Broncos after just 1 game. Obviously need to watch more but anybody else have some thoughts on the guy?
Hmnn...from what I've read on him they say he's a perfect fit in the 4-3. That's why I hadn't thought of him much. I'll have to go recheck though. Prob misread or confusing him with someone else. What about Nassib? Was reading he was leading nation in sacks before injury. Might have that wrong too.:)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but just don't call me late for dinner . . .

Cardale Jones is going to be a fantastic NFL QB

The guy is so calm and unfazed, his awareness is great - not to mention the throws he will make all over the field

With some good coaching, this guy is going to be great

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy is so calm and unfazed, his awareness is great - not to mention the throws he will make all over the field

Your as cool as they come Lucas. Jones would be an interesting project Jones and Prescott combo in 16.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He couldn't even keep his starting gig in college. I swear you guys just watch his good highlights and never watch his games. Yeah, he's got it all alright..as a Te maybe :)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't even keep his starting gig in college. I swear you guys just watch his good highlights and never watch his games. Yeah, he's got it all alright..as a Te maybe :)

Randy, truthfully, all of what you just said is bullshit

The starting job thing was a lot more involved than simply not keeping his job ..... Whatever your opinion of a player - fine .... But ***** sake, don't come on here and tell me that I don't watch the games

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted earlier in this thread about jones
I would love to draft him with a comp pick
He would have been the 3rd qb drafted last year not saying much as that QB was Garret Grayson but nether the less an intriguing prospect to develop.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've watch plenty of Jones my friend and he has terrific tools.

Did he play well last year? Not as well as you would have expected after the end of the season he had the previous year, but he also had a heck of a starting QB who could run in front of him, was on a short leash and never really got comfortable with the musical QB's Urban was running.

Look, nobody said he was "GREAT" last year, they just said they liked him as a prospect. Huge difference.

Those who are not high on them, I can understand that as well. I wouldn't say anyone is crazy for liking or not liking the guy. There is no question he has the tools, and that is what NFL teams fall in love with.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a marvelous player - has football instincts. He has to learn pro-QB foot work - that makes him at least a two year project - maybe three - depending on how my snaps he can get in practice and preseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secret guys, but Leonte Carroo is gonna be a star!! (shhhh, don't tell anyone) :dhd: